Author Topic: What happend to 50-Cents flow?  (Read 686 times)

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What happend to 50-Cents flow?
« on: February 22, 2006, 05:08:58 AM »
After listening to Onyx - React, one of the early songs that 50-Cent featured in, im wondering wtf happend to him and although i dont mind his shit now, his flow has definately degenerated since 98....

from React:

"The shit'll happen so fast, the gat blast left his brains on the glass
In a dash I snatched the cash and fled off in a flash
The only thing I ever lost I couldn't find was time
Son some crackers locked me up that's how I lost my mind
Hit him from behind four times and toss the nine, fuck him
He didn't listen told him give me the shine
The sick shit is when the police, came around to get me
The killers who was with me, snitchin sayin it was 50"

I couldnt believe my ears when i found it this was 50 spitting this..
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: What happend to 50-Cents flow?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 05:13:07 AM »
what happened?  he turned pop
NO MORE WAR

Eihtball

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 07:12:53 AM »
he turned pop

That and he got shot in the mouth.  I thought this has become common knowledge by now?

The tracks from "Power of the Dollar" that I have are amazing.  I wonder if that album is ever going to get officially released?  I would've thought the label would try to cash in on 50's popularity, just like J.T. cashed in on Game's popularity by putting out albums of unreleased material.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 07:24:04 AM »
he turned pop

That and he got shot in the mouth.  I thought this has become common knowledge by now?

The tracks from "Power of the Dollar" that I have are amazing.  I wonder if that album is ever going to get officially released?  I would've thought the label would try to cash in on 50's popularity, just like J.T. cashed in on Game's popularity by putting out albums of unreleased material.
Interscope owns the masters to Power of The Dollar so when 50 has fullfilled his contract Interscope can still put out all of the 36 songs 50 did with the Trackmasters and basically make all of the money. and 50´s flow and lyrics has changed a lot and his flow is prolly the sloppiest any hip hop superstar has ever had. listen to his flow on Hustler´s Ambition for example, it sounds like he´s taking pauses between every line. Power of The Dollar is easily a 4 mic album(by The Source old standards) and lyrically it shits all over anything ever put out by G-Unit. it´s kinda sad when you think about it coz 50 has gone from being a real nice lyricist to a fucking pop singer in 5 years.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 08:11:05 AM »
50 should rerelease Power of the Dollar

ABN

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 08:24:28 AM »
50 should rerelease Power of the Dollar
why should he? he´s not gonna make a lot of money from it, if he would´ve bought the masters himself then he should´ve dropped it. but like i said Interscope owns those masters and they´ll fuck 50 with those coz they can put those joints out and only give 50 his publishing while they´ll be making millions. and they have 36 records that he did with Trackmasters and that´s 2 more albums other the ones 50 signed on for with Interscope.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 10:02:56 AM »
He turned pop? Yeah, he turned mainstream, like all rappers will eventually do. Game next album will have its share of pop tracks if he wants to sell. I wouldn't call Candy shop pop, but Just a lil bit was really wack. Who cares if its pop or not, as long as its good music, and the GRODT soundtrack was pretty tight.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 10:49:57 AM »
there was an interview with him a while back where he said he intentionally slowed his flow down and dumbed down his lyrics to appeal to the masses.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »
I wouldnt say he turned pop.Yeah he went mainstream and dumbed down his lyrics at least he aint making duets with Mariah Carey,Christina Aguilera,Gwen Stefani or Beyonce.Eventually,especially by today standards, all rappers sell out.Game is talking about having Gwen Stefani on his LP.WSCG did a song with Mariah.Its just the way it is.Artist probably think why trying with street songs when you can go platnium and rich with songs like Laffy Taffy.

Btw 50 still uses his talent from time to time.He just needs the motivation.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 12:45:55 PM »
what happened? he got money and realized that dre beats + eminem hype + money to get anyone else on a track/ behind the boards = mulitplatinum any time. he realizes he can put out bullshit and people will still buy it cus a lot of young people/ kids first started listening to rap when GRODT dropped or later, so theyll take most anything from him. i thought, and still think, that GRODT is a very dope album, top notch production and 50 is good on it. after he cashed in on that though, i guess he just said fuck it, i can do what i want.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »
Power Of The Dollar aint shit compared to Guess Who's Back, now that's a classic east coast album.Anyways, lets say Dre & Em never found out about 50 & 50 would still be making dope albums, Im 100% sure he wouldl've been in my top 10.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 09:04:28 PM »
"Be a Gentlemen"  is pretty dope which was back in 50's early days.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »
Yea, really the only rapper in history who fell off.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

sharjiel

• 'G'
  • PAKI...What!!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 10:40:23 AM »
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sittng next to you saying...'Damn we fucked up' -

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 11:47:54 AM »
It's sad how his flow deteriorated.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE