Author Topic: A Reminder For the Muslims....  (Read 298 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
A Reminder For the Muslims....
« on: February 22, 2006, 12:45:49 AM »
Assalamualaiikum....In the Name of Allah the Most Beneficient the Most Merciful....

Just a short reminder, cause a reminder is most beneficial for mankind; and I am the most in need of a reminder.  The one who is addressing the people recieves as much benefit from a reminder as the people he is addressing it to.  So with that being said...

There is a statement attributed to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) that says something like, "If mankind feared Allah as much as they feared poverty then the gates of heaven would swing wide open."

Daily we need to sit and make concern over our own condition, and the conditions of all mankind.  When Allah really loves a person he gives them an understanding of the reality of this religion.  A great mercy to mankind is when Allah gives man concern for his own faith, and his hereafter.  Even better, when Allah gives man concern for his own faith and the plight of all of mankind. 

For example, if a person has concern over his own deen (religion) then he will make intention to go to the masjid 5 times a day for congregational prayer.  If Allah accepts his intention, then he will be there for all 5 prayers.  If he can not fullfill all five at the masjid (and he has to instead make some prayers at work, school) it is likely that with an intention so pure, he will atleast be able to attend 1 salaat (prayer) everyday in the masjid- at the very least.

Next example, is one who is not only making intention to perform his own prayers, but one who is also busy calling other Muslims towards performance of prayer.  How likely is someone to miss their prayers in the masjid when they are busy calling others towards the prayer? 

And it is very important to call others towards Allah, towards prayer, towards knowledge, towards brotherhood, etc... Imagine if you set up a business and you never advertised your business.  How successful would your business be?  Eventually you would go out of business.  There is a simple rule, if you want something to come into existence then talk about it.  Better yet, if you want something to come into existence think about it.

When I was in L.A. there is a popular bookstore there called the Boga Tree.  I remember one book in particular there that was called "Thoughts are Things".  This is a powerful message.  The author explained that thoughts are tangible things just like everyday objects.  Because whatever we think about eventually manifests itself physically one way or another.  So we need to be careful not only about what we spend our time doing physically, but what we spend our time thinking about mentally.

This is why Allah commanded the Prophet Muhammad in the Qu'ran to "not pass by the people engaged in the remembrance of Allah to chase after the pomp and glitter of this life".

See, Muhammad was commanded to spend his time with those who remembered Allah often and reflected upon the greatness of Allah and the signs within his creation.  This is the kind of thinking that will cause man into action which is dutiful towards Allah, and beneficial to himself and the rest of mankind.

Assalamualikum.

Dua:  "We ask Allah to confer upon us a knowledge that is useful, a heart that is enlightened and a tounge that is truthful.  We seek refuge with Allah from the misuse of our intellect.  And we seek refuge with Allah from a day when our minds may be used as an enemy against us."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 12:50:46 AM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: A Reminder For the Muslims....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 12:50:18 AM »
There is a statement attributed to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) that says something like, "If mankind feared Allah as much as they feared poverty then the gates of heaven would swing wide open."
Sorry for posting in here without being a muslim, but that quote is so true.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 12:55:31 AM »
Sorry for posting in here without being a muslim, but that quote is so true.

If you also found some benefit in the thread, then your response is appreciated.  (I knew others would read, but I wanted to address it to Muslims so that others weren't offended and didn't feel like I was telling them what to do) 

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 12:58:14 AM »
wallakum assailam brother, very good read, makes you think about what you've forgot about but i do have one question:

And it is very important to call others towards Allah, towards prayer, towards knowledge, towards brotherhood, etc... Imagine if you set up a business and you never advertised your business.  How successful would your business be?  Eventually you would go out of business.  There is a simple rule, if you want something to come into existence then talk about it.  Better yet, if you want something to come into existence think about it.

how can you talk about islam without "forcing" it upon someone else? i have been told many times not to force islam onto anybody but i cannot find a medium between forcing sum1 to listen/learn about islam and not speaking about it at all.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 01:05:39 AM »
wallakum assailam brother, very good read, makes you think about what you've forgot about but i do have one question:

how can you talk about islam without "forcing" it upon someone else? i have been told many times not to force islam onto anybody but i cannot find a medium between forcing sum1 to listen/learn about islam and not speaking about it at all.

You shouldn't force Islam on anyone.  I was talking about encouraging those who are already within the fold of Islam.  I was talking about calling Muslims towards greater focus and concentration in prayers, towards more frequent remembrence of Allah, towards seeking knowledge, towards brotherhood, etc.   When you call Muslims towards this, you recieve a benefit because you are involving yourself in something that is useful and beneficial, and at the same time they will usually appreciate the reminder and the concern you are showing for them.  So all the way around it is positive. 

Then, in addition to all that, the better we are as Muslims, and the more frequently we talk to eachother about the greatness of Allah and his deen, then the better equipped we will be when non-Muslims do approach us and want to learn more.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 01:11:17 AM »
True..ima go wake my brother up and remind him right now  ;)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 01:21:24 AM »
True..ima go wake my brother up and remind him right now  ;)

Let me add a couple more very important things to remember even when addressing Muslims...

1.  Don't use the word "you", always say "We".  For example, you wouldn't tell your brother, "You" need to have more focus when you pray, but rather say "We" need to have more focus when we pray.

2.  Second of all.  Try not to tell him what to do, but rather give him the virtues of doing a good act and he will want to do it himself.  For example: don't say to him "Go pray!"   Instead, you would tell him the virtues of prayer during the night... here are some examples...

-the person who prays in the darkness of night is the one who has the most Nur (light)

-tell him that there are 7 groups who will be under the shade of Allah on the day of Judgement, and one of those groups contains the people who wept out of fear for Allah when they were by themselves in the silence of the night 

-tell him that prayer restrains us from evil behaivor

-taking time out to pray saves time because it refocuses us

-tell him that prayer organizes our mind and puts the body into motion

-tell him that the one who sacrifices sleep for Allah, will find his reward with Allah in the next life

-tell him that prayer is better than sleep

-tell him that the things that are important to us are the things that we sacrifice for.  That the more effort we put into a thing the more we cherish it.  So that by making effort towards Allah in prayer, it will make us love Allah more, and bring us closer to Allah.