Poll

Would you be prepared to pay $5/month for this service?

yes
8 (47.1%)
no
9 (52.9%)
not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Would u pay $5/month to download as much music as you like from anywhere u like?  (Read 600 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Since u still haven't read the article before commenting on shit u don't know, i've copied the appropiate section
How do we ensure accurate division of the money?

Transparency will be critical—the collecting society must hold its books open for artists, copyright holders, and the public to examine. The entity should be a nonprofit, and should strive to keep its administrative costs to a minimum. There are examples of similar collecting societies in the music industry, such as ASCAP and SoundExchange. We should learn from, and improve upon, their example. Giving artists a bigger voice should help ensure that their concerns with the current collecting societies are addressed.

When it comes to actually figuring out relative popularity, we need to balance the desire for perfect "census-like" accuracy with the need to preserve privacy. A system based on sampling strikes a good balance between these goals. On the one hand, in a public P2P network, it is relatively easy to find out what people are sharing. Big Champagne already does this, compiling a "Top 10" for the P2P networks. This kind of monitoring does not compromise user privacy, since this monitoring does not tie songs shared to individually identifiable information. At the same time, this general network monitoring can be complemented by closer monitoring of volunteers who will serve as the "Nielsen families" of P2P.

By combining these two methods, it should be possible to attain a high degree of accuracy, protect privacy, and prevent "cheating."

There could be other ways developed too, if something like this came into law it would encourage innovation and more accurate ways of monitoring all the different sources

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
You must be a horrible fuck, i'll ask your girlfriend. 
ask any of girls i've fucked i've never had anyone say it wasn't good. so go feltch ur sister isn't that what u mormons do
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 06:29:34 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Fonky Fresh

^^ $5 is'nt really fair... but it's better than the artists/record label getting nothing at all... a realistic cost would be like 30$ p/m with like a 500mb limit...

are u kidding me 30€/m lol u thought we were in the 90's man ; its 2k6 now the prices fell off

5€/m it's fair enough to me that sounds like a good idea but if u look deeper they tax u @ the source...
id rather keep the today's system aka :cds/dvd taxes

I mean i dont like the idea to pay a bill at all.

Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !