Author Topic: LOL@build a museum on an ancient muslim burial ground to promote faith tolerence  (Read 183 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Deal sought in Israel burial row
Israel's Supreme Court has appointed a mediator to solve a dispute over the building of a museum on the site of a ancient Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem.
The museum is being built by the Simon Wiesenthal Centre, based in the US, to promote tolerance between faith groups.

Muslim clerics petitioned the court to stop work after bones were uncovered during the building work.

The court ordered a suspension of work at the site and gave a former chief justice 30 days to reach a compromise.

Clerics say an old car park on which the $150m (£86m) project is being constructed was built over Islamic Wafq (religious endowment) land which had been confiscated by Israel.

The cemetery is said to contain bones dating back to the earliest decades of Islam in the 7th Century, including companions of the Prophet Muhammad.

"We hope that this mediation period will produce a solution equitable to all parties," the Simon Wiesenthal Centre said in a statement.

The mediator has been named as retired Supreme Court Justice Meir Shamgar.

The Wiesenthal Centre has argued that the cemetery was deemed abandoned under a ruling of a Muslim judge in the Israel's justice system.

But the clerics have found backing from senior Israeli as well as Palestinian figures.

"The initiators of the tolerance museum project could have shown a minimum of tolerance by building it elsewhere, especially since the existence of the cemetery was known to all," said parliamentary speaker Reuven Rivlin last week.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/4744756.stm

Published: 2006/02/23 18:07:12 GMT

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You can't build anything new in a city as ancient as Jerusalem without building upon land that has graves.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
^ lol what a faggot
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
I love stories like these.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Jome

Shit happens.  :stir: :firedevil: