Author Topic: German man sentenced to jail for insulting Islam  (Read 548 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
German man sentenced to jail for insulting Islam
« on: February 24, 2006, 03:44:59 PM »
German court convicts man for insulting Islam

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060223/wl_nm/crime_religion_germany_dc_2

DUESSELDORF, Germany (Reuters) - A German court on Thursday convicted a businessman of insulting Islam by printing the word "Koran" on toilet paper and offering it to mosques.

ADVERTISEMENT

The 61-year-old man, identified only as Manfred van H., was given a one-year jail sentence, suspended for five years, and ordered to complete 300 hours of community service, a district court in the western German town of Luedinghausen ruled.

The conviction comes after a Danish newspaper printed cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammad -- sparking violent protests around the world from Muslims who saw the images as sacrilegious and an attack on their beliefs.

Manfred van H. printed out sheets of toilet paper bearing the word "Koran" shortly after a group of Muslims carried out a series of bomb attacks in London in July 2005. He sent the paper to German television stations, magazines and some 15 mosques.

Prosecutors said that in an accompanying letter Manfred van H. called Islam's holy book a "cookbook for terrorists."

He also offered his toilet paper for sale on the Internet at a price of 4 euros ($4.76) per roll, saying the proceeds would go toward a "memorial to all the victims of Islamic terrorism."

The maximum sentence for insulting religious beliefs under the German criminal code is three years in prison.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: German man sentenced to jail for insulting Islam
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 03:51:56 PM »

I agree with you this is totally sick totally criminal as is the prison sentence given to David Irving, as is the suspension given to Ken Livingstone I mean the list is getting longer. Free speech is becoming an evil crime.

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »
He should have gotten jail for being German.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »

I agree with you this is totally sick totally criminal as is the prison sentence given to David Irving, as is the suspension given to Ken Livingstone I mean the list is getting longer. Free speech is becoming an evil crime.

In Europe yes. But not America.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 04:07:10 PM »
Oh really, then check out the plight of those poor christians who are facing up to 41 years in philadelphia for daring to read from the bible during a gay march. Just so you dont think I am making it up TESTING THE FAITH
U.S. attorneys complicit
in arrest of Christians?
Source says homosexual government lawyers advised Philadelphia police at 'OutFest' event
Posted: January 5, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Ron Strom
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Homosexual attorneys from the U.S. Justice Department Civil Rights Division not only attended a large homosexual event in Philadelphia last year, but they advised police on the scene who arrested 11 Christian protesters, says a source within the agency.

According to the Justice Department employee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, a number of agency attorneys from Washington, D.C., attended the October "OutFest" event, and, he says, they therefore are not likely to take up the cause of the five criminally charged Christians who believe Philadelphia officials violated their civil rights.

As WorldNetDaily reported, on Oct. 10, the group was "preaching God's Word" to a crowd of people attending the Philadelphia event and displaying banners with biblical messages.

After a confrontation with a group called the Pink Angels, described by protesters as "a militant mob of homosexuals," the 11 Christians were arrested and spent a night in jail.

Eight charges were filed: criminal conspiracy, possession of instruments of crime, reckless endangerment of another person, ethnic intimidation, riot, failure to disperse, disorderly conduct and obstructing highways.

None of the Pink Angels was cited or arrested.

After a preliminary hearing in December, Judge William Austin Meehan ordered four of the Christians to stand trial on three felony and five misdemeanor charges. If convicted, they could get a maximum of 47 years in prison. One female teenage protester faces charges in the juvenile justice system.

"Some of the lawyers in [the Civil Rights Division] participated in the gay-rights march," the source told WND, referring to the OutFest event. "They participate in those kinds of marches."

Because of that participation, the source thought there would be a "conflict" with the homosexual attorneys, saying they would not be too eager to help the Christians who protested at OutFest.

The Justice source said he estimated between 10 and 11 percent of the attorneys in the Civil Rights Division are homosexual.

He said he believes the protesters were charged with ethnic intimidation "at the recommendation of some of our attorneys who were at the march."

Continued the Justice employee: "They advised the police as witnesses, not as legal counsel, but as witnesses who may have observed what happened."

Supporters of the defendants, known as "the Philadelphia 5," have encouraged concerned Americans to contact the Department of Justice to urge officials there to take action against the city of Philadelphia for allegedly violating the civil rights of the protesters.

A notice on the Repent America website states, "Encourage the U.S. Department of Justice to get involved by contacting Chief Albert Moskowitz in the Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division at 202-514-4540, and Chief Shanetta Brown-Cutlar in Special Litigation at 202-514-6255."

A general e-mail address is listed on the department's website for contacting the agency.

The Justice Department source said some attorneys there have tried to get more homosexual lawyers into the agency.

"The attorneys who are gay here are trying to encourage more diversity," he said. "But there's no quota or anything."

Brian Fahling, senior trial attorney for the American Family Association's Center for Law & Policy, is representing the Christian defendants. He was not surprised that Department of Justice attorneys may have attended OutFest.

"Actually, that wouldn't surprise me because they're not all political appointments," he told WND. "There would be some who would be career civil servants from the Clinton administration."

Fahling said it was "always a possibility" that the sexual orientation of Justice attorneys could bias them against the Philadelphia 5. Even so, the attorney believes if enough public pressure is put on the Department of Justice, officials there will take action against the city of Philadelphia.

"With a sufficient amount of pressure, something will happen," he said. "We're going to continue to press in that direction."

Fahling said it was "mind-numbing" that his clients potentially could be facing 47 years in jail.

"It's clear that the facts don't matter … in Philadelphia," he said, "so there's going to have to be outside intervention" from the Justice Department.

Fahling said that at the preliminary hearing in December, the Philadelphia city prosecutor in the case, Charles Ehrlich, attacked the defendants as "hateful" and referred to preaching the Bible as "fighting words," a characterization, the law group says, with which Judge Meehan agreed.

Charges were dropped against six of the 11 Christians, apparently because they were not seen quoting Scripture on the videotape.

The ethnic intimidation charge stems from Pennsylvania's "hate crimes" law – to which the newest "victim" category of "sexual orientation" was recently added.

A video of the arrest, provided by the Center for Law & Policy can be seen here [Windows Media].

Related stories:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42221
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 04:15:35 PM by virtuoso »

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »
Was his name 7?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

BadBoyKILLA333

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 08:05:30 PM »
thats ridicoulous jail time for insulting a bunch of muslims????god am i glad this shit dont happen in the states

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
damn this cat got it worse than Laura Bush when she killed a classmate in 63'

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 08:37:25 PM »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 10:41:20 PM »

After a confrontation with a group called the Pink Angels, described by protesters as "a militant mob of homosexuals,"

LMFAO
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 02:17:54 AM »
Germany is very intolerant towards everything that's intolerant towards anyone that is not German & white in order to make them butthurt ppl whose grannies got killed by nazis stop pissing us off, so this sentence doesn't suprise me. It's not about killing free speech, it's more about having an agenda.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 04:12:13 AM »
I have actually watched the video of those christians getting arrested, man they didnt do anything, they were simply reading from a bible to voice their protest against gay people. This is beyond words, of course it is about killing off free speech, what is it with these people john yoo saying Bush can torture children, Aswat being a double agent of MI6, neocons promising that if america has another terror attack they will declare war with iran, verichip promoting the use of rfid chips and even more sinister than that promoting implantable microchips  :o
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 04:38:23 AM by virtuoso »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 04:12:32 AM »
funny that Real American abandoned this thread after virtuoso's post

thats understandable though, as a ukrainian, he problably doesn't know much about what's happening in usa.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 04:16:08 AM by Maestro Minded »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 09:49:29 AM »

Yeah I also noticed the houdini act that he has pulled. I wonder if he will pretend that he hasnt read it, or indeed its a fake new story even though if you type it in on google you find the story everywhere and there is the accompanying video footage of it also.

K A I N

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »
damn this cat got it worse than Laura Bush when she killed a classmate in 63'

lol fucka stop sign  :D