Author Topic: When did this rapper jump the shark?  (Read 806 times)

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
Re: When did this rapper jump the shark?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2006, 05:31:07 AM »
Aftermath record for not putting records out!!!!!!!!  (except G-Unit records)  :'(
The Canadian Polish

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2006, 05:48:09 AM »
Kurupt and Daz for dissing the shit out of eachother,their wives and so on...Then working again 3 months later.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 08:19:47 AM »
I think Crooked I jumped when he signed to Death Row.

That would imply that Crooked had had success at some point. He can't really fall off if he hasn't put out anything yet. I've heard lots of hot verses from Crooked but very few actual songs.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2006, 09:11:46 AM »
knocturnal.. duno if you can group this in the critea of jumping the shark because he hasnt had too much out compared to some of the artists said in this thread.. but i definatley think he has bomb'd the fuck out.. his last album was pure garbage.

Paul

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2006, 09:39:28 AM »
dre for concentrating more on 50 and g unit and not working with west coast artists(now its eve and bustas turn) Bishop lamont next please
funkyfreshintheflesh

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2006, 11:38:07 AM »
dre for concentrating more on 50 and g unit and not working with west coast artists(now its eve and bustas turn) Bishop lamont next please
I don't think that's really jumping the shark. He still has as much fans now as he did back then and while his music started to slow down with time only idiots think he dosen't have quality beats anymore. He still has much credability.

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2006, 01:33:42 PM »
Please explain me about Kurupt making the right decision.

Because I think he wasted a couple of years and dropped a trash album against the grain

Death Row made him who he is today and i'm sure when Kurupt was at Death Row when 2Pac was alive you were all for Death Row

What kind of an argument is that?!? Its a known fact that Deathrow use to be the shit. I own almost all of the old deathrow albums.
Nowadays however they ain't shit anymore. All they do is releasing 2pac recycled material and letting hot artists like crooked I waste years of their career.

Get real
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

Paul

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2006, 01:43:51 PM »
I don't think that's really jumping the shark. He still has as much fans now as he did back then and while his music started to slow down with time only idiots think he dosen't have quality beats anymore. He still has much credability.

yeah ur kinda rite , i dont think i understand the full concept of the question :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

yeah ur kinda rite , i dont think i understand the full concept of the question :-\

In terms of television,jumping the shark is when something happens in a series which makes it lose all or most of its credibility or popularity. Usually this involves the death of a character,the introduction of a child or distant relative, overuse of certain plots, 'alternate universe'-episodes et cetera. Jumping the shark does not definately mean you can't like it anymore,but it does mean a series lost much of its credibility or attractivity.

I personally think that jumping the shark can be applied to many things,including artists. Therefore I ask WCC: When do you think a rapper or producer really jumped the shark?
Dre was the Don back in 92 and he's the Don now. Your statment can be an arguement for selling out or alienating his fan base (which I'm not even going to discuss) but he has never lost crediability because everyone always says he's a perfectionist. He's not as good as he use to be, but who was? People are still on Dre's dick.