Author Topic: Mobb Deep Talks 'Blood Money', G-Unit Collaboration  (Read 244 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Mobb Deep Talks 'Blood Money', G-Unit Collaboration
« on: February 23, 2006, 03:38:20 PM »
Mobb Deep Talks 'Blood Money', G-Unit Collaboration
By Houston Williams

Mobb Deep have a retort for those those fans that thought the group's G-Unit affiliation would compromise their self-proclaimed "murda musik."

The group's upcoming album, Blood Money, features 50 Cent and many acts like Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and Tony Yayo, but Prodigy and Havoc say their style prevails on the opus.

"Basically, to the people that thought [it wouldn't be a true Mobb Deep album], when they hear this, I just want to stamp on their head, 'I told you.'" Havoc told AllHipHop.com.

"Mobb Deep isn't gonna change and when we first got here 50 was like, 'Listen, I want y'all to keep doing what you been doing. That's it,'" Havoc continued. "We didn't want to change and 50 didn't want to change us. Now everybody is gonna hear the Mobb sound, not just our core audience. They are gonna say, 'Oh, this is why these mother f***ers been around for 10 or something years.'"

The pair did admit that 50 Cent did bear some influence on the sound of the album, in addition to having several guest appearances.

Rapper Prodigy said, "Basically, we did like half the album when he was shooting Get Rich or Die Tryin' [and recorded] some of it while we were on tour. It was a 50/50 [effort] basically."

At a New York concert in August of 2004, M.O.P. and Mobb Deep announced they intended to release a M.O.P./ Mobb Deep joint album.

Despite the goal, Havoc revealed why the Mash Out Posse, also G-Unit brethren, don't appear on Blood Money.

"We were just been so busy. When we was on the tour together, you got five different artists trying to get in the studio at one time. Everybody was basically doing them and we didn't get the chance to actually do a song with M.O.P. We wanted to. In the future, we definitely are going to do a song with M.O.P. And definitely, we got
the [conceptual M.O.P./Mobb Deep] album in mind. It would be crazy."

With the album, they didn't want to alienate their faithful fans, but admitted to the desire to expand their audience.

"We didn't want to make this a compilation. Those are enough artists for now. I wish we could have had more of G-Unit on there. This is our introduction," the Queens producer rapper explained. "You're gonna hear collaborations with all the G-Unit artists at some point, whether is MOP and Ma$e- whatever. We just couldn't fit it in the album."

In addition to G-Unit, Blood Money features production from Alchemist, Havoc, Sha Money XL, Dr. Dre and a plethora of upcoming producers. The album is expected to hit stores on March 21.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5401

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Mobb Deep Talks 'Blood Money', G-Unit Collaboration
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 11:46:32 PM »
Just give me the MOBB grimey shit not a bunch of G UNOT faggots.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 03:49:27 AM »
Props.

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 06:55:09 AM »
P, Hav, and 50 have been hyping this shit up an awful lot.  I doubt EVERY Mobb fan is going to believe them, but a large number probably will.  So for that reason, Mobb Deep had better deliver on all this promise, or they're going to REALLY piss off their fanbase this time, moreso than they did with "Infamy".

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »
Infamy wasnt as grimey as some of there other shit, but i thought it was a good cd with some good tracks.

Get Away
Live Foul
Burn
Gats Spittin
I wont Fall
Bounce
Pray For me

all these were good tracks

The Best of 3 Worlds