Author Topic: Albums You Didn't Like When They Dropped, But Changed Your Mind Years Later  (Read 1160 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Erykah Badu- "Baduism"

I remember the video she had for "On And On" was a buzzclip on MTV (1997) and they used to play it over and over, it drove me crazy.  I couldn't understand what all the buzz was about Erykah Badu.  I totally didn't get it.  The song sounded so boring, I couldn't even understand why it was a single.  The song was so slow, and she sounded like she was going to fall asleep singing it; I hated her voice.  Then she came out with other singles after that, and I was even less impressed with those songs. 

Now, recently I gave it another chance, and I love that album.  I understand what she is talking about in her music, and I can see the depth of her insight into relationships ("Next Lifetime"), world polotics ("Drama") and knowledge of self ("On and On").  But in 1997 it sounded totally foriegn to me.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kanye West - Late Registration
50 Cent  - Massacre
Common - Be
Re & Meth - Blackout

mauzip

Xzibit - At The Speed Of Life

'EclipZe

50 Cent - The Massacre
Redman - Malpractise

PLANT

Outkast - Aquemini

Eihtball

Pretty much any of the major East Coast albums released in the mid-90s'..."Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "The Infamous", "Reasonable Doubt", etc.  Back then, I pretty much refused to listen to anything from outside of Cali, the only exceptions being Bone Thugs and the Geto Boys.  I took the East-West beef a little too seriously.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Pretty much any of the major East Coast albums released in the mid-90s'..."Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "The Infamous", "Reasonable Doubt", etc.  Back then, I pretty much refused to listen to anything from outside of Cali, the only exceptions being Bone Thugs and the Geto Boys.  I took the East-West beef a little too seriously.

^^^I Co-sign!
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Bigg $amo

exact same shit for me

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Firm

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
D'Angelo - Brown Sugar

westkoastanostra

lloyd banks - hunger for more.....i got it the 1st day thinking banks was gonna drop some heat like in "beg for mercy" but was dissapointed w/ a more laid back flow and tracks but eventually it grew on to me...

Okka

DMX - Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood

The first time i heard the album, i didn't like it so i sold my copy away for 3 euros  ;D But now i've been bumpin "Slippin" (Might be the best DMX song) alot and other tracks too...

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Altho Ludas sick, I wasnt feelin Red Light District wen it came out, but its grown on me.
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

SiKEx310

• Lil Geezy
TERRORIST THREATS.....
i dint like it at first thought bow down was better.,.,but there new shit is gangsta

KURUPTION-81

Illmatic - basically i was just getting into hip hop when i bought it and because of that it wernt what i was expecting to hear.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson