Author Topic: Mitchy Slick: Urban Survival Syndrome May 16!  (Read 227 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Mitchy Slick: Urban Survival Syndrome May 16!
« on: February 24, 2006, 12:24:13 AM »
Thanks for the update Nima!

San Diego's hope Mitchy Slick is finally ready to release his sophomore album. After the smash album "Triggeration Station", Mitchy had everybody fiending for more Wrong Kind music. He's also part of the Strong Arm Steady crew with Xzibit, Krondon & Phil Da Agony. Now, after settling for Angeles Records as his new home, Mitch is set to drop his highly anticipated "Urban Survival Syndrome" on March 21st 2006.

Check out the official press release below:

After releasing two huge albums in one day on October 25, 2005 – DJ Muggs vs. GZA/The Genius “Grandmasters” and Self Scientific “Change” – Angeles Records has announced the next big thing…Urban Survival Syndrome from MITCHY SLICK . Urban Survival Syndrome, or USS, will hit the streets on March 21, 2006.

After building a name for himself on the local scene in San Diego, also known as the “Salty D,” with his independent label Wrong Kind Records and his smash independent album “Triggeration Station” Mitchy became a member of the Strong Arm Steady crew alongside Xzibit, Krondon and Phil the Agony. After working with DJ Khalil, and building a business friendship with DJ Muggs, Mitchy chose Angeles Records for the home of Urban Survival Syndrome. “My thing was that Muggs and them got a steady track record of keeping they businesses running. I peeped they style and how they get down it wasn’t like most of these labels that’s really a gang or ‘hood or family-oriented – Angeles just seemed like a regular record label to me. ‘Cause I’m about business, I’ve already done a lot of ‘hood shit, now it’s about business,” explains Mitchy.

DJ Muggs is equally excited about the working relationship with Mitchy and the upcoming album, “Mitch has a great work ethic, and he’s built himself a following already. I’ve been peeping him for a while – the way he moves is straight business and he understands the way the game works – on top of being the next big thing out of the west,” Muggs explains. “When I got him in the studio, he works like a vet. Ya’ll better recognize Mitchy Slick…the new West.”

The album’s title, Urban Survival Syndrome, is based on an actual disorder. After releasing Triggeration Station, Mitchy came up with the title for USS because Urban Survival Syndrome is a last option used in murder cases or urban-area cases. There was a cat named Damian Osby – he caught 2 murder beefs in Texas. He basically tried to use the fact that he didn’t have no other choice because of his environment and what he grew up having to endure. That was his defense plea in his case, just like post-trauma! tic stress disorder.”

Unlike many “gangsta rappers” and studio gangsters, Mitchy Slick is the product of the rough streets of San Diego – a place where youth are bred to become gang members. Mitchy himself was indoctrinated into gang life in the most unlikely of places – a youth football league. “Pop Warner was the hangout, and the Pop Warner colors were the color of my gang. That’s slick though, I’m 9 years old, I’m the quarterback, the linebacker is lookin’ at me crazy, and they got on the color that their gang wear – the red and black – and I got on the color my neighborhood wear – green – and at 9 years old, you expect me to make the right choice about gangbanging?”!

Mitchy Slick is a new breed of street MC, who hustles harder at the music business than he did in the streets. And with production from DJ Muggs, DJ Khalil, and Fredwreck; Urban Survival Syndrome is sure to rock the streets and the airwaves alike.

---> I've been looking forward to this album for a while now. Mitchy came tight on WOMD...

edit: release date change
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 05:07:14 AM by Lil Jay »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Mitchy Slick: Urban Survival Syndrome March 21st!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 03:12:15 AM »
Yep!

IzUwitIt

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 04:32:59 AM »
looks crazy - will cop this no doubt.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 04:35:35 AM »
actually the date is MAY 16TH, the press release had an error!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 04:51:51 AM »
actually the date is MAY 16TH, the press release had an error!

fuckin with us.... >:(

youngmessnucca

Re: Mitchy Slick: Urban Survival Syndrome May 16!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 10:12:52 AM »
about fuckin time...i been waiting 5 years for this...i might actually spend money on this