Author Topic: C-Murderīs murder convition is overturned  (Read 788 times)

ABN

C-Murderīs murder convition is overturned
« on: March 12, 2006, 02:21:07 AM »
The Louisiana Supreme Court has overturned Corey "C-Murder" Miller's murder conviction yesterday (Mar. 10) and the rapper could be free on bond as early as Monday, according to his lawyer.

Miller was convicted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of 16-year-old Steven Thomas. Thomas was shot in the chest after an argument inside of the Platinum Club in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana in January 2002.

Over 300 people were inside of the club on the night of the shooting, and several witnesses identified Miller as the shooter.

Miller was charged with second-degree murder and was ordered held on $2 million dollars bond. He pleaded not guilty, but his bond was revoked, after authorities claimed he bribed two Jefferson Parish officers to smuggle in a cell phone and charger into prison.

Prosecutors claimed Miller used the phone to communicate with friends in attempt to harm or intimidate witnesses in the trial.

Miller pleaded not guilty and went to trial in Sept. of 2003. He was convicted of second-degree murder, which carries a mandatory life sentence. Several witnesses for the prosecution offered testimony identifying Miller as the shooter.

At a Dec. 2003 hearing to appeal the verdict, a woman that testified for the prosecution revealed she did not actually see Miller shoot the Thomas. She also said she witnessed another man with a gun moments before the shooting.

The woman said she witnessed another man known as "Calliope Slim" brandishing a gun just before Thomas was gunned down.

She testified she told Jefferson Parish detectives about Calliope Slim before the trial. The information was never brought up during the trial, along with other information that may have led to Miller's acquittal.

It was also revealed that detectives cleared parking tickets and a felony theft arrest warrant for one of the witnesses friends, in exchange for testimony.

The defense argued the withheld evidence cast doubt on the credibility of the witnesses and the prosecutions case.

In 2004, Judge Sassone agreed with Miller's defense team, and ordered a new trial.

Prosecutors appealed Sassone's ruling and in March of 2005, two of three judges on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeal disagreed with Sassone's ruling and upheld the second-degree murder conviction.

In Feb. 2006, Miller filed a request with the Louisiana Supreme Court, which has granted the rapper a new trial,

It is now up to the prosecution to decide if they will retry Miller for second-degree murder. Representatives for the District Attorney did not offer comment on the Louisiana Supreme Court's ruling.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: C-Murderīs murder convition is overturned
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 04:04:55 AM »
LMAO... retards.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:34:23 AM »
He really needs a new nickname.  This one does nothing but hurt him.

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 09:36:06 AM »

He does have a new name, actually...he changed his name to C-Miller last year.  But since he's best known as C-Murder, that's the name by which everyone continues to refer to him.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 01:31:42 PM »
so wutchall think? guilty or innocent?

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 02:30:18 PM »
I don;t know the details enough to determine whether he really was guilty or not, so hey, good for him.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 03:02:28 PM »

no doubt

hideout

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 03:33:34 PM »
goodstuff! lets get a new down 4 my niggaz

Eihtball

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 03:49:02 PM »

no doubt

Like I've said, he does have a new one now.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 09:11:05 PM »
good for him, i think hes too smart & too rich to kill someone in a public place like that. although he did tie up and pistol whip Pastor Troy or Pimp C I believe so anythings possible. But im happy if he gets out.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »
Is C-Murder in the first or second verse on "Down 4 my niggaz"?...Always wondered

The Maestro

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 12:40:51 AM »
nigga needs to change his name to c manslaughter or something...

ABN

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 12:56:52 AM »
good for him, i think hes too smart & too rich to kill someone in a public place like that. although he did tie up and pistol whip Pastor Troy or Pimp C I believe so anythings possible. But im happy if he gets out.
naw it was Master P who hogtied Pimp C up in a hotel room and beat the shit outta him. C just knocked PT out in a club in ATL.

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 10:44:09 PM »
This is the same idiot who flashed a gun in a bouncers' face outside a club one night, pulled the trigger, and the gun jammed.  He cussed, aimed the pistol at the ground, shook it, and fired a round into the dirt.  Puts the gun back in the bouncers face, pulls the trigger again, and the gun jams again.

Yeah, he's innocent.  I'm sure. 

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 11:08:11 PM »
Is C-Murder in the first or second verse on "Down 4 my niggaz"?...Always wondered

First...Magic was 2nd. Damn, they both MURDERED Snoop on that track too, that beat was just made for their style.