Author Topic: Be Honest How many..........  (Read 450 times)

you_all_dick_ridas

Be Honest How many..........
« on: March 06, 2002, 09:14:37 AM »
of you all even listen to Rakim before he hooked up with all of y'all idol Dre. If so name some of his hits then.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Be Honest How many..........
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2002, 09:16:53 AM »
of you all even listen to Rakim before he hooked up with all of y'all idol Dre. If so name some of his hits then.

I have all Eric B and Rakim albums OG.  Including his solo joints.  No need to name.  I own em all.  Ill throw up some scans soon.  Pz.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

teecee

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 09:27:14 AM »
Listening to Rakim before i listened to any westcoast; asking people to name Rakim's hits is kinda dumb cuz it is pretty easy to look up.........

I am prolly one of the few people on this board who is leary of the Dre- Rakim combo......sure, it could be incredible.  However, i don't want Ra to start swearing and being all ignorant, cuz that just ain't him.  He should stick to the script and be himself, and this will turn out incredible.

although Ra is the greatest MC ever, i don't see how he is gonna sell 2-3 times platinum.......like Dre is prolly expecting.  

True Rakim fans have mixed feelings about this pairing, and with good reason.  However, there is also great potential being they are both the greatest at what they do.....time will tell!      pEACE

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 09:34:28 AM »
Listening to Rakim before i listened to any westcoast; asking people to name Rakim's hits is kinda dumb cuz it is pretty easy to look up.........

I am prolly one of the few people on this board who is leary of the Dre- Rakim combo......sure, it could be incredible.  However, i don't want Ra to start swearing and being all ignorant, cuz that just ain't him.  He should stick to the script and be himself, and this will turn out incredible.

although Ra is the greatest MC ever, i don't see how he is gonna sell 2-3 times platinum.......like Dre is prolly expecting.  

True Rakim fans have mixed feelings about this pairing, and with good reason.  However, there is also great potential being they are both the greatest at what they do.....time will tell!      pEACE

Wow, TeeCee.. your posts are so thought out.  Props.  I would agree.  Im worried about this album.  Look at Xzibits album.  I mean.. it was cool.. but It just wasn't Xzibit.  I would have rather seen him do an album with his Lik Wit crew including Defari and maybe have Dre provided a few beats or some mixing skills.  I'm hoping this Rakim and Dre combo works.  Dre seems like he would be too clean of a producer for Rakim.  But I dont know..

Old school Eastcoast artists like Eric B and Rakim are str8 heat.  This was the time frame when the East was rockin.  I can't knock it.

Ax.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 10:42:09 AM »
you_were_a_member fuck off.  :P

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 12:20:26 PM »
ha ha did you just ban his ass
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 12:23:37 PM »
my bad i just saw it said guest.....that muthafucks just can't get enough of your forum overseer it looks like he's all_over_your_nuts!!!!!!
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »
Eric B. & Rakim were the shit
all straight up heat
heres just a few hits to check out:
"Eric B. Is President"
"Microphone Fiend"
"Paid In Full"

teecee

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2002, 03:25:20 PM »
ya;ll should check the song IN THE GHETTO

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2002, 03:30:38 PM »
Ive been listenin to Ra for .. years now. I never was really into the westcoast gangsta stuff through NWA, not really until Death Row became big .. was always listening to G Rap, KRS, etc.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2002, 05:42:43 PM »
Ive been listenin to Ra for .. years now. I never was really into the westcoast gangsta stuff through NWA, not really until Death Row became big .. was always listening to G Rap, KRS, etc.

G Rap, KRS.. East Coast OG'z no doubt.

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

Big FC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im really fucking random.. and too swift on my toes to get caught up with you hoes..
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2002, 05:56:48 PM »
i neva listened to rakim before he hooked up with dre... i mean i heard a few songs.. but i only recently started feelin east coast classics... i mean i'm 16 and i've lived on the west coast all my life and i just hadn't been exposed to it... but i went out and bought his first album 'n shit... he was fuckin dope with eric b... but no i can't pretend that i was a fan before he hooked with dre.. just being honest..
I ain't a killer but don't push me, revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy - Makaveli, RIP
And when we making n*gga shit always makin a killin, i be hearin you bitches there go the villain.. - MC Ren

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2002, 05:59:56 PM »
ya'll know im biggest rakim fan, im even talkin bout ra on otha posts....lol......1st of all im from the east and i just wanna say this whole website ya'll put together is mos def the shit...........heres da deal ive been listenin to ra for a lil while now, and rakim is the exception to every rule, ya'll know what im sayin.......u know durin his years under seclusion he must have been askem by so many heads to do this or that, or sign wit dis or that........so timin is everythin to rakim, he even said it on the 18th letter..........the only thing ra has lacked as a solo artist was the beats, his lyrics even on the last 2 solo albums was blazin like usual.....so dre must have had somethin to offer him.......hes gonna stay true to himself no matter what cause thats who he his, and his religion islam teaches that......which i have studied.......the other thing is from what i read primo is producin like half the album this time round.....and ya;ll know evertime primo and ra get together its a masterpiece......heres a couple
the 18th letter
when i b on tha mic
real shit
waitin for the world to end
its been a long time
the mystery
lyrics of fury
dont sweat the technique
my melody
paid in full
u know i got soul
eric b is pres
the punisher
know the ledge
holla back ya'll
peace

bricklayer

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2002, 06:04:11 PM »
yo big fc, its cool....thas why theres peeps to tell u to listen to him like yo peep this cat he was the baddest mutha fucka in the mic....i mean if u feel him than u could tell him to your boyz no what i mean........im only 21 but hes still my fav rapper of all time.......i mean the shit he did wit da mic still isnt done today, and some mc's have gone backwards.... but i still respect everyone
peace

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2002, 06:30:30 PM »
i do , even before i start listenin snoop
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"