Author Topic: The East Coast has better rappers, but the west...  (Read 1623 times)

Tha_Chozen_1

Re: The East Coast has better rappers, but the wes
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2002, 08:03:10 AM »
ok ok I'll admit that was stupid of me to say.  I got carried away.  But alot of those type of peolpe do exist, you know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

techniec

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2002, 08:20:15 AM »

i'm not hating but that statement was VERY IGNORANT, it's obvious the only eastcoast music you've ever heard is dmx, ja rule and puffy, again i'm not hating but it's obvious where your horizons are in hip hop to make that statement

i'm westcoast til i die BUT....

for every westcoast classic there is, there is like 10 eastcoast classics

diss songs....lol, they were the place that invented the "diss song" you seriously need to take a trip back to the old school

and if anything eastcoast music as a whole is 10x less mainstream than just about every underground kind of music out there, i love westcoast music but the westcoast's underground wouldn't even exisist if itwasn't for the eastcoast underground

as for production, yes that definatly is true, dre, quik, warren, daz, ant banks, ect. are all better TRUE producers  since 99% of the producers in the east are just mixers/dj's

but the rest of that is pretty ignorant for you to say.....i'm not dissing you or trying to offend you so don't take this up the ass like engies would, but that statement is VERY ignorant, please expand your horizons in hip hop...or music in general first before you say something like this again

how the fuck are u gonna tell me what i know or what i am?
i think you're ignorant for saying i listen to dmx and puffy
cuz see, what i said was an opinion, that ALOT of people happen to agree with , what u said was just plain stupid, you're stating opinions fronting like they facts,

"its pretty obvious..."

its pretty obvious some one needs to check they attitude

KVB

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2002, 09:12:59 AM »
^ Hey.. chill out.. we don't need no beef... but I agree with Bigjake... you really need to expand your horizons before making such statements... peace.

~1~

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2002, 11:17:04 AM »
Bottom line......East has Better Lyrical MC's......Period.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

infinite59

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2002, 11:37:16 AM »

i'm not hating but that statement was VERY IGNORANT, it's obvious the only eastcoast music you've ever heard is dmx, ja rule and puffy, again i'm not hating but it's obvious where your horizons are in hip hop to make that statement

i'm westcoast til i die BUT....

for every westcoast classic there is, there is like 10 eastcoast classics

diss songs....lol, they were the place that invented the "diss song" you seriously need to take a trip back to the old school

and if anything eastcoast music as a whole is 10x less mainstream than just about every underground kind of music out there, i love westcoast music but the westcoast's underground wouldn't even exisist if itwasn't for the eastcoast underground

as for production, yes that definatly is true, dre, quik, warren, daz, ant banks, ect. are all better TRUE producers  since 99% of the producers in the east are just mixers/dj's

but the rest of that is pretty ignorant for you to say.....i'm not dissing you or trying to offend you so don't take this up the ass like engies would, but that statement is VERY ignorant, please expand your horizons in hip hop...or music in general first before you say something like this again

Techniec's a for real hip-hop head....You can disagree with him, you had some good points, but that Ja Rule and DMX comment was out of line homie.

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2002, 01:19:45 PM »
a yo this is to the ignorant one.....my man u just need some love from someone....prolly a white rich daddy's lil gurl who bumps hip-hop.....lol.....or maybe u got diised by one.........but regardless music is the most universal thing out there, and hip-hop is one genre of music......and its growin and more and more people are appreciating that its music....now first of all i love the sound of the west its completely bangin........but yo fo east coast rap here ya go son....
first of all name one cat that can come close to comparin to rakim aight.......krs, black thought, common, pharoah monche, biggie, nas, kool g rap.........
peace

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2002, 01:22:03 PM »
west better style and production

east for the most part more lyrical not counting dmx/ja rule/puffy
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2002, 02:54:12 PM »
Hip Hop does not have color or gender.  hip hop is music period.  anybody who likes it can listen to it.  Im black and I live in one of the worst neighborhoods in L.A does this mean I cant listen to rock n roll.  Who do you think buys hip hop records.  If not for white, mexican, japan, china, and all those other places who listen to hip hop than it would not last.  Tupac did not grow up broke and gang bangin and he is the creator of thug music so grow up some and open your mind.

Tha_Chozen_1

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2002, 04:16:08 PM »
Hold up. every one needs to stop right now and shut tha hell up and listen fo a min.  when I said those things about white female rap fans I got carried away.  I shouldn't of said it.  It was stupid. BUT, some of those type of people are out there.  Just like there are people who claim to be long time Tupac fans and didn't even know who he was untill five years after his death.  Like people who didn't know who Dre was untill eminem came out.  And stupid muthafukin Pop fans who only bought Kurupt for "It's Over".  You see what i mean?  I'm just tired of people like that claimin to be true hip hop fans.  

So even though I may sound "ignorant",  I am not.  So Get off my mothafukin back and call it peace.  I did not join this board to piss every body off.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2002, 11:41:07 PM »
Hold up. every one needs to stop right now and shut tha hell up and listen fo a min.  when I said those things about white female rap fans I got carried away.  I shouldn't of said it.  It was stupid. BUT, some of those type of people are out there.  Just like there are people who claim to be long time Tupac fans and didn't even know who he was untill five years after his death.  Like people who didn't know who Dre was untill eminem came out.  And stupid muthafukin Pop fans who only bought Kurupt for "It's Over".  You see what i mean?  I'm just tired of people like that claimin to be true hip hop fans.  

So even though I may sound "ignorant",  I am not.  So Get off my mothafukin back and call it peace.  I did not join this board to piss every body off.

YES, those type of fans do exist, but their not only WHITE homie, there's black/asian/latino/mexican/european & all other types of people that fit those descriptions too. You can't just tar everyone with the same brush when you don't know everyone in the world. Shit, I just find it very ignorant for a hip-hop fan to spit shit like that, just appreciate it for what it is, music, don't judge people who like it just because of their colour or where they come from, just let them enjoy it for whatever reasons they want to & you do the same.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

S.G.V.

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2002, 10:29:05 AM »
I will have to disagree with this post...the east coast doesnt have better rappers...and for every West Coast Classic there is not 10 East Coast Classics...personally the West Coast has many more classics than the east....as for the whole rapper thing....people think the east has better lyrics and blah blah blah because they only hear snoop and dre....listen to a Project Blowed tape...they kill any east coast mc...listen to a crooked i freestyle(not to mention that most of our mcs in the west actually spit off the top...not memorized or written verses like the majority of the east coast mcs), listen to a ras kass, defari, planet asia or saafir freestyle...they kill off any mc....our producers are ten times better....this is my opinion and i know u east coast foos will disagree but oh well..s.g.v.

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2002, 11:04:01 AM »
so let me get this str8 u gonna try and compare ant rhymer on the west even rass kass who is dope lyricist to rakim........let me hear what u got to say to that
peace

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2002, 11:49:46 AM »
This is one hostile topic LMAO!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2002, 11:50:43 AM »
It Aint about who got better rappers...They aint talkin about the same thing and they aint got the same livin.And for the beat The West iz Betta 4 sho and the start jackin the west 4 the beats.Also  East Coast rappers have more commercial faces than sum West Coast rappers most of the west coast rappers R old and got ugly faces.East Coast rappers got style
and West Coast rappers R stick with them chucks and kaki pants.East Coast rappers R talkin about , money ,power and Love 4 them crew and West rappers R talkin about, being a pimp ,Hoes,gangbang(street),and Hood life

So as U can See u can compare these two side cause they are really different in a real way

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2002, 03:19:15 PM »
im not tryin to b cocky or nuthin but ya'l keep talkin that pimpin. money, power, sex shit....east or west.......what bout rakim, common, kool g rap, black thought, pharoahmonche, rass kass, xzhibit, krs, nas......man those cats rap bout skillz and they are all basically bout rappin positive shit, and real shit that they see in life.......not to mention a couple of these cats have changed the face of rap.......by the way this room isnt hostile were all havin civil conversations just givin our opinions, and i respect all of ya'll's opinions....holla back
peace