Author Topic: Army probes whether Tillman death was homicide  (Read 1097 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Army probes whether Tillman death was homicide
« on: March 05, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The     Pentagon has directed the U.S. Army to launch a criminal investigation into whether the friendly fire death of Army Ranger and former professional football star Pat Tillman in     Afghanistan in 2004 was a homicide, the Army said on Saturday.

An Army official said the Army Criminal Investigation Command would seek to determine whether one of the handful of fellow soldiers involved in the incident committed negligent homicide or some other crime in Tillman's death.

The official said he "wouldn't want to speculate" as to whether the investigation was focusing on the actions of a particular soldier.

The Army, despite knowing almost immediately Tillman was shot by fellow soldiers, initially stated publicly that his death in a remote canyon near the Pakistani border on April 22, 2004, was the result of enemy fire.

Weeks later, after Tillman's nationally televised funeral, the Army acknowledged he had been the victim of friendly fire in a wild spree of gunfire amid much confusion among U.S. soldiers at the scene, and later admitted that soldiers had destroyed evidence.

The Army official, who asked not to be named because of the sensitivity of the investigation, said the Pentagon inspector general's office late on Friday gave initial notification to the Army Criminal Investigation Command to conduct "a criminal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Cpl. Pat Tillman."

Tillman is the best-known of any American service member killed in the wars in either Afghanistan or     Iraq. He walked away from his National Football League career and a $3.6 million contract to join the military along with his brother, a fellow Ranger, in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks. He was widely hailed as a hero and role model.

The criminal investigation is the latest in a series of official Army probes into his death.

PARENTS CRITICAL

Tillman's parents have sharply criticized the Army's actions following the death of their 27-year-old son. They have accused Army officials of lying and sought a more rigorous investigation in the case.

The Army official said there was no timetable for completing the probe, and said that potential charges like negligent homicide "are the sorts of things that will be looked into." Asked if any specific person was under investigation on suspicion of wrongdoing, the official said, "No one person."

An Army investigative report last year stated that the day after his death, U.S. military personnel burned Tillman's bloody body armor and uniform, which the chief investigator called the destruction of evidence. Army officers also told soldiers knowledgeable about the incident to keep quiet for fear the news media would learn the true nature of his death, the report found.

His father, Pat Tillman Sr., last year assailed as "shams" and a cover-up the Army's investigations into his son's death. His mother, Mary Tillman, said it was "disgusting" the Army lied about it.

Army spokesman Paul Boyce said, "The U.S. Army has conducted repeated investigations into the death of Cpl. Patrick Tillman and we will continue to do so to thoroughly look into the circumstances."

An investigative report by Brig. Gen. Gary Jones of the Army Special Operations Command last year described confusion among U.S. soldiers during the incident, and said fellow Rangers failed to identify at whom they were firing when they shot toward Tillman. It said Tillman waved his arms and threw a smoke grenade to try in vain to show he was not the enemy.

The U.S. soldiers who shot at Tillman, the report found, described poor light as the sun set, and said they targeted the same place as their team leader, assuming he was shooting at the enemy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060305/us_nm/afghan_usa_tillman_dc_6;_ylt=Aq2FaGoNhoKODMjnHWBq2rxsbEwB;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Army probes whether Tillman death was homicide
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »
Apparently Im not the only one who thought this dumb fuck deserved to die. One of his GI Joe homies thought the same.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 03:51:44 PM »
^^haha stressed out afghani muthafucka hatin as usual. u wouldnt be shit in our country

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 05:02:35 PM »
You should be more appreciative to the people that brought democracy and freedom to your country.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 05:11:37 PM »

Fallujah Techs self appraisal I believe.....

no idea
no idea
you have
no idea

what you talkin
what you talkin bout

no idea

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 05:31:37 PM »

Fallujah Techs self appraisal I believe.....

no idea
no idea
you have
no idea

what you talkin
what you talkin bout

no idea

You are right. 90% of his posts are nonsense just like that.

Eihtball

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 05:40:17 PM »
Apparently Im not the only one who thought this dumb fuck deserved to die. One of his GI Joe homies thought the same.

OK, now I see why Real American is pissed off at you.  What kinda asshole are you?  How about if I cheer the next time one of you faggots gets bombed and the news reports it?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 06:10:26 PM »

OK, now I see why Real American is pissed off at you.  What kinda asshole are you?  How about if I cheer the next time one of you faggots gets bombed and the news reports it?

There is nothing to get upset about. Tech is just a shock value poster. No one takes him seriously.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 07:38:51 AM »

There is nothing to get upset about. Tech is just a shock value poster. No one takes him seriously.

I take Tech seriously and most people do.  Tech is a legend at this forum.  He has too much personality and charisma to be boring.  He drops knowledge but at the same time mixes it up every now and then with humor.  Either way, he gets his point across, and he knows what he's talking about. 

Real American, believe it or not, I do give you props for being one of the few posters that sticks to debating the topic at hand, without reducing yourself childish personal attacks; but most of the posters aren't like that. 

Tech, every once in a while dips down to their level and speaks in language they can understand, but even then he comes off much cleaner because he has more style then they do.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 11:48:45 AM »

Im one of those cynical assholes but still rather charasmatic, so really its hard to hate me. A Lovable asshole? Is that a paradox?

Lol

There is an entire industry and culture in the United States that prides itself on military successes which basically means thousands of Muslims eating shit and being dismissed as an after thought. The nerve of  fuckin americans to be upset now.

*Pisses on this Tillman chumps grave*

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 11:50:46 AM »
^^haha stressed out afghani muthafucka hatin as usual. u wouldnt be shit in our country

Ooooh Im the most diabolical hatterrr north of the great lakes

I hate you , I hate your family, I dont even know your girlfriend but I hate her too

Now if you excuse me, I have to go home and change the water in J Bananas momma bowl

*takes toothpick out of mouth*

*pauses*

*puts toothpick back in mouth*

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 11:51:45 AM »

I take Tech seriously and most people do.  Tech is a legend at this forum.  He has too much personality and charisma to be boring.  He drops knowledge but at the same time mixes it up every now and then with humor.  Either way, he gets his point across, and he knows what he's talking about. 

Real American, believe it or not, I do give you props for being one of the few posters that sticks to debating the topic at hand, without reducing yourself childish personal attacks; but most of the posters aren't like that. 

Tech, every once in a while dips down to their level and speaks in language they can understand, but even then he comes off much cleaner because he has more style then they do.

This man never lies.

- Lewis Carroll

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Steve Watson / Prisonplanet | March 6 2006

Related: Pat Tilman hoax data page

The Army said Saturday that it would launch a criminal probe into the death of Pat Tillman, the onetime National Football League star who was killed by gunfire from fellow soldiers in the mountains of Afghanistan in April 2004.

The decision has been reached further to a review of the case by the Pentagon's inspector general,Gen. Gary M. Jones, recommended further investigation into whether soldiers in Tillman's unit should be charged with negligent homicide.

Tillman's family has been critical of Jones' review, alleging a high-level coverup, and Tillman's father successfully lobbied the Pentagon to renew its investigation of the case.

The truth is that a real criminal investigation will never be conducted because it would reveal once again that the criminals behind Tillman's death and the hideous propaganda circus that followed are our Neo-Con rulers.

Tillman's death may have been purposefully manufactured to be used as a propaganda tool for the Bush war on terror.

After his death it was announced that Tillman, the All American poster boy, the former sporting hero who had traded in his football boots for army boots after witnessing the 9/11 attacks, had been tragically gunned down by evil Taliban terrorists whilst he was fighting them off with his bare hands or some such nonsense.

A nationally televised memorial service and a Silver Star commendation cemented Tillman's place as the nation's first war hero since the story of Jessica Lynch's capture and phony details of her rescue were foisted on the public in 2003.

The truth was that Tillman's death was being exploited for public relations purposes by the U.S. military and the administration.

Weeks later, the Army acknowledged that Tillman had been a victim of friendly fire whilst on a routine patrol. It was also admitted that soldiers destroyed evidence — Tillman's uniform and flak vest — after the shooting, claiming that they were a "biohazard".

Jones' report found that Army officers told soldiers to remain quiet about the circumstances of Tillman's death for fear of negative news coverage.

Tillman's parents have long been highly critical of the war on terror and the NeoCons.

"They blew up their poster boy," Tillman's father, Patrick, a San Jose lawyer, told the Washington Post last year. High-ranking Army officials, he said, told "outright lies."

"After it happened, all the people in positions of authority went out of their way to script this," Tillman said. "They purposely interfered with the investigation …. I think they thought they could control it, and they realized that their recruiting efforts were going to go to hell in a handbasket if the truth about his death got out."

So where is the criminal investigation into the fabrication of events use of Tilman's death by the White House and the Pentagon as war propaganda?

No one has been charged, no one has been fired, no one has even said "sorry".
INFOWARS: BECAUSE THERE'S A WAR ON FOR YOUR MIND

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Son youre late...theres already a thread on this. Quit making B movie versions of Tech blockbusters.

- Lewis Carroll

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

This is asking a much broader question than what your post covered though, thus they are completely seperate posts.