Author Topic: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated  (Read 3136 times)

Youngster323

Re: Reason Why 2pac is sooo Overated
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2002, 11:51:32 AM »

people still talk about him, so whut , they still talk about eazy -e and the others, that don't mean shit

yea but people talk about 2pac as being the best...STILL i hardly hear people say Eazy E was the GOAT
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2002, 11:51:44 AM »

lol u really think if Em was to die today. Tommorow fans were to call him the GOAT?

He's the one rapper that's caused the most up roar in Hip hop in a long time. Mostly cuz he's white and actually quite good at rapping. shame he can't rap about either interestin stuff or go the political way...oh well, we can only hope he changes

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2002, 12:11:05 PM »
ya'll say that his first albums were classics, isn't that the same with peeps like nas, then they start to fall off. 2pac jus didn't have a long enough life time to fall off, that's why peeps only judge him from the stuff that he did. same thing happened to jay z (i don't like nas or jay z but i know they got a lot of fans from when they were good and new fan's from their new shit. the same thing that woulda probz. happened to 2pac)

Pac best stuff came out right b4 his death,  his first few albums were good,  but he improved wit each album,  an how many rappers can claim to have dropped 3 straight classic's in a row.  Pac is undoubtly tha GOAT,  why all of sudden is every1 tryin to discredit pac,  is it b/c of all tha snoop bashin lately.  No other rapper has made music that has touched me tha way 2pac did,  no other rapper has ever made music wit tha emotion an conviction that 2pac has.  He is on another level.  So what if b4 pac died no1 called him tha GOAT,  b4 his death there never really was a certified GOAT.  If method man died in 96 like some1 else said,  he would of not been tha considered tha GOAT,  he may of dropped a classic as a group, but he never dropped a solo classic,  tical is a great album but no classic.  And tha Reason Pac an BIggie are considered tha Goats is b/c,  u dont fully realize what u got/had untill its gone

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2002, 12:12:21 PM »

Just listenin to Summer Time - Fresh Prince, He's another person that i think should be the GOAT....Jus because of this song. It's the only song by him i like but i can listen to it anywhere and just imagin bein in the sun and chillin...Lol, Shit, The fuck am i talkin bout, Will smith ain't shit!

one song dont make a GOAT

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2002, 12:28:03 PM »

one song dont make a GOAT

Please Keep up, that was sarcasm, I shoulda left that post for people who got a Degree in Noticing Sarcasm

Antonio

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2002, 01:24:03 PM »

Please Keep up, that was sarcasm, I shoulda left that post for people who got a Degree in Noticing Sarcasm

Bye. Hahahaha ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2002, 01:29:31 PM »
I just know before his death, and after All Eyez On Me, 2Pac was called the GOAT by most people in my area of Cali. He had a bigger fan base than Snoop and Dre of '93 and every word he spoke, you'd think people were listening to Jesus. That's no overstatement, people forget what it was like when 'Pac was alive. Personally, Me Against the World did it for me. I heard him on the radio, but after Pain on Above the Rim, I had to get his next album. Got Me Against The World, I knew I was listening to the best. All Eyez On Me confirmed it, and Makaveli removed any doubts. 'Pac was the GOAT, at least in westcoast peoples minds, before his untimly death. Let the man rest, and pay respects to the last great westcoast king, and the Don of rap. Peace.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2002, 01:54:27 PM »
ha ha , c'mon in doggystyle time , people tought about pac more then snoop and dre lol
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2002, 02:02:14 PM »
Do u know what kills hip-hop? It’s the Pac and biggie incident, because before that people would fuck with anybody east coast west cost, from NWA to RUN-DMC, but since Pac came and started this eastcoast-westcoast war, hip hop begins to fall to that commercial status we are now, til’ the day those days, classic was dropping from everywhere it was all about love, and look at the result now  ::)
gives me dopeness"                                   

Youngster323

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2002, 02:23:18 PM »
Do u know what kills hip-hop? It’s the Pac and biggie incident, because before that people would fuck with anybody east coast west cost, from NWA to RUN-DMC, but since Pac came and started this eastcoast-westcoast war, hip hop begins to fall to that commercial status we are now, til’ the day those days, classic was dropping from everywhere it was all about love, and look at the result now  ::)

the MEDIA made it that way oh and M dogg was talkin about comparing the popularity but not in the same year and i have to agree with M dogg, cuz thats how it was in L.A

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2002, 02:28:26 PM »

the MEDIA made it that way  

i really don'T think so, and i really don'T thin that bet or cnn ask tupac to hit biggie with a hit em up, and biggie ( or someone else) to shot on pac...

and do u live in L.A ??? , how u know it was like that, u saw some movies
gives me dopeness"                                   

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2002, 02:35:32 PM »

That is totally false. Right now there are more people collaborating from each coast more than before. N.W.A. and Run DMC never collabed together. Did the majority of East Coast cats collab with West Coast niggaz back in '95? HELL FUCKING NO! Now you got Snoop on Wu-Tang's album for God's sake. Pac didn't start the East/West beef either he just escalated it. Death Row started it. You got your timelines mixed up. Before Hip Hop was separated and Hip Hop was putting out classics. Now Hip Hop is all love and classics hardly drop.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2002, 02:39:58 PM »

so your tryin to turn this around om 2pac sayin he is tha reason why rap sucks now,  what do u have against him,  He did not start tha eastcoast westcoast war.  If anything it was tha media,  suge an you idol snoop dogg.  Slickk remember tha 95 source awards,  ny aint got no love for snoop doggy dogg an dr.dre.  Snoop dogg is jus as guilty,  remember tha ny,ny video.  They say that wasnt a diss but when there stompin down buildings,  as a new yorker thats a diss.  You sound like a person brainwashed by tha media.  Look at pac,  strictly 4 my niggaz,  had an eastcoast feel to it even though he claimed cali through out it.  MATW,  tha track oldschool showed much love to New York an what they did for rap.  On AEOM,  during tha eastcoast westcoast war,  he had 2 of tha bigger eastcoast stars on his album,  method man an redman

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2002, 02:40:10 PM »

That is totally false.

nop

and no one wanna work with the east like u be sayin, it's snoop who 's tryin to get em back like it was before but it never will, the east even doing war east to east so ...even snoop got some problem to make it happen so i really don't think u gonna see this happening soon,and u said that death row start the beef, it may be snoop with the 1995 even but it's mostly about pac, he was the rebel always attacking the east ....
gives me dopeness"                                   

Youngster323

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2002, 02:41:17 PM »

i really don'T think so, and i really don'T thin that bet or cnn ask tupac to hit biggie with a hit em up, and biggie ( or someone else) to shot on pac...

and do u live in L.A ??? , how u know it was like that, u saw some movies

well my cousins told me alot and yea i do live in L.A