Author Topic: Why is it.....  (Read 1804 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why is it.....
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2006, 02:44:09 PM »
Yall are all missin Eightball's point. You're automatically gettin defensive without actually seein what he's sayin. Reading & comprehension, folks.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2006, 02:54:51 PM »
Nah cuzzin, you wrong on that, at least as far as I'm concerned.  Quik is a vastly superior artist to 50. He is far too versatile, talented and multi dimensional to label as a gangsta rapper. Hell, none of his music since before rythmalism even gives off a gangsta type vibe to me. Quik is a real musician who makes real music. 50 is a one dimensional "gangsta" (even though hes not from a gang) rapper/battle rapper who moonlights as a hack r&b singer for his hooks.

Man, you know what?  Maybe I shouldn't have put down DJ Quik, but spare me the semantics, aiight?  I give a mad-ass fuck, either way.  50 may talk more about guns while Quik may be anti-violent these days, but ultimately, they both make a lot of party-oriented jams that deal a lot with fucking, clubbing, and shit like that.  I'm not saying Quik doesn't do it better than 50, but in the end, it's (mostly) the same lyrical content.  But what I've said still describes 99% of the West Coast rappers who are respected on these boards...there's too many of them that try to be thugs, pimps, gangbangers, whatever.  That's why the music is stale these days, and why I don't listen to a whole lot of it anymore.

I agree, but I think 50 and Quik are really apples and oranges. Thats all I was trying to say.

Eihtball

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2006, 06:09:07 PM »
LOL at these crackers who think I'm from Europe when they're obviously talkin bout themselves.  I live in NC right now, the Dirty-Dirty.  Since Sikotic is the only one capable of at least making sense, I'll ignore the rest of you illterate bitches, especially since you're all probably wiggers anyway.

No muthafucka can you read?

I got your wise-ass, ignorant, blame-shifting point. You're so obsessed with hating on whitey, you don't even get what I'm saying so I'll dumb it down for ya. It doesn't matter how many fuckin white kids listen to rap, the youth in general wanna be gangstas and thugs. Brown, black, white - it don't fuckin matter. You tellin me black dudes don't wanna stunt and act hard?

Get off that 5% shit and maybe you'll be able to realize my point. Then again, you're the dude that puts DJ Quik and 50 Cent in the same category so why am I wasting my time.

And I'm saying...that is still irrelevent.  You may be understanding my point, but you still ain't hearing me out.

I never said that there aren't a lot of black folks that listen to the crap-rap.  I'm sure you're right that the percentages are similar (85% of blacks like crap, 85% of crackers like crap, etc.)  But the simple fact is...blacks still do not influence what the companies support, and they never have...whites kids are the target audience.  So yeah, it's extremely relevent because that means whites had a hand in making the culture what it is today.  Gangsta shit wasn't a problem back in the late-80s', early-90s' when it was confined entirely to the underground, but it's only after we started seeing it gaining popularity amongst whites that the record labels began milking gangsta rap for all the dollars it was worth, and that is what brought an oversaturation of thug shit to the market.

My point is, it is WHITE consumption that made hip-hop what it is today.  Even IF what you said had happened, and every black man in America had decided back in '89 that they liked N.W.A. and not one white kid liked N.W.A. (which wasn't the case, obviously), the record industry would have given a mad-ass fuck about gangsta rap because they wouldn't have seen it as profitable selling ONLY to black consumers.  Consequently, gangsta shit would have remained in the margins, not the center, of what hip-hop culture was all about.  So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me to see 85% of black kids listening only to 50 and Snoop...that's all the industry gives them now.  But the industry started doing that shit because they were interested in feeding white interest, not negro interest.

Also, since when am I a 5%er simply because I'm spitting truth about the way the music industry works?  What, did you read that shit I said in the topic about Cheney shooting that other dude and think I was serious?  You think I believe in Yakub and the idea of whites being created from selective breeding?  You think I walk around calling every black dude I know "God" and every white dude I meet "Devil"?  I don't "hate whitey"...I simply think it's fucked up that the record industry works the way it does.  Like Turf Hitta said, ya'll are just too defensive.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 06:29:50 PM by Eihtball »

WestCoasta

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2006, 06:13:28 PM »
aww man now you're sayin 50 Cent and DJ Quik are on the same level lyrically?

uuuuhhh  :P

Eihtball

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2006, 06:17:32 PM »

Nope.  Just that they rap about the same type of shit - partying, ho's, money, that kinda shit.  I know quite well Quik is infinitely more talented as a rapper than 50 will ever be with his mush-mouth delivery.

Learn to fucking read.

Sikotic™

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2006, 07:03:46 PM »
LOL at these crackers who think I'm from Europe when they're obviously talkin bout themselves.  I live in NC right now, the Dirty-Dirty.  Since Sikotic is the only one capable of at least making sense, I'll ignore the rest of you illterate bitches, especially since you're all probably wiggers anyway.

I got your wise-ass, ignorant, blame-shifting point. You're so obsessed with hating on whitey, you don't even get what I'm saying so I'll dumb it down for ya. It doesn't matter how many fuckin white kids listen to rap, the youth in general wanna be gangstas and thugs. Brown, black, white - it don't fuckin matter. You tellin me black dudes don't wanna stunt and act hard?

Get off that 5% shit and maybe you'll be able to realize my point. Then again, you're the dude that puts DJ Quik and 50 Cent in the same category so why am I wasting my time.

And I'm saying...that is still irrelevent.  You may be understanding my point, but you still ain't hearing me out.

I never said that there aren't a lot of black folks that listen to the crap-rap.  I'm sure you're right that the percentages are similar (85% of blacks like crap, 85% of crackers like crap, etc.)  But the simple fact is...blacks still do not influence what the companies support, and they never have...whites kids are the target audience.  So yeah, it's extremely relevent because that means whites had a hand in making the culture what it is today.  Gangsta shit wasn't a problem back in the late-80s', early-90s' when it was confined entirely to the underground, but it's only after we started seeing it gaining popularity amongst whites that the record labels began milking gangsta rap for all the dollars it was worth, and that is what brought an oversaturation of thug shit to the market.

My point is, it is WHITE consumption that made hip-hop what it is today.  Even IF what you said had happened, and every black man in America had decided back in '89 that they liked N.W.A. and not one white kid liked N.W.A. (which wasn't the case, obviously), the record industry would have given a mad-ass fuck about gangsta rap because they wouldn't have seen it as profitable selling ONLY to black consumers.  Consequently, gangsta shit would have remained in the margins, not the center, of what hip-hop culture was all about.  So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me to see 85% of black kids listening only to 50 and Snoop...that's all the industry gives them now.  But the industry started doing that shit because they were interested in feeding white interest, not negro interest.

Also, since when am I a 5%er simply because I'm spitting truth about the way the music industry works?  What, did you read that shit I said in the topic about Cheney shooting that other dude and think I was serious?  You think I believe in Yakub and the idea of whites being created from selective breeding?  You think I walk around calling every black dude I know "God" and every white dude I meet "Devil"?  I don't "hate whitey"...I simply think it's fucked up that the record industry works the way it does.  Like Turf Hitta said, ya'll are just too defensive.

Arite man, you got your theories, I got mine, simple as that. LOL @ you thinking I think you're 5%. Nah man, just some of your thoughts resembled a couple of their ideologies. No 5%er could even handle posting here anyways.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2006, 07:16:03 PM »
No 5%er could even handle posting here anyways.

lol theyd have karma like NIK

Eihtball

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »
Arite man, you got your theories, I got mine, simple as that. LOL @ you thinking I think you're 5%. Nah man, just some of your thoughts resembled a couple of their ideologies. No 5%er could even handle posting here anyways.

Man, it ain't even a theory.  I dunno how old you are, but I'm sure you're aware there was a time when gangstas, philosophers, and popsters could occupy the same space on the charts.  Shit was more balanced back then.  It simply isn't anymore, and the big difference between hip-hop was I was 15 and hip-hop today is that it's become increasingly popular amongst whites.  Doesn't that tell you anything?

herpes

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2006, 07:44:42 PM »

lol, nah thay had the one guy that was down with above the law.  I think his name was damon x.  here was here for a while till someone found out he was postin pics of his dick on the internet trying to pick up woman lol.

Sikotic™

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2006, 08:50:28 PM »

Man, it ain't even a theory.  I dunno how old you are, but I'm sure you're aware there was a time when gangstas, philosophers, and popsters could occupy the same space on the charts.  Shit was more balanced back then.  It simply isn't anymore, and the big difference between hip-hop was I was 15 and hip-hop today is that it's become increasingly popular amongst whites.  Doesn't that tell you anything?

Oh I'm not denying the fact that hip hop sales are off balance. It's more than obvious. I still think the problem digs much deeper than the increase of white fans. I'm just basing this off of what I've seen. The indy and conscious hip hop shows out here in Cali have more white guys in the crowds then at the more mainstream concerts. Even at the indy shows, you got the wigger cats that try to impress me with their slang because I'm black lol, but the most of them got respect for the music.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2006, 04:55:42 AM »
Even IF what you said had happened, and every black man in America had decided back in '89 that they liked N.W.A. and not one white kid liked N.W.A. (which wasn't the case, obviously), the record industry would have given a mad-ass fuck about gangsta rap because they wouldn't have seen it as profitable selling ONLY to black consumers.  Consequently, gangsta shit would have remained in the margins, not the center, of what hip-hop culture was all about.

you have a way one dimensional way of thinkin. What you do (evidently without realizing it) is you blame white people for not being way more reasonable when it comes to choosin who to listen to, than blacks are. What you ned to do is compare the industry without white fans, to the industry with white fans. What you DO is, you compare the industry with the actual white fans, to the industry with fictional white fans (fans who only listen to real shit). Therefore you come to the conclusion, even if most blacks were all over the gangsta shit from the mid 90's on (which they were), it still wouldn't have made gangsta rap the center of hiphip if the white fans weren't with it, cause the white, reasonable fans who listen to real shit would have saved it from that, cause they are what counts since there's more of em. Of course that is true, but how can you blame white fans for not saving hiphop when blacks wouldn't have done that either ? White fans fucked up just liked black fans did.

compare the industry without white fans at all to what it is to today: most blacks woulda been all over that gangsta shit, they would have made it the center of hiphop (since they would be the only relevant factor without whites) and the development woulda been exactly the same.

Elevz

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2006, 05:20:14 AM »
There's just one thing that pops into my head reading all of this. Why was racism brought in as an argument? Blame the ignorant people. Fuck blaming whitey just because whitey represents the majority. It's ignorant people that made modern day music to what it is.

WestCoasta

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2006, 07:47:27 AM »

Nope.  Just that they rap about the same type of shit - partying, ho's, money, that kinda shit.  I know quite well Quik is infinitely more talented as a rapper than 50 will ever be with his mush-mouth delivery.

Learn to fucking read.

shut the fuck up, I woulda been able to quote your stupid ass if you didn't go back and edit your post, moron

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2006, 09:22:30 AM »

For the record I am not rich am white and from my point of view its not rich white people who buy into this image, but it is usually the white youth who have only been exposed to MTV, TRL. At the same time its white people who largely support the underground acts also though usually a sightly older audience. I for one just want to hear hard lyrics and great flow.
Be it Apathy, Jay-Z, Nas, 50 Cent (back in his day) Talib Kweli, Black Thought, Eminem, Xzibit (the old xzibit) Stimuli
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:30:24 AM by virtuoso »

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
that rap fans that make the biggest deal about street cred and not snitching and all this talk about the streets and what rapper is fake and real are either well off or euro cats?  Not all of them, but for the most part

Because that's pretty much the entire thing that attracts white kids to hip-hop in the first place...most of them don't nuthin about concepts like "talent", "flow", "breath control", etc.  They only care about how authentic the muh'fucka sounds, if he can name his set and if he's done prison time.  That's also why you hear these crackers saying shit like, "I hate this song...it sounds too R&B"...because they only want to hear black men talking about killing each other; it's not proper for them to hear a brother talk about other emotions, such as love.  That's why hip-hop is a minstrel show now.  Fucking white kids.

ur a fuckin idiot!
flow
flow!
try cadence
and i am now DUMBER for reading that whole statement ^^^