Author Topic: Why is it.....  (Read 1809 times)

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why is it.....
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »
iv got a lot of white friends who are all beat-oriented. and it makes me fucking sick. but iv also got white friends who bump the underground shit thats got dope multis and flows and punches. bottom line, stop trippin if you think white people cant recognize real, good rap music. they can. so can black people. so can brown people. so can yellow people. shit, so can purple, polkadotted people. IT DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHAT YOUR RACE IS, ANY RACE CAN RECOGNIZE GOOD RAP MUSIC.

Sikotic™

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2006, 09:50:13 PM »
Creatively, there's no difference to me between DJ Quik and 50 Cent...they both make the same kind of music.

You serious? A difference I can name between those two right off the bat is quality.

The argument could go back and forth all day. I guess the people you're affiliated with are different than the ones I'm with, maybe we're from different regions: who knows. All I know is the white guys I know listen to more underground, old skool, "real" hip-hop than any other races with the exception of asians. Black folks are just as interested in a rapper's "gangsta" as anyone else, but you're making it sound like we're only into the politically conscious shit and that ain't true. Even if you factor in the fact that whites over represent the population of hip hop fans, take them out of the equation and I bet you there would be just as many minorities looking out for bullshit music.

Homie above me said it best, race doesn't matter.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2006, 12:05:40 AM »
wow.

Party-oriented gangsta shit.  Yeah, you can argue Quik is far more talented than 50, but the type of music is basically the same genre.  You can argue about who's real and who's not, whether West Coast or East Coast is better, but in the end, it's all just gangsta rap.

Nah cuzzin, you wrong on that, at least as far as I'm concerned.  Quik is a vastly superior artist to 50. He is far too versatile, talented and multi dimensional to label as a gangsta rapper. Hell, none of his music since before rythmalism even gives off a gangsta type vibe to me. Quik is a real musician who makes real music. 50 is a one dimensional "gangsta" (even though hes not from a gang) rapper/battle rapper who moonlights as a hack r&b singer for his hooks.

WestCoasta

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2006, 01:24:28 AM »
^^^ u did the arguing for me... very well put

Eihtball

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2006, 06:05:54 AM »
As is typical, it seems I get a lot of ig'nant muh'fuckas who don't understand what I'm saying and jump in with their BS examples.  I've said before that 80% of hip-hop records are bought by WHITE KIDS.  So does it not make sense that hte music industry listens almost entirely to them?  Is this really so hard to figure out?  Well, this is DubCNN, so I guess so.

realest shit any one posted in this topic so far, eihtball you are a euro-trash clown

Realest shit that I just refuted?

And how would you know what I am?  "Euro-trash"?  I ain't even from Europe, whereas your white ass probably is.  Guess what I'm saying hits a little too close to home, huh, cracker?  Well, the truth hurts.

Thats some bullshit Eihtball about white people when i lived in Sac for a few years i had a few good freinds that were white and they listend to this gangsta shit and when i asked them why they listend to it when they cant relate to it, and they both said they just liked it because the guys they liked could rap, spit heat. You know you dont have to be black to realize talent on the mic. I think a white person can hear a tight line just like a black person can. Man music is music and fans are fans money has no face who cares who buys the music as long as keeps getting supported and bought these rappers will keep puttin out good music.

Man, I never even said white people can't appreciate good hip-hop.  You think I don't see these white kids bumping Common or The Roots on campus?  I know quite well there are some smart crackers out there.  But generally, those kids are still not the majority...the majority are stupid wigger trash in junior high who idolize 50 Cent, Game, Young Jeezy, Snoop, etc. because of how "gangsta" they appear.  In mainstream music, image sells far more than talent.  That ain't disputable.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :P ..... I'm not even gonna bother arguing..... just give yourself a good slap for me

Maybe you should give yourself a good slap for being too stupid to understand what I'm trying to say.

You serious? A difference I can name between those two right off the bat is quality.

Didn't I just acknowledge that?  It's not quality I'm talking about, tho.  Read next time.

The argument could go back and forth all day. I guess the people you're affiliated with are different than the ones I'm with, maybe we're from different regions: who knows. All I know is the white guys I know listen to more underground, old skool, "real" hip-hop than any other races with the exception of asians. Black folks are just as interested in a rapper's "gangsta" as anyone else, but you're making it sound like we're only into the politically conscious shit and that ain't true. Even if you factor in the fact that whites over represent the population of hip hop fans, take them out of the equation and I bet you there would be just as many minorities looking out for bullshit music.

That's not what I'm saying at all.  How many times do I have to fucking repeat myself before your illiterate ass gets it?

The point is NOT that whites only listen to gangsta shit while blacks only listen to conscious shit.  The point is, white kids do represent the majority of hip-hop buyers.  That is an incontrovertible fact...I've said before that 80% of hip-hop buyers are white kids.  Therefore, these labels are trying to make money by giving white kids what they want.  And white kids who are in middle school, trying to rebel against their parents, etc. are mostly interested in this macho image shit.  That's my point.

As far as the last thing you said, what you've said is still a hypothetical situation.  Records companies could care less about minorities because as I've said before, they aren't the ones buying the majority of records.  As long as white kids are, hip-hop will overstuffed with gangsterism and thug-talk.

Nah cuzzin, you wrong on that, at least as far as I'm concerned.  Quik is a vastly superior artist to 50. He is far too versatile, talented and multi dimensional to label as a gangsta rapper. Hell, none of his music since before rythmalism even gives off a gangsta type vibe to me. Quik is a real musician who makes real music. 50 is a one dimensional "gangsta" (even though hes not from a gang) rapper/battle rapper who moonlights as a hack r&b singer for his hooks.

Man, you know what?  Maybe I shouldn't have put down DJ Quik, but spare me the semantics, aiight?  I give a mad-ass fuck, either way.  50 may talk more about guns while Quik may be anti-violent these days, but ultimately, they both make a lot of party-oriented jams that deal a lot with fucking, clubbing, and shit like that.  I'm not saying Quik doesn't do it better than 50, but in the end, it's (mostly) the same lyrical content.  But what I've said still describes 99% of the West Coast rappers who are respected on these boards...there's too many of them that try to be thugs, pimps, gangbangers, whatever.  That's why the music is stale these days, and why I don't listen to a whole lot of it anymore.

^^^ u did the arguing for me... very well put

Yeah, cause you can't argue yourself, little faggot, so you need other cats to do it for you.  It ain't like he even addressed my main points, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 06:22:31 AM by Eihtball »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 06:19:07 AM »
Yes us rich white people just listen to hip hop to hear niggers talking about killing each other. ::)

Eihtball

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006, 06:26:54 AM »
Yes us rich white people just listen to hip hop to hear niggers talking about killing each other. ::)

Pretty much so, yeah.  Notice how many white kids on here complain every time Snoop does a song that's "too R&B", and how many of them criticize rappers who try and appeal to women.  Why is it only appropriate to hear a black man talk about killing and drug-dealing?

Also, how often do you hear white people listen to R&B or soul?  Every white kid I've ever met likes at least some rap, but white kids who like anything "urban" are few and far in between.  I wonder why that is?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2006, 06:53:10 AM »
^You see what you wanna see homie.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

'EclipZe

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2006, 09:25:27 AM »

Pretty much so, yeah.  Notice how many white kids on here complain every time Snoop does a song that's "too R&B", and how many of them criticize rappers who try and appeal to women.  Why is it only appropriate to hear a black man talk about killing and drug-dealing?

Also, how often do you hear white people listen to R&B or soul?  Every white kid I've ever met likes at least some rap, but white kids who like anything "urban" are few and far in between.  I wonder why that is?

god u bullshit a lot.  but then again what do I know... im white. don't know shit about the urban culture

WestCoasta

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2006, 10:11:25 AM »
yeah, you think 50 Cent and DJ Quik make the same music, and I'm the idiot

youngmessnucca

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »
eightball, where u from Denmark or something? y u getting so heated with all the cursing and name-calling on a internet chat board

WestCoasta

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »
got caught up in a six pack of soda my nucca

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2006, 10:55:25 AM »

That's not what I'm saying at all.  How many times do I have to fucking repeat myself before your illiterate ass gets it?

The point is NOT that whites only listen to gangsta shit while blacks only listen to conscious shit.  The point is, white kids do represent the majority of hip-hop buyers.  That is an incontrovertible fact...I've said before that 80% of hip-hop buyers are white kids.  Therefore, these labels are trying to make money by giving white kids what they want.  And white kids who are in middle school, trying to rebel against their parents, etc. are mostly interested in this macho image shit.  That's my point.

As far as the last thing you said, what you've said is still a hypothetical situation.  Records companies could care less about minorities because as I've said before, they aren't the ones buying the majority of records.  As long as white kids are, hip-hop will overstuffed with gangsterism and thug-talk.

are you that stupid ?

what dude was saying is that it simply doesn't matter, check the bold part, retard. If all white kids that you blame for the bullshit music would stop listening to it tomorrow, the only difference would be that less money is involved, but the biggest part of the money thats still in would still go to the same kind of artists. It wouldn't make a difference cause the majority of whites, as well as the majority of blacks is listening to that crap.
When the percantage is equal (let's say 85% of whites listen to crap hiphop, and 85% of blacks listen to crap hiphop) then it does NOT matter that white people's total numbers are way bigger. Take them away and it's still the same.

As for the question whether it's true that about the same percentage of blacks listen to crap hiphop as whites do, read what people (including blacks) in this thread said. It IS a fact, the majority of ALL races bump the crap, but there's also hella people from ALL races who bump real shit and go by quality, not image or whatever else.

herpes

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2006, 11:58:57 AM »
eihtball is from canada lol.

Sikotic™

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2006, 12:44:24 PM »

No muthafucka can you read?

I got your wise-ass, ignorant, blame-shifting point. You're so obsessed with hating on whitey, you don't even get what I'm saying so I'll dumb it down for ya. It doesn't matter how many fuckin white kids listen to rap, the youth in general wanna be gangstas and thugs. Brown, black, white - it don't fuckin matter. You tellin me black dudes don't wanna stunt and act hard?

Get off that 5% shit and maybe you'll be able to realize my point. Then again, you're the dude that puts DJ Quik and 50 Cent in the same category so why am I wasting my time.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE