Author Topic: Jimmy Henchman Interview - Speaks on Game  (Read 271 times)

prince

Jimmy Henchman Interview - Speaks on Game
« on: March 06, 2006, 02:07:53 PM »
AllHipHop.com: So moving on, what’s good on The Game’s album?

Jimmy Henchmen: We’re trying to slate for June 6, 06, 2006 [or 6/6/06] Because the name of the album is Doctor’s Advocate, not The Devil’s Advocate. We’re looking to destroy all haters and non-believers. So that’s why 666, 06/06/06 is an opportune date for the “Doctor’s Advocate.” You know so we’re hoping for that and we’re hoping to complete a Brandy’s album we’re working on right now. We’re also looking at a Smitty record on J Records.

AllHipHop.com: Did you ever have any issues with Interscope? At one point, there were rumors that 50 commanded them not to mess with The Game anymore…

Jimmy Henchmen: The rumors were all from 50. Those wasn’t real rumors, you know? My conversations with the head of Interscope always was "How could we drop a guy who sold four million records?" Come on, [Game] generated $40 million dollars for us, says drop him and give him to somebody else because of 50, come on? It was almost like everybody was saying, Jay-Z was gonna diss Game at his [“I Declare War”] concert, and [meanwhile], I’m having conversation with Jay-Z and he’s like, “Man, what? I ain’t doing that s**t, man, f**k,” you know what I mean? People put those rumors out there. It was never no real rumors. But I believe that you know 50 and his crew put those rumors out there to try to weaken Game, and in fact, it only has made this kid’s album the most anticipated.

AllHipHop.com: From your point of view the whole thing with Game and his brother, Big Fase 100…do you have any thoughts on that or insight on that situation?

Jimmy Henchmen: My prayers are with both of them on that one, because I don’t know how to deal with stuff like that. You know I attribute it to the Cain and Abel man, - one brother against the other. I think a lot of it has to do with jealousy. I just pray that it works itself out and I don’t know why every time, you know there’s a problem people feel that they need to air it out through me. Like to me that’s, I don’t know how much points you really get off of that.

http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1343
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 02:20:52 PM by prince »

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jimmy Henchman Interview - Speaks on Game
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 02:22:04 PM »
i like the way jimmy henchman knows 50 is a better lyracist than game but doesnt exactly say it

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 02:46:49 PM »
no way 50s a better lyricist then game in the current day

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 03:27:47 PM »
your wrong, everyone on this board knows it, and deep down inside urself, so do u

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 03:48:54 PM »
I think recently, Game is a way better lyricist. Thanks to all those mistapes. He was able to step up his game and improve his flow. Not to take anything away from 50, cuz I know he has it in him, I just haven't been seeing it lately.

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »
i like the way jimmy henchman knows 50 is a better lyracist than game but doesnt exactly say it

cuz, you're a fool!!  50's not a real lyricist, he's more like a Nelly type rapper, just an entertainer but succ's at entertaining!  That's not hatin, just the facts..

cobra

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 03:52:48 PM »
henchman also confirms that dr.dre hasn't touched games lp yet.
its getting late.
theres april & may left but.....mixing, mastering, press....first single...video...when is dre getting down wit it?

prince

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 04:36:24 PM »

50 a better lyricist then game?? lol

game has really stepped up on his mixtapes and his flow / lyrics have been on point! Game really exposed G-Unot and 300 bars, 240 bars, 120 bars and 360 bars were all dope tracks with great lyrics.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 06:26:49 PM »
50 is a good writer, because he knows how to write hit songs that gets stuck in peoples heads. but theres no way in hell you can say he's lyrically better than game
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 06:53:20 PM »
good read

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »

The 2002 era 50 Cent is better than Game, but right now Game kills 50.