Author Topic: Honestly, how many of you are feeling the "Hyphy-sound"?  (Read 934 times)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Honestly, how many of you are feeling the "Hyphy-sound"?
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2006, 10:59:53 PM »
if its music coming out from the westcoast then its fucking westcoast music.Im loving this shit and i hope the West can shine again thru this new music. 8)

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2006, 11:06:31 PM »
^^^I aint got the time to tell you why everything you just said is completely wrong.

everything i said was right. Hyphy music is not westcoast. everything coming outta the Bay Area today doesn't even sound westcoast.

EVERYTHING COMIN OUTTA THE BAY DOESNT SOUND WESTCOAST? I think everyone is forgettin about Yuk he may go hyphy on some shit but that nigga as lyrical as anybody from the bay, L.A. east south period. and YUK SOUNDS WEST COAST AND HAS BEEN HELPING HOLD DOWN THE WEST COAST FOR YEARS! So dont tell me NOTHING Outta of the bay sounds west coast. How about Spice 1 or Celly Cell (not as popular anymore) but still doin good things and puttin out good music and they sounds az west coast as they ever have.

About the Hyphy shit, i wasnt really feelin it at first but i got some niggaz from the bay that got my listenin to it and now i am feelin, although i do prefer listening to it at a club\party rather then in my car or house, but it is way more lyrical then the South shit, not all of it but most. Mac Dre got hyphy on his shit but he could spit bars, same with E-40 cant nobody deny his lyrical abilty compare him to say the ying Yang Twins or Something like that with that Crunk shit and the bay is way more lyrically the only crunk niggaz fuccin with the bay is Outkast and they on some other shit right now. The south is about to Fade and the Bay is gonna take over. I have a feeling.....

westkoastanostra

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2006, 11:15:41 PM »
addicted to beef is a jack ass....yall should know that by now...he the only fagget getting on here talkin shit about the bay like he knows it aint poppin off....but everytime dude talks this hyphy shit gets bigger....so lets keep putting these hyphy forums while his bitch ass cries and moans about the bay being trash   :laugh:....

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2006, 11:19:16 PM »
As I have said before, there are some Hyphy songs that sound straight from the south, and there are some with the south's influence to it. However...not only did Lil Jon get major influence from The Bay for his style, but everything Rick Rock has done is straight west coast, and you can tell because it evolved straight from his style in the 90s.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2006, 11:23:17 PM »
Adding to that...it's funny how we feel "West Coast music" should sound, and how we define it. If you wanna be technical and follow music.....the so-called "West Coast sound" that most of us are familiar with was HEAVILY influenced by 70s n 80s Midwest, South, and East Coast funk, and aside from Sly Stone, there weren't many west coast artists who contributed to that sound...it was Roger n Zapp (Ohio), George Clinton n Parliament (Jersey), Ohio Players (Ohio), Isley Bros (Ohio), James Brown (somewhere in the south I think), and the list goes on. So even our sound is not truly west coast as far as music is concerned, but only for what we have made it become in rap.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2006, 11:39:25 PM »
^^^I aint got the time to tell you why everything you just said is completely wrong.

everything i said was right. Hyphy music is not westcoast. everything coming outta the Bay Area today doesn't even sound westcoast.

EVERYTHING COMIN OUTTA THE BAY DOESNT SOUND WESTCOAST? I think everyone is forgettin about Yuk he may go hyphy on some shit but that nigga as lyrical as anybody from the bay, L.A. east south period. and YUK SOUNDS WEST COAST AND HAS BEEN HELPING HOLD DOWN THE WEST COAST FOR YEARS! So dont tell me NOTHING Outta of the bay sounds west coast. How about Spice 1 or Celly Cell (not as popular anymore) but still doin good things and puttin out good music and they sounds az west coast as they ever have.

About the Hyphy shit, i wasnt really feelin it at first but i got some niggaz from the bay that got my listenin to it and now i am feelin, although i do prefer listening to it at a club\party rather then in my car or house, but it is way more lyrical then the South shit, not all of it but most. Mac Dre got hyphy on his shit but he could spit bars, same with E-40 cant nobody deny his lyrical abilty compare him to say the ying Yang Twins or Something like that with that Crunk shit and the bay is way more lyrically the only crunk niggaz fuccin with the bay is Outkast and they on some other shit right now. The south is about to Fade and the Bay is gonna take over. I have a feeling.....

wow. this the 1st time ive ever agreed with you, and R-Tistic you are on point too. I just wanted to know ATB's definition of what west coast music should sound like, but i doubt ill get an intelligent response back lol

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2006, 11:47:50 PM »

wow. this the 1st time ive ever agreed with you, and R-Tistic you are on point too. I just wanted to know ATB's definition of what west coast music should sound like, but i doubt ill get an intelligent response back lol

Well there is a first time for everything huh? haha. And ATB is always sayin some stupid shit him and RIP2PAC the two dumbest mothafuccas on the fourms hands down. I know yall agree with that.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2006, 12:32:38 AM »
^^^couldnt agree more....

youngmessnucca

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2006, 01:34:40 PM »
fa sho...i think they might be the same person...although RegimeMob510 & Bay Area Jat are 18 dummy as well

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2006, 01:44:26 PM »
fa sho...i think they might be the same person...although RegimeMob510 & Bay Area Jat are 18 dummy as well

naw regimemob510 is not me i do know him though personally
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

marochick510

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »
Man of course I had 2 come thru and leave a comment you feel me cuz I IZ A BAY REPRESENTA YADADADAMEAN..SOUFSIDE RICHCITY ALLDAY!! man 4 those who is feelin his movement MUCH LOVE!!! man we been doin this shit 4 years now, they just tryinna market it now cuz they see it aint gone stop wit this bay shit on tha real..BAY MUSIC is STREET MUSIC!!! so 4 those dat's tired of the industry puttin out wack ass shit manye juss follow us cuz the realness is commin 4sho!! 2 all you haters you aint gotta like shit cuz we gone do what we do mayne peep this E-40 right chea learn about it!!

E-40-The Bay-
  (chours)
 I'M SORRY BABY I CAN'T CHANGE MY WAYS, CAUSE I GREW UP IN THE BAY,
 WHERE THE HUSTLER'S PLAY..ALLLL DAYYY

"I GREW UP IN THE BAY, CALIFORN.I.A,
  WHERE THE OAKLAND RAIDERS AND THE 49ERS PLAY,
  I HEAR EVERYBODY TALKIN BOUT WHERE THEY STAY,
  HOW COME I CAN'T TALK WHERE I STAY?
  THE YAY,
  WHERE WE POP OUR COLLA'S,JACK OUR SLACK'S,
  AND MAKE THEM DOLLA'S,
  WRITE THESE RAP'S, AND SPIT THIS GAME,
  AND SHOW THE WHOLE WORLD DAT WE AINT NO LAMES!!
  I CAN'T CHANGE MAH WAYS,
  I BEEN A HUSLTER 4 DAYS,
  THE WAY THAT I WALK AND I TALK,
  AIN'T A FADE OR A FAZE,
  A FLING OR FLUKE OR A JOKE,
  OR SOME OL' GIMMICK THAT'S STAGED,
  BUT ITS THE WAY I AM, I CAN'T CHANGE MAH WAYS.. 

« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 02:27:05 PM by marochick510 »

youngmessnucca

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2006, 02:17:52 PM »
learn about spelling

marochick510

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2006, 06:45:52 PM »
lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 06:48:11 PM by marochick510 »

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!