Author Topic: Most Street Credible West Coast Artist  (Read 1195 times)

Eihtball

Re: Most Street Credible West Coast Artist
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 07:18:23 PM »
real gangstaz

1. MC EIHT
2. SPICE 1
3. C-BO
4. WC
5. KAM
6. JAYO FELONY

WC is NOT a Crip...he admitted that to Alex Alonso in a StreetGangs magazine interview.  And I'm really skeptical Spice-1 was ever a gangbanger, given that he's originally from Texas.  Jayo Felony is the only rapper on that list who's ever struck me as being a former banger, and even so, those San Dago cats ain't doing nothing but copying the L.A. gangs, anyway.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 07:22:14 PM »
^you do not need to be a gangbanger to have street cred

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »
^you do not need to be a gangbanger to have street cred

Don't mean they're gangstas, tho.  That seems to be what most people think.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »
I think the only sure fire bet is Tray deee.

WC never banged. Kam mightve but it doesnt matter cuz hes on some peace tip. Spice 1 i heard is fake as hell. MC Eiht is too old to even be considered. Even if he did bang, it was a long time ago and he stopped that shit
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Eihtball

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 07:35:02 PM »
MC Eiht is too old to even be considered. Even if he did bang, it was a long time ago and he stopped that shit

Eiht claims Tragniew Park, but I remember some of the trues on here were hating on them, saying they were a tiny little bullshit-ass gang.

Like you said, Tray Deee is probably the only obvious one...Goldie Loc, too, since the whole Eastsidaz project was put together by Snoop to end the rivalry between the Insanes and the 20s' in Long Beach.  Then there's the Boo-Yaa TRIBE, I know those Samoan cats repped the Westside Carson Pirus.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 07:38:30 PM by Eihtball »

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 08:29:42 PM »
MC Eiht is too old to even be considered. Even if he did bang, it was a long time ago and he stopped that shit

Then there's the Boo-Yaa TRIBE, I know those Samoan cats repped the Westside Carson Pirus.
yup, one of those heads did time for murder
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

J Bananas

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 08:39:42 PM »
shit I hope E40 would have alot of street cred seeing as he invented half tha slang rappers use

youngmessnucca

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 08:49:51 PM »
^^^^ya, not too many rappers have gone at 40, i dunno if he was really thuggin, cuz hes been rappin since he was young. I'd have to go with Tray Deee & C-Bo, mostly because of all the years behind bars ( not to say that that is a good thing necissarily though )

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 09:51:16 PM »
Why do people pretend they know how "gangsta" rappers are??......Unless you knew them before they sold big records then u dont know shit, all just word of mouth....n honestly who gives a fuck?.....Id take a classic album from sum1 wit no street cred and never shot a gun in his life (say a talib Kweli or a Mos Def) than a shit album from someone whos "gangsta"......

But anyhoo just 2 contradict myself il take part in this ridicolous thread....I gotta say Snoop Dogg. He done time, caught murder cases gang banged (apparently) and still gets love and most importantly makes good music for the masses unlike a Mc Eiht or a Spice1.....

The Maestro

westside159

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 10:24:24 PM »
I think the only sure fire bet is Tray deee.

WC never banged. Kam mightve but it doesnt matter cuz hes on some peace tip. Spice 1 i heard is fake as hell. MC Eiht is too old to even be considered. Even if he did bang, it was a long time ago and he stopped that shit

You sound hella stupid on here how can Eiht be told to be considered and the nigga was born & raised in the shit and got put on the hood when he was 16 to tragniew park crip's on the westside of compton and still is affiliated to this day with them and lives in compton he is a O.G . and spice 1 is a fool you wouldnt want to call him a studio gangsta to his face and you know it listen to the nigga'z records homboy , and W.C is probally the realest nigga in the rap game how can you say W.C NEVER BANGED are you kiddin me he is a 111th street neighborhood crip from south central go watch his dvd c-walk and all that glitter aint !!!!!!!!!!

manic909

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 11:39:55 PM »
spider loc
tray dee
mitchy slick and anybody from wrongkind
jayo felony
goldie loc
the relativez
c-bo
lil cs
criccet
keita rock
boo yaa tribe
snoop, back in the day when he first came out!

niggaz that can be vouched for in the street by other credible niggaz!

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 01:36:14 AM »
keita rock(dude is a legend in the streets)  btw...does anybody have the pic with Suge from a 2004 Source awards party??
Tray Dee
spider loc
c-bo
cj mac
dresta
the relatives
boo ya tribe
c-style
goldie loc

Okka

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 02:54:06 AM »
Tray Deee
Swoop G
Lil C Style

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 03:04:45 AM »
who gives a rats ass

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 06:55:59 AM »
those San Dago cats ain't doing nothing but copying the L.A. gangs, anyway.

u made sense till that stupidass comment.

Jayo has some street credibility just cus he really did used to bang unlike a lot of gangsta rappers our there and e'rybody down here knows what set he's from n whatnot. But in Dago that muthafucka doesnt get a lot of support really. Mitchy has far more street credibility in the town then Jayo does. At least Lincoln for the most part got Mitch's back. Jayo cant say the same for Neighborhood. Shit, look at that Strong Arm Steady DVD. All the resta them doods was on some rap shit. But whats the first thing anybody say about Mitchy on his bio..."That nigga Mitchy's a killa"~Krondon.

My picks

C-Bo
Mitchy Slick
Luni Coleone
Tray Dee
Mausberg

theres more then that, just the first ones that come to mind