Author Topic: WHAT IN THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!  (Read 872 times)

Eihtball

Re: WHAT IN THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 12:59:32 PM »
It's still just hilarious to me that one of the most ig'nant groups to make it big has been nominated for an Oscar.  I like Three-6's beats and all, but their lyrics...ugh, mayne.  But then again, "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" was a pretty good joint, so I guess I can't fault that.  But still, somebody needs to tell these MPAA dudes about other groups that have created other great songs for movie OSTs this year (and I'm sure we can all name some).

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »
^naw he performed at the 'Grammy's' with the roots 3 years ago

He did that but he was going to perform with them at the Academy Awards too.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 03:49:18 PM »
^naw he performed at the 'Grammy's' with the roots 3 years ago

He did that but he was going to perform with them at the Academy Awards too.

oh, ok, didn't know about that. I just always heard that he didn't plan on going and just slept in that day.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 05:26:11 PM »
It's still just hilarious to me that one of the most ig'nant groups to make it big has been nominated for an Oscar.  I like Three-6's beats and all, but their lyrics...ugh, mayne.  But then again, "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" was a pretty good joint, so I guess I can't fault that.  But still, somebody needs to tell these MPAA dudes about other groups that have created other great songs for movie OSTs this year (and I'm sure we can all name some).

The songs have to be IN the movie, they have to have SOME MEANING to the movie. Putting an old ass song on a movie OST just for the hell of it wont get nominated lol.

Oh Terrance Howard is the shit! I hope he wins...here's the story for those who dont know

*Black folks will be spared the Oscar night discomfort of having to watch the lone African American best actor nominee sing about the challenges of being a pimp.     

Speaking to reporters at the annual Oscar nominees luncheon in Beverly Hills Monday (Feb. 13), Howard said he will not perform best song nominee “It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp,” which he sings in the film “Hustle & Flow.”       

"We don't have time in the schedule to work all that stuff out," says Howard, who received a nomination for his role as a pimp yearning for a rap career. "It took me seven months to find DJay and find that voice. I don't think I could give it the full service that I gave it in the film."       

Instead, Howard believes the writers of the ditty – Three 6 Mafia’s Jordan "Juicy J" Houston, Cedric "Crunchy Black" Coleman and Paul "DJ Paul" Beauregard – will perform the song at the March 5th event.     

"They're the ones that wrote it and they're the ones that are nominated for that song," says Howard. "It would be different if it were just plain old me."       

Howard, 36, says he’s looking forward to seeing how the expletive-filled song is received in LA’s Kodak Theater.       

"I'm ready to see the entire roomful of people in there singing 'It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp,'" Howard says, adding, "If they know the words, then we really got a problem."

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 05:28:35 PM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 07:54:56 PM »
[size=44PT]THEY WON AN OSCAR[/size]

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 02:00:36 AM »
[size=44PT]THEY WON AN OSCAR[/size]

chea still cant belive it damnnn  :banana:

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 11:22:37 AM »
Cant believe they won!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 08:28:24 PM »
hhaa...i was expecting like kayne west or john legend..but 3-6 mafia? ahha...how did that happen?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 08:30:19 PM »
are yall serious?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

nastyy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »
did anyone recorded that shit...wanna ceeee

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 09:23:45 PM »
That is actually pretty funny.  My whole take on the thing is I have no problem with the 3 6 mafia.  I think they consistantly make music that's pretty entertaining from a 'these fuckers are hilarious' standpoint.  "Still Fly" was fucking awesome.

As for them winning an oscar, lemme tell you about the oscars.  The hollywood elite are all in fucking la-la land.  The oscars are voted on by industry types who get to vote for their favorites, so this year the only thing they nominated was a bunch of bullshit artsy fartsy movies, half of them with homosexual lead characters.  They wrote a movie about two cowboys fucking.  Think about that for a minute.

So the Oscars are pointless.  It's just a big circle jerk where they give their friends awards.  Who gives a fuck?  We didn't even go see the movies.  Nobody did.  None of them nominated for best picture even came close to 100 million in sales.  All the blockbusters that America liked, weren't nominated for shit.  King Kong, Harry Potter, Narnia, etc. movies that all of America was interested in and turned out to see didn't win a fucking thing, because hollywood snubs their nose at shit like that... but they don't mind making money off of us.

So I say fuckin yeah 3 6 mafia should have won.  They only reason they did, mind you, was becuase the academy are all progressive liberals who, to prove they are not racist and are connected with the inner city (HAHAHAH AHAHAHAH HAAHAHAHAH HAHAAHAH I"M DYING) couldn't help but give the n*ggers an award.  I hope you get what that last sentence meant.

I will temper this rant with 1 thing.  Reese Witherspoon was the best actress last year, and nobody was even on her level.  She brought the love story of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash to life perfectly, and it was such a great performance, I was happy for her when she won.