Author Topic: Albums You Didn't Like When They Dropped, But Changed Your Mind Years Later  (Read 1161 times)

Don Seer

D'Angelo - Brown Sugar

loved it from the outset then went off it..

felt "common - be" from the gate.. and anything by badu

took me a while to 'get' illmatic and longer to get ready to die.. i still think reasonable doubt is trash

back when they came out i thought 36 chambers wwas the shit.. and now i dont like it apart form 1 or 2 tracks.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pretty much any of the major East Coast albums released in the mid-90s'..."Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "The Infamous", "Reasonable Doubt", etc.  Back then, I pretty much refused to listen to anything from outside of Cali, the only exceptions being Bone Thugs and the Geto Boys.  I took the East-West beef a little too seriously.
^hahahahaaaaa...same here.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
when UGK came out with super tight in 93 I wasnt really feelin em....by by1998 I was addicted to everything they did...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Pretty much any of the major East Coast albums released in the mid-90s'..."Illmatic", "Ready to Die", "The Infamous", "Reasonable Doubt", etc.  Back then, I pretty much refused to listen to anything from outside of Cali, the only exceptions being Bone Thugs and the Geto Boys.  I took the East-West beef a little too seriously.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
c-murder- the truest shit i ever said
obie trice- cheers

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
213 album

~ Westcoast News Network ~

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
Tha Liks - Coast II Coast
My Future Wife:

Leggy Hendrix

anything by Das Efx...i used to hate the whole 'higgedy-iggedy' thing, but now its dope to me...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Fressh_Deini

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • G-Funk
Same shit over here. Never listened to Biggie before 2000/2001. Than I heard "Juicy (Dj Premier remix)" and decided that I was stupid and just should check out more of his music. And guess what. I LOVE IT. Same goes for Mobb Deep.

Eihtball

anything by Das Efx...i used to hate the whole 'higgedy-iggedy' thing, but now its dope to me...

Hahaha...I used to bump the hell outta "Dead Serious".  Once "The Chronic" came out, tho, it was G-Funk all day, every day for me.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!

yeah exactully..I started listening to EastCoast Rap in 2004 after my friend gave me 36 chambers and i was hooked...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn surprised to see Brown Sugar and Baduizm on these lists. Those are 2 of my all time favorites.
For me it was Ready To Die. I used to hate Biggie when he first came out, then my boy got a copy of it around 1999 and Its been one of my favorites ever since.
Another one which might surprise yall is E-40 - In a Major Way. I dont have any idea at all whatsoever how I could have heard this when it came out and not like it. I think 40 might have just been too ahead of his time for me back then. I now consider him to be the best rapper alive. Funny how shit changes.
Twista - Adrenaline Rush. I always liked his rappin, I just didnt like the songs on that album as a whole, but my boys was always slappin it, and when I hear it now it reminds me of those days and puts me in a good mood.
DJ Quik - Safe & Sound. What can I say, I just didnt know how to listen to music back then. definitely a classic.
Suga Free - Street Gospel. My guess is I just brushed him off as an E-40 sound alike. Then I listened a couple years after it came out and the game he was givin up and his style of rappin was like no other. He is also now one of my favorites.
Black Moon - Diggin In Dah Vaults. How many times can I say I just didnt know how to listen to music?

GangstaBoogy

"Illmatic" and "Stillmatic"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
digable planets - reachin. way ahead of their time

$do11a biLL$

Anything from alot of backpackers like Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Non Phixion, Sage Francis, RJD2, Buck 65 etc. I used to hate it a couple of years back but now i can't get enough of it.