Author Topic: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated  (Read 3226 times)

Youngster323

Re: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2002, 12:50:35 PM »
West Coast- Bigg Snoop Dogg
East Coast - Nas
South Coast - Scarface
Midwest-?

Midwest- Lil Bow Wow!
one of the best lines ever "fish, which is my favorite dish" U gotta love that rhyme

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2002, 12:54:29 PM »
East Coast - Nas
South Coast - Scarface
Midwest-?

to every1 that thinks snoop is tha goat,  what has he done since 95-96 that is so special.  An even on tha east,  Pac gets loads of love to,  sure not as much as BIG,  but he gets as much props,  except from tha pac haters
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2002, 01:40:45 PM »
East Coast - Nas
South Coast - Scarface
Midwest-?

Yeah that's how it is NOW. Eminem is the MC the MidWest ride the most.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2002, 01:49:25 PM »
East Coast - Nas
South Coast - Scarface
Midwest-?

Holdin it down rite now commercially Nelly.

BUT tha best from midwest will alwayz be Bone Thugs n Harmony, Eminem and Tech n9ine

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

min0rity

« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2002, 02:37:06 PM »
it'S your opignio if u thought that every rapper , except for pac had fell off after the first ... look at dmx, just look at his sale, every album that he drop had begin at #1( yess you'll say that pac albums too, but not all, and if pac is so great , how the fuck can dmx be similar to pac , etc ), and people luv them , except for the haters,  snoop i won't even talk  ::), many rappers.. believe dat

yess tupac is a genius who can wrote a song in 10 minute, jay-z doin it ,em doin it, about every rapper can do that , and pac wasn't the greatest on freestyle, thats a fact
..... anyways

man you reallly need to get you head out of your ASS..if you think dmx is great for selling records then i guess nelly, eminem and  ja fool should be the GOAT since they sell the most records right????? ::) and don't ever compared that whack ass no talent who only barks and say "what!!!" on every track of the album to pac.....thats like comparing craig elho to michael jordan....

and NO youre so ignorant for saying that EVERY rapper can write their shit in 10 minutes??? for your imformation half of the rappers these days DON'T even write their shit so get your facts straight dogg....and yeah jay-z and emniem might write their shit in 10 minutes or whatever but look at their records and look at pac's records.....its self-explantory....and i know pac wasn't the best in freestyle......he was actually far from that department...so whats your point???? ::)

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2002, 02:48:10 PM »

man you reallly need to get you head out of your ASS..if you think dmx is great for selling records then i guess nelly, eminem and  ja fool should be the GOAT since they sell the most records right????? ::) and don't ever compared that whack ass no talent who only barks and say "what!!!" on every track of the album to pac.....thats like comparing craig elho to michael jordan....

and NO youre so ignorant for saying that EVERY rapper can write their shit in 10 minutes??? for your imformation half of the rappers these days DON'T even write their shit so get your facts straight dogg....and yeah jay-z and emniem might write their shit in 10 minutes or whatever but look at their records and look at pac's records.....its self-explantory....and i know pac wasn't the best in freestyle......he was actually far from that department...so whats your point???? ::)

word,  even kurupt an biggie said when it came to writing songs pac  was amazing,  kurupt said it took pac a day 2 write a 3 songs,  kurupt said about himself that pac would get pissed off tha kurupt could only do 3 songs a week at tha  most a week.  Biggie said one time pac went into tha bathroom to take a shit,  15 minetes later he came out wit a full song.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2002, 02:49:57 PM »

and NO youre so ignorant for saying that EVERY rapper can write their shit in 10 minutes??? for your imformation half of the rappers these days DON'T even write their shit so get your facts straight dogg....and yeah and look at pac's records.....its self-explantory....and i know pac wasn't the best in freestyle......he was actually far from that department...so whats your point???? ::)

::) anyways im'a just say some that u misunderstood, i said that dmx was selling good and people luv their album, did i talk about nelly or em, pleez and u said that most of theses cat right now doesn't even write their rhyme, who did them , u write them, doc write em,  and "jay-z and emniem might write their shit in 10 minutes or whatever but look at their records " sure, do you know that jay-z drop a classic recently??? so where's the difference, it's all about opignion , u luv pac and nas, but take some time to listen to thoses other cats, you'll see that they tight sometime, now you'll get it  all fuck up and gonna come with that "oh so u telling me that bow wow can drop a classic, i'm talkin bout them niggaz with experience, not them shyne alikes....anyways get it all twisted if u want i know what i'm sayin .
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2002, 11:38:20 PM »
Let me just put it like this. In the rest of the nation, 'Pac wasn't heard of until his death... what ever, that holds no weight to me. Here in the L.A./Southern California area, 'Pac was almost God before his death. Everyone threw up westside when 'Pac was alive, everyone pumped So Many Tears when Me Against The World came out, everyone cried to Dear Mama, and when All Eyez On Me came out, why do you think it sold 6 million before his death, even as a double disc, that's 3 million, plus the fact the double disc were 25 at the time so it was like buying 2 disc. People loved 'Pac before his death. Some of you are too young to remember, hell, maybe it was just a Cali thing, But I heard people say 'Pac was the greatest since Me Against the World, so I'm not tripping on this subject no more. I just say let the man rest in peace, and don't speak unkindly of the dead.

In the rest of the nation, were I'm at now, I don't care if 'Pac didn't play next to all that commercial shit they play on the radio until his death, he still was the GOAT in Cali.

And to all my Cali folks, were I'm from and live when I'm not in college, you know who the GOAT is. Fuck the rest of the nation and their no knowing opinions if they ain't going to leave there little shell. I done left mine and listen to Biggie, and Jigga, and Nas, and Rakim, and KRS-One, and many others that have any claim to GOAT, up to LL, Chuck D and Big Daddy Kane. I can say with everything I got 'Pac was the greatest. Some may have other views, but don't be closed minded, because you miss so much. Some one lock this thread.

Peace

I've said all I have to say but I just wanted to say that was real nice, & real true. & what someone said about 'Pac only really being called the G.O.A.T by people from the west is complete B.S, 'cos I'm from neither the West/East/South/Mid West, i'm all the way from the UK & as i've said 'Pac was the G.O.A.T ever since he dropped MATW & followed it up with the classic AEOM & Makaveli.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2002, 12:22:46 PM »

to every1 that thinks snoop is tha goat,  what has he done since 95-96 that is so special.  An even on tha east,  Pac gets loads of love to,  sure not as much as BIG,  but he gets as much props,  except from tha pac haters

fuck man why u gotta keep fucken arguin wit every motherfucker that be callin snoop the goat? r u fucken jealous or somethin that some peeps in tha world don't love pac as much as u do? and just to answer ur question IMO and i guess in a few other peeps opinions, snoop has gotten better throughout these years and has been bringin us dope music for as long as i can remember, he wuz also one of the first rappers to try and stop the beefin between the east n west and he has been successfull so that's what he's done since 95-96 homie.

min0rity

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2002, 02:53:10 PM »

::) anyways im'a just say some that u misunderstood, i said that dmx was selling good and people luv their album, did i talk about nelly or em, pleez and u said that most of theses cat right now doesn't even write their rhyme, who did them , u write them, doc write em,  and "jay-z and emniem might write their shit in 10 minutes or whatever but look at their records " sure, do you know that jay-z drop a classic recently??? so where's the difference, it's all about opignion , u luv pac and nas, but take some time to listen to thoses other cats, you'll see that they tight sometime, now you'll get it  all fuck up and gonna come with that "oh so u telling me that bow wow can drop a classic, i'm talkin bout them niggaz with experience, not them shyne alikes....anyways get it all twisted if u want i know what i'm sayin .

LMAO!! you didn't make ANY sense...jay-z dropped a classic recently???? naw.......3.5 mics maybe....and i DON'T love pac or nas....i give them PROPS cuz they deserved it.....unlike snoop or dmx..and i do listen to other rappers....these days i'm listeing to cormega, do or die......i'm feeling them right now so get off my big sack...and i know you didn't mention ja fool or nelly but you said only rappers considered great is the one that sells the most which is ignorant as fuck...

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2002, 02:59:26 PM »

fuck man why u gotta keep fucken arguin wit every motherfucker that be callin snoop the goat? r u fucken jealous or somethin that some peeps in tha world don't love pac as much as u do? and just to answer ur question IMO and i guess in a few other peeps opinions, snoop has gotten better throughout these years and has been bringin us dope music for as long as i can remember, he wuz also one of the first rappers to try and stop the beefin between the east n west and he has been successfull so that's what he's done since 95-96 homie.

true, and by the way , to the one talkin indirectly to me, i didn't call snoop the  goat so i don't even know why u trippin
gives me dopeness"                                   

Big BpG

« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2002, 03:54:57 PM »
I'm one that also believes this.

Now, I have yet to drop my cents on this post so here I go.

2pac, was a very intelligent rapper, person, a man with the strength to speak his mind on topic. He knew what he was talking about, and everytime his lyrics dropped, he knew everything he was saying was true to himself. So in issence, tupac was one of the best, but the greatest?

Today's tupac is Eminem. Everything I just described in pac, is also true in Eminem. Eminem plays with words too, something that wasn't pac's best strength. Now, does this make Pac second to Eminem? Of course not, but at the time of 2pac's life. He was just considered another rapper. He along with B.I.G and Snoop, Jay-Z were the biggest names in Hip Hop. At this time, you could claim either of these rappers the best. It would be a worldwide argument. Then Pac is killed, and all we have left is his memories. So what do his fans have? Then we see the impact Pac had and we claim him the best, however In my mind we have put him in some place we never could have been. To me Pac was a good rapper. To be honest, I never ever felt a pac song. Now, my brother owns all his albums, but I was never ever a pac fan. No disrespect to the man, but he was very arrogant in what he did. To me, I can't listen to that. I believe he is overated because there are a lot of rappers like pac that don't get recognition for their power. Instead people claim them pac biters. Everyone is still holding on to Tupac Shakur. However, he left us 6 years ago.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2002, 04:16:36 PM »
I'm one that also believes this.

Now, I have yet to drop my cents on this post so here I go.

2pac, was a very intelligent rapper, person, a man with the strength to speak his mind on topic. He knew what he was talking about, and everytime his lyrics dropped, he knew everything he was saying was true to himself. So in issence, tupac was one of the best, but the greatest?

Today's tupac is Eminem. Everything I just described in pac, is also true in Eminem. Eminem plays with words too, something that wasn't pac's best strength. Now, does this make Pac second to Eminem? Of course not, but at the time of 2pac's life. He was just considered another rapper. He along with B.I.G and Snoop, Jay-Z were the biggest names in Hip Hop. At this time, you could claim either of these rappers the best. It would be a worldwide argument. Then Pac is killed, and all we have left is his memories. So what do his fans have? Then we see the impact Pac had and we claim him the best, however In my mind we have put him in some place we never could have been. To me Pac was a good rapper. To be honest, I never ever felt a pac song. Now, my brother owns all his albums, but I was never ever a pac fan. No disrespect to the man, but he was very arrogant in what he did. To me, I can't listen to that. I believe he is overated because there are a lot of rappers like pac that don't get recognition for their power. Instead people claim them pac biters. Everyone is still holding on to Tupac Shakur. However, he left us 6 years ago.

-Big BpG

i agree, mostly with the last sentence...

just a thing that i just learn bout pac, did u know that everyday pac's mom made pac read the newspaper and all kind of shit , pac would been inspired by some  n drop em on song and the song  was a hit.... wow
gives me dopeness"                                   

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2002, 04:45:57 PM »

i agree, mostly with the last sentence...

just a thing that i just learn bout pac, did u know that everyday pac's mom made pac read the newspaper and all kind of shit , pac would been inspired by some  n drop em on song and the song  was a hit.... wow

i dunno what u said,  tha only thing i could think of is that your tryin diss pac b/c his mom made him read tha paper everyday.  

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2002, 05:10:42 PM »

i dunno what u said,  tha only thing i could think of is that your tryin diss pac b/c his mom made him read tha paper everyday.  

tryin to diss tryin to diss, dawm , is that the only bullshit u can say. everytime u holla at me , is fo the same bullshit, don't talk me then , i was just surprise , do i have the right to be surprise or should i ask u for a permission ...
gives me dopeness"