Author Topic: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated  (Read 3232 times)

HBKid_Jr

Re: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2002, 05:23:52 PM »

tryin to diss tryin to diss, dawm , is that the only bullshit u can say. everytime u holla at me , is fo the same bullshit, don't talk me then , i was just surprise , do i have the right to be surprise or should i ask u for a permission ...

what,  i asked if you if u were dissin pac b/c i didnt have a fuckin clue what u were talkin about u fuckin asshole,  u talked bout how he read than paper than made a hit,  what tha fuck,  maybe i wouldnt have to ask u if u made sense
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2002, 06:21:54 PM »
I'm one that also believes this.

Now, I have yet to drop my cents on this post so here I go.

2pac, was a very intelligent rapper, person, a man with the strength to speak his mind on topic. He knew what he was talking about, and everytime his lyrics dropped, he knew everything he was saying was true to himself. So in issence, tupac was one of the best, but the greatest?

Today's tupac is Eminem. Everything I just described in pac, is also true in Eminem. Eminem plays with words too, something that wasn't pac's best strength. Now, does this make Pac second to Eminem? Of course not, but at the time of 2pac's life. He was just considered another rapper. He along with B.I.G and Snoop, Jay-Z were the biggest names in Hip Hop. At this time, you could claim either of these rappers the best. It would be a worldwide argument. Then Pac is killed, and all we have left is his memories. So what do his fans have? Then we see the impact Pac had and we claim him the best, however In my mind we have put him in some place we never could have been. To me Pac was a good rapper. To be honest, I never ever felt a pac song. Now, my brother owns all his albums, but I was never ever a pac fan. No disrespect to the man, but he was very arrogant in what he did. To me, I can't listen to that. I believe he is overated because there are a lot of rappers like pac that don't get recognition for their power. Instead people claim them pac biters. Everyone is still holding on to Tupac Shakur. However, he left us 6 years ago.

-Big BpG

That's the thing people don't get. That 'Pac was never a everyday rapper in Cali. Even before Death Row he was people's favorite. Shit, his interviews were anticipated, and his rap lyrics charished. I've notice in the rest of America, mid-west mainly, that rappers to begin with are not praised as they are in Cali, and they are as sure as hell not as respected, as people down many rappers. People like Ja Rule and talk about his great skillz. I ain't downing Ja Rule, because he can make a great album, but he sold out to sell millions in the mid-west. When 'Pac was alive, he wasn't known hear. I get weirded when I hear, I really got into 'Pac after he died, and he is soo cool. I'm puzzled, because 'Pac was Cali's biggest star, alive or dead. Snoop was too, Doggystyle was a classic, and his work on the Chronic was genious. But 'Pac just spoke to people. At  first women were the only 'Pac fans because of Keep Your Head Up. Every girl I knew bought Strickly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z. My sister bought Me Against The World righ when it came out. I remember hearing Pain on Above the Rim, and gave it a try. She loved it, then I heard it and traded like 3 tapes for it. And most people I knew were like that. They heard 'Pac off some girl and had to pick it up or dub it. Then when he signed with Death Row, shit, he was crowned Don over Snoop. His words spoke to people. And the trade for the 'Pac tape is true, ask my sister, MidnightPills, or Pink. I see it like this, 'Pac was for sure the greatest rapper, but couldn't get out of Cali because he wasn't that Gangsta Rapper that the mid-west loved back then from Cali. He wasn't selling like Coolio, or Snoop, or Dogg Pound, but in Cali that didn't stop him from being number one here. He was a bigger star than Snoop with Me Against The World. All Eyez On Me got the rest of the nation to look at him, and then his death was what made most people see what we always knew. Now I'm not knocking Snoop, because the M Dogg is out of respect to the Big Dogg, and Scrappy, my other name I had here and rap name, is simular to Snoopy, which is no accident, because I love Snoop. But 'Pac was the star of the Westcoast, and what we knew with Strickly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z., you guys found out on September 13, 1996. Now lets put this topic to rest, the way the man's spirit should rest.

I guess him rapping about his soul never resting was right. The man is the only artist studied in colleges, gots a poetry book out, and the biggest icon in rap. He deserves his rest. Thank You

yung-g

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Tha West Coast Aint Dead !!!
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2002, 06:38:22 PM »
all i gotta say is pac aint overrated, and bein dead don't make you automatically a overrated artist. cause big pun is dead, and he aint overrated, kinda underrated to me.
COMING SOON:

Featuring: Keak da Sneak, Jacka & Husalah (Mob Figaz), Bushwick Bill (Get Boys),
Mistah FAB, & more.
***INCLUDES BONUS DVD***

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2002, 08:03:30 PM »

i agree, mostly with the last sentence...

just a thing that i just learn bout pac, did u know that everyday pac's mom made pac read the newspaper and all kind of shit , pac would been inspired by some  n drop em on song and the song  was a hit.... wow

pac's mom made him read the New York Times cover to cover as punishment when he was a kid.  i wish i would've been more of a 2pac fan when he was rising as a star because i didn't become a fan until about 4 months before he died.  :'(

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2002, 11:40:05 PM »

At  first women were the only 'Pac fans because of Keep Your Head Up. Every girl I knew bought Strickly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z. My sister bought Me Against The World righ when it came out. I remember hearing Pain on Above the Rim, and gave it a try. She loved it, then I heard it and traded like 3 tapes for it. And most people I knew were like that. They heard 'Pac off some girl and had to pick it up or dub it.

That made me think of what 'Pac advised Biggie about rapping for the bitches & eventually the guys will want what the girls have & that shit worked, eventually for Biggie too! He had one hell of a mind, very smart individual.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2002, 12:15:25 PM »
fuck the politics of this issue, plain and simple

2pac = the greatest rapper/rap artist of all time

Rakim=the greatest pure mc of all time

that's all that ever needs to be said

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Youngster323

« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2002, 12:17:30 PM »
fuck the politics of this issue, plain and simple

2pac = the greatest rapper/rap artist of all time

Rakim=the greatest pure mc of all time

that's all that ever needs to be said

u cant make that true statement clearer

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2002, 12:56:34 PM »

pac's mom made him read the New York Times cover to cover as punishment when he was a kid.

see [size=20]Tom[/size], i ain'T makin no shit , i heard this on welcome to death row, so sit back , eat your dick , and leave me the fuck alone ... me an asshole ??? lol nigga pleez you're the asshole , and your friend are the dicks hittin u hard at night so u can come shit on me after so some bullshit like that
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2002, 03:36:34 PM »

see [size=20]Tom[/size], i ain'T makin no shit , i heard this on welcome to death row, so sit back , eat your dick , and leave me the fuck alone ... me an asshole ??? lol nigga pleez you're the asshole , and your friend are the dicks hittin u hard at night so u can come shit on me after so some bullshit like that

i already knew b4 u said anything about pac readin tha paper as a kid.  It was what u said after that,  that i had no clue what tha fuck u were sayin

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2002, 03:48:10 PM »

i already knew b4 u said anything about pac readin tha paper as a kid.  It was what u said after that,  that i had no clue what tha fuck u were sayin

hmm , i didn't say shit after that
gives me dopeness"                                   

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2002, 05:44:29 PM »

hmm , i didn't say shit after that

yes u did,  u said his mom made him read tha paper than u said "pac would been inspired by some  n drop em on song and the song  was a hit.... wow".   i dont know what u were tryin to say there

min0rity

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2002, 10:36:43 AM »
yo stick..stop embarassing yourself......you argu with no points..all you do is i love my snoop, nigga, snoop is the goat, nigga, dmx is 2nd goat, nigga....lmao

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2002, 01:02:17 PM »
yo stick..stop embarassing yourself......you argu with no points..all you do is i love my snoop, nigga, snoop is the goat, nigga, dmx is 2nd goat, nigga....lmao

yo bitch shut your bigg mouth hoe
gives me dopeness"                                   

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2002, 01:03:20 PM »

yes u did,  u said his mom made him read tha paper than u said "pac would been inspired by some  n drop em on song and the song  was a hit.... wow".   i dont know what u were tryin to say there

ok, i wasn't tryin to diss him , i was impressed to know how he found his ideas to make his hits , thats it
gives me dopeness"                                   

min0rity

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2002, 06:12:20 AM »

yo bitch shut your bigg mouth hoe

i'm your momma