Author Topic: Team USA roster for basketball, where's AI?  (Read 662 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Team USA roster for basketball, where's AI?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »
We will see fucker. Good luck with a team whose best 3pt shooter is Kobe. Them international competitions is all about shooting, fuck a zone penetration. Don't you ever disrespect me again.

LMAO@your comment. Redd isn't THAT great of a shooter. And man, Kobe's 3-point shooting is probably just as good, if not better than Redd's...Their percentage is almost the same and Kobe shoots way more wild 3's, falling away at the buzzer, from 30+ feet out, etc...Kobe has RANGE, more so than any player to ever play this game. He can shoot the ball from half court like it's a normal jumper...Have you seen how far he stretches the defehse with his 30+ foot shots? Even if Michael Redd did make the team, he wouldn't be getting that many minutes...Saying the US lost their chances because Redd declined is straight ridiclous...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »
Kobe's 3s are decent+ but that's not cause he's what youd call a particulary good 3pt shooter like that one-dimensional Kyle Korver ass, but cause he can do everything. If he has a day on which he blows from the 3pt line, he just penetrates and gets send to the line and dunks on ppl. So the nights in which he doesnt feel like lighting it up from behind won't make him having off-games, like in Korver's, Redd's, Allen's cases. He's not a great 3pt shooter, he just can do everything, that's about it.

The international shit is different than the NBA and that is why the team although it had the by far better athletes got owned by Puerto Rico and Javi from Lithuania looked like the best PG in the world (lol).

You can't just pull off an Iverson and do lay-up after lay-up while running through the enemy zone like it's a walk in the park. There simply ain't enough space for a start.

I also see a lot more 3pters made in the olympics than I see in the NBA, unless it's a game between two 3pt-crazy teams, like Dallas vs. Phoenix, those match-ups can have a lot of them, but then again you don't really have those players with you on the trip to europe. All you have are either players who are useless when it comes to 3pt shooting (Brand, D.Howard, Wade, Stoudemire) or who can do it, but just cause they are good (Kobe, LeBron, Pierce, Marion) and not cause that part is really something they stand out at. Maybe Billups can make the difference tho, I kinda forgot about his ass earlier today.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 11:44:23 AM by 7 »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2006, 12:23:24 PM »
I wouldn't go as far as 7 comments , and say that USA won't have any chance of winning it but his thoughts about international B-Ball are right. You need at least one pure 3 shooter on your team . Of course Kobe can shoot the 3 and have the most impressive range but you have to have others consistent outside players. D. Wade as good as he's in the NBA is useless . I know I'm gonna have lots of hate but I would take Pierce over Bron, based on this aspect too (though his all around game is useful). Defense and hit these 3 or long 2 are keys to the US team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2006, 03:13:49 PM »
Kobe's 3's are overlooked, he can be a pure shooter when he wants, but he is just so versatile that his overall game is what people base him on, not his shooting...Redd would be nice, but not a difference maker...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2006, 05:13:35 PM »
We will see fucker. Good luck with a team whose best 3pt shooter is Kobe. Them international competitions is all about shooting, fuck a zone penetration. Don't you ever disrespect me again.

Once again, c'mon! Redd ain't even the best 3pts shooter of his own team, since M.Williams (39.8%) and B.Simmons (39.9%) are shooting better than his 38.6%. And, analyzing the list of 22 players presented by ESPN, also S.Battier (40.3%), C.Billups (42.8%), B.Bowen (45.6%), J.Howard (41.2%), A.Jamison (42.5%), R.Lewis (38.6%) have better 3pts % than Redd. Those players can easly shoot pretty well from 3pts. So to say that Redd is the MVP of the USA team, yes, that's pretty moronic. And i didn't disrespect you, moron. But your dumb statement. So don't act gangsta-style with me, kid.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2006, 05:37:19 PM »
I don't act gangsta-style, it's just that I always show respect when Im talkin to you and that's the motherfucking thanks I get? I didnt even diss the Lakers LOL. You had no reason to disrespect.
I exaggerated, obviously. About the percentages.. well. If Shaq shoots once from beyong the arc, makes it, he's the best in the league? No. It's also a matter of how many you can take. Billups I agree, he gon be a valuable dude for the team, no doubt. Let's not have a big argument about that shit now, cause we both arent fans of Milwaukee, Redd or Team USA. LOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2006, 05:40:16 PM »
I don't act gangsta-style, it's just that I always show respect when Im talkin to you and that's the motherfucking thanks I get? I didnt even diss the Lakers LOL. You had no reason to disrespect.

Ok, fine. I apologize.

I exaggerated, obviously. About the percentages.. well. If Shaq shoots once from beyong the arc, makes it, he's the best in the league? No. It's also a matter of how many you can take. Billups I agree, he gon be a valuable dude for the team, no doubt. Let's not have a big argument about that shit now, cause we both arent fans of Milwaukee, Redd or Team USA. LOL

Yeah, actually i hope them to select the worse team possible too.

acbaylove

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2006, 06:04:20 PM »

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 09:50:21 AM »
the abscense of redd is an obvious hit to the team as one of the areas of improvement they needed to make in interantional competition was more improved shooting and thats what redd brought to the table. personally i would say redd is more of a pure shooter than bryant but bryant is obviously a better all around basketball player. hopefully jj reddick can shoot the 3 well cuz thats the only reason they  picked him to be on the team as he doesnt bring anything else to the game.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2006, 10:22:53 AM »
Well, Redd's back, though it wont make much of a difference...Kobe is penciled in as the leader of this USA team...Should be interesting.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2006, 04:26:19 PM »
I can tell you right now that Luke Ridnour won't last on there same with Shane Battier which is an outrageous selection.