Author Topic: Proof Tony Yayo CAN rap when he wants to!  (Read 1164 times)

kingwell

T-Dub

Re: Proof Tony Yayo CAN rap when he wants to!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 11:19:59 PM »
That wasn't that bad, both were pretty nice.

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 11:25:54 PM »
Proof Tony Yayo CAN rap when he wants to!

^^when he wants too, why would he not want to rap good on his "THOUGHTS OF A PREDACTE FELON" I hate when people say, "he can rap good when he wants too" Or, "he is tight when he wants to be." What rapper doesnt want to always be tight? Thats like sayin an NBA player can make every shot if he wants too, well shit is anyone ever trying to miss when they shoot? no? So why the fucc do people always say when they want to tehy can be tight. Shit he better be tight all teh time and rap all the time or i aint buyin his shit. Fucc this WHEN HE WANTS TOO shit. Plus that Yayo freestyle was probably the same shit he spits on every show he goes on, alot of those rappers recycle verses, and say its a freestyle.

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 11:27:56 PM »
One more thing

If someone loses a battle are they gunna say..."well if i wanted to win that battle i could of" Fucc No. Every Rapper wants to be tight everytime they spit a verse, i think Yayo just fell off and dont got anything else to say, when he was spittin hottter shit its when he was still in the hood hustlin and he had some real shit to talk about.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 02:17:00 AM »
Proof Tony Yayo CAN rap when he wants to!

^^when he wants too, why would he not want to rap good on his "THOUGHTS OF A PREDACTE FELON" I hate when people say, "he can rap good when he wants too" Or, "he is tight when he wants to be." What rapper doesnt want to always be tight? Thats like sayin an NBA player can make every shot if he wants too, well shit is anyone ever trying to miss when they shoot? no? So why the fucc do people always say when they want to tehy can be tight. Shit he better be tight all teh time and rap all the time or i aint buyin his shit. Fucc this WHEN HE WANTS TOO shit. Plus that Yayo freestyle was probably the same shit he spits on every show he goes on, alot of those rappers recycle verses, and say its a freestyle.

To me, it's about motivation and consistency. It's basically sayin that somebody can do somethin when motivated, and that they have it in em, but that they just feel they don't need to use it for whatever reasons. It's just like a lotta kids in school who have the potential to get straight As, and they'll get an A on a hard test "when they want to", but most of the time they are too lazy to want to study and be focused. I don't think they are usin this as an excuse for him, like "nah don't hate on Tony, he's dope when he wants to be," they are just sayin it like "well most of us feel Yayo sucks, including me, but he really can come dope when he puts his effort into it...even though he usually doesn't".

So yeah it's their bad if they don't want to put their all into it all the time, but many rappers just seem to have no motivation when they get to the top, and that's how a lot of people are in different professions.

Diabolical

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 09:49:15 AM »
It would be really funny if Ja made a diss over the "I smell pussy" beat.

sharjiel

• 'G'
  • PAKI...What!!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 10:11:23 AM »
that was pretty nice. how could thoughts of a parapelegic felon or wutever the fuck it was called be so bad?
PARAPELEGIC felon...lmao!!!
yah..that album was worth forgetting!!!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sittng next to you saying...'Damn we fucked up' -

Elevz

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »
Plus that Yayo freestyle was probably the same shit he spits on every show he goes on, alot of those rappers recycle verses, and say its a freestyle.
Hit the nail on the head there. Am I really the only one who noticed Banks and Yayo were BACKING UP each others vocals some times? You CAN'T do that when it's a real freestyle.

And besides that, Jome is right, this really wasn't that old - this is a recording from after Yayo was released from the pen. They're clearly promoting Banks' debut album, which means it was done somewhere spring 2004. Not new, but definately not "old".

As for the whole motivation thing, what can I say. It's true - they just need to a push in the back to get back to making good music. It's the same reason why Nas no longer spits sick shit like he did on Illmatic.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »
Plus that Yayo freestyle was probably the same shit he spits on every show he goes on, alot of those rappers recycle verses, and say its a freestyle.
Hit the nail on the head there. Am I really the only one who noticed Banks and Yayo were BACKING UP each others vocals some times? You CAN'T do that when it's a real freestyle.

i saw this one thing in a freestyle battle, where one guy was rapping and the other guy was "backing him up" as you called it, but as in a way as to say his lyrics were predictable

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 11:38:56 AM »
i aint gonna front that shit was decent but like someone else said its about bein consistent.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »
banks was nice but yayo was wack im sorry to say.

Elevz

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 03:10:23 AM »

i saw this one thing in a freestyle battle, where one guy was rapping and the other guy was "backing him up" as you called it, but as in a way as to say his lyrics were predictable

Only if the raps are real predictable, but you're right. I don't believe that's the case here though, they just seemed too secure about each other's verses. That shit was rehearsed, I tell you.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 03:25:26 PM »
^^^of course that shit was rehearsed its not even live....

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 09:39:29 PM »
^^^^That aint true, when the DPG was on Rap city that shit wasnt live, but you can tell Kurupt freestyled that shit.

And what Rtistic said about Motivation that was real talk, i know what you mean man.

And about YAYO that shit was rehearsed, GUARANTEE IT!

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 10:26:13 PM »
most likely they were rehearsed..i hear alot of G-unit freestyles that sound like they been practiced

i mean how many times can the other member predict what the last word in each sentence is gna be  ???

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8