Author Topic: Sam Sneed  (Read 1061 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Sam Sneed
« on: February 26, 2006, 09:26:42 AM »
Could anyone tell me when he left deat row?What happened to him right after that?And how did he end up producing for G-Unit?Does he talk with Dre these days?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
Re: Sam Sneed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 09:27:44 AM »
he left death row and joined the backstreet boys production team

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 09:31:43 AM »
^ uh.. wasn that barney 'rubble' thomas that went pop? not sneed..

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 09:36:24 AM »
ur wrong its sam sneed

Mygla

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 11:27:53 AM »
ur wrong its sam sneed

i'm pretty sure you are wrong...

I haven't heard anything about Sneed doing pop before, as far as i know, he took a few years break from the game after his brain-tumour (rappers like Dre & Busta helped finance the treatment), before he came back with a beat on Jigga's Vol 3 album and JT Money's Blood, Sweat And Tears in 2000/2001....

and after some research, i found out that Sean "Barney" Thomas (did ya mix up the name there 'Seer? ;) ) did some production for a pop-singer named Denise Lopez, who also had production/writing from Max Martin, who was responsible for i.e. Backstreet Boys & Britney Spears...

google.com bitches!  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 11:42:15 AM »

thanks for backing my post up with some hard facts mygla...

think it was sean 'barney rubble' thomas.. that threw me..  ;)

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 01:06:49 PM »
I just watched the source awards 95 again and its a shame that Sam Sneed never really got his chance to drop a hot album.
He rips the mic with think you better recognize and everybody knows that he made some dope beats on deathrow together with dre.
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 02:02:52 PM »
he was definately one of the most talented producers on death row - and his flow was dope too

he ripped it at the source awards, every time i see that video i wish id hold a sam sneed album in my hands

and dont forget, he produced keep their heads ringin! im listening to the instrumetal every few weeks and its like a masterpiece to me - i try to learn from it

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 04:32:28 PM »
Sam Sneed's one of the dopest artists\producers that never had to chance to fully blow up. The "U Better Recognize" track is real tight, and an album from him would've been killer. 2 of Dre's illest productions were "Natural Born Killaz" and "Keep Their Heads Ringin" and those are the 2 cuts that Sneed co-produced with him. They were a great team. I even dig Sam's new material, that "Curious" beat had a laid back feel and a thump to it.

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 08:32:20 PM »
He tried to leave Deathrow right after Dre left in early 96, but Deathrow wouldn't let him out of his contract.  He wanted to leave because some of the people at deathrow jumped him because he shot a video that did not any Deathrow artists, and because his video had a lot of east coast artists in it.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 09:48:41 PM »
He tried to leave Deathrow right after Dre left in early 96, but Deathrow wouldn't let him out of his contract.  He wanted to leave because some of the people at deathrow jumped him because he shot a video that did not any Deathrow artists, and because his video had a lot of east coast artists in it.

Yeah. I believe Pac was the main instigator of that brawl.

reddy_red

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 10:07:02 PM »
how old is sam sneed anyway?

Diggfinger

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 11:15:27 PM »
Sam Sneed's one of the dopest artists\producers that never had to chance to fully blow up. The "U Better Recognize" track is real tight, and an album from him would've been killer. 2 of Dre's illest productions were "Natural Born Killaz" and "Keep Their Heads Ringin" and those are the 2 cuts that Sneed co-produced with him. They were a great team. I even dig Sam's new material, that "Curious" beat had a laid back feel and a thump to it.

Could you hook that "Curios" song up?? Im anxious to hear some new stuff by Sneed...

Mygla

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 06:58:16 AM »

Could you hook that "Curios" song up?? Im anxious to hear some new stuff by Sneed...

it's on Yayo's album...

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 07:59:19 AM »
Sam sneed was really talented. He ripped the mic on the soource awards show. To bad he fell of.