Author Topic: Why is it.....  (Read 1803 times)

Eihtball

Re: Why is it.....
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2006, 06:36:43 PM »
and you can make generalizations about white people tho, get the fuck outta here

I know there are plenty of smart white people, but there's a lot of stupid kids.  When I see wiggers driving by blaring T.I. and Game at 300-DB, I'm left to conclude that's a general trend.  They've done studies on this shit.

Let's blame the white people, not the artists themselves for selling out to the mainstream.

Like you said, they're following the money.  And given where they come from, better that than being broke.  I never said the rappers don't have any responsibility, tho.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 06:38:48 PM by Eihtball »

herpes

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »
no, i am one of those euro cats that you believe fall into that category.
what lolol.... im not from europe or well off so try again dip shit  :D

wtf?

that doesn't make any sense

rest your sweet brain, it's battery seems to be quite low.
u said u were a euro cat that thinks i fall into the category of a well off guy or euro cat that takes the whole street steez serious doggy now go drink some tea an eat some crumpets.

herpes

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2006, 06:41:38 PM »
and you can make generalizations about white people tho, get the fuck outta here

I know there are plenty of smart white people, but there's a lot of stupid kids.  When I see wiggers driving by blaring T.I. and Game at 300-DB, I'm left to conclude that's a general trend.  They've done studies on this shit.

Let's blame the white people, not the artists themselves for selling out to the mainstream.
why dont black people stop buying bootlegs and mix tapes and buy the real album?

Like you said, they're following the money.  And given where they come from, better that than being broke.  I never said the rappers don't have any responsibility, tho.

Eihtball

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2006, 06:46:05 PM »
[why dont black people stop buying bootlegs and mix tapes and buy the real album?

And white kids don't do that?

The reason why white people have more influence isn't because blacks only buy bootlegs, it's because they're simply overrepresented.  There's more of them, and they've got more money.  The music industry has always been geared towards the taste of white kids.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »
no, i am one of those euro cats that you believe fall into that category.

re-read what i said.

i believe you have got the wrong end of the stick pal.
NO MORE WAR

herpes

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 06:48:25 PM »
[why dont black people stop buying bootlegs and mix tapes and buy the real album?

And white kids don't do that?

The reason why white people have more influence isn't because blacks only buy bootlegs, it's because they're simply overrepresented.  There's more of them, and they've got more money.  The music industry has always been geared towards the taste of white kids.

then why dont more black make there voice heard if its that important

WestCoasta

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »
I'm not one to be fooled by the mean muggin goin on in Mobb Deep club videos

Eihtball

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 06:54:36 PM »
then why dont more black make there voice heard if its that important

And how the fuck do you propose we do that?

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
Every black guy I know loves mainstream hip hop so they're happy just like the majority of white kids and everyone else. There's only a small percentage who likes the real shit, and that includes both blacks and whites. Look at the make-up of this board. You go tmore white people on here than anyone else, and everyone in here for the most part wants good music, not trash. It ain't the race.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Eihtball

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2006, 07:25:19 PM »
Every black guy I know loves mainstream hip hop so they're happy just like the majority of white kids and everyone else. There's only a small percentage who likes the real shit, and that includes both blacks and whites. Look at the make-up of this board. You go tmore white people on here than anyone else, and everyone in here for the most part wants good music, not trash. It ain't the race.

It's race in terms of numerical superiority, because, as I've said before, whites represent 80% of hip-hop buyers.

Personally, tho, the majority of black folks I know have far more balanced tastes compared to the majority of white kids in my class.  It's only become trendy recently for these white kids to like Kanye or Common, but by and large, white kids are mostly interested in gangsta/thug shit only.  Blacks are far more likely to embrace neo-soul, old school hip-hop, urban/R&B, shit like that.

And referring to everyone in here is irrelevent...almost everyone on here listens to gangsta rap almost exclusively.  Creatively, there's no difference to me between DJ Quik and 50 Cent...they both make the same kind of music.

WestCoasta

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »
Creatively, there's no difference to me between DJ Quik and 50 Cent...they both make the same kind of music.

wow.

Eihtball

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
wow.

Party-oriented gangsta shit.  Yeah, you can argue Quik is far more talented than 50, but the type of music is basically the same genre.  You can argue about who's real and who's not, whether West Coast or East Coast is better, but in the end, it's all just gangsta rap.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2006, 08:38:52 PM »

realest shit any one posted in this topic so far, eihtball you are a euro-trash clown

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2006, 09:03:10 PM »
Thats some bullshit Eihtball about white people when i lived in Sac for a few years i had a few good freinds that were white and they listend to this gangsta shit and when i asked them why they listend to it when they cant relate to it, and they both said they just liked it because the guys they liked could rap, spit heat. You know you dont have to be black to realize talent on the mic. I think a white person can hear a tight line just like a black person can. Man music is music and fans are fans money has no face who cares who buys the music as long as keeps getting supported and bought these rappers will keep puttin out good music.

WestCoasta

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 09:20:03 PM »
Creatively, there's no difference to me between DJ Quik and 50 Cent...they both make the same kind of music.

wow.

you can argue Quik is far more talented than 50, but the type of music is basically the same genre.  You can argue about who's real and who's not, whether West Coast or East Coast is better, but in the end, it's all just gangsta rap.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :P ..... I'm not even gonna bother arguing..... just give yourself a good slap for me