Author Topic: Why is Bay Area so in love with Dirty South?  (Read 1018 times)

SGV

Re: Why is Bay Area so in love with Dirty South?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »
am i lying? everything i said was true. I'm not here to hate. I just don't like what the Bay Area has become. They're are doing nothing but tarnishing the westcoast with there dirty south wackness.

How so? Shit... Snoop went Down South and made one of the worst albums of his life, way before Hyphy started. Hyphy is doing good for the West, as it's the only new sound out here. L.A. is still in a transition period, our fans can't seem to let go of G-Funk. The Bay is open and tries new things, can't hate that. Where's my Block L.A. at? Nowhere. Why? Because we're not making enough noise.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »
yea snoop went down south & he quickly came back, that was just 1 person tho. bay area isn't just 1 person. its a damn movement. bay area needs to come up with there own culture instead of living it thru the dirty south.

and that bitch ass line form 40s album "rep the bay we dont rep california" ... thats a slap in the face. California = Westcoast. everyone know so cal made the westcoast. Bay area refers to there own shit as the Bay, not westcoast so let them bitches do there own thing, just dont rep the west your fuckin wackness.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 03:00:40 PM »
Turfy says he's just playing on that very song, you aint listening right. Plus I think most of you are way to young to remeber videos like "Deep East Oakland" or to remember that Dru Down & Yuk had gold teeth in there mouth in 93. Shit, Biggie and Nas had golds too, its not copying the south. And all that old Atlanta, Texas and NO sounds were heavily inspired by the Bay, Lil Jon got his START working with Too $hort. Although I'm not here to say who started what, both regions have been inspired by each other. The "Hyphy Movement" is the best thing Cali has had going in YEARS. This is way more important than The Game ever was, and if youre sick of the Hyphy sound, listen to The Rock by San Quinn, Bay shit, not at all Hyphy

SGV

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »
I don't see how Atlanta, Texas or New Orleans(outside of early No Limit) are heavily influenced by the Bay. Lets see some back up on those statements. As for Lil Jon getting his start with Too Short, that can't be farther from the truth. He got his start at So So Deg with JD. Where do you get your facts?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 03:38:17 PM »
Outside of Master P, what Southern artist has influence from the Bay in their music? That's a first. I've never heard that.

Lil Jon, 8ball & MJG, Cash Money , Beats By Da Pound, etc, etc, etc

regimemob510

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 03:38:31 PM »

regimemob510

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 03:42:51 PM »
yea snoop went down south & he quickly came back, that was just 1 person tho. bay area isn't just 1 person. its a damn movement. bay area needs to come up with there own culture instead of living it thru the dirty south.

and that bitch ass line form 40s album "rep the bay we dont rep california" ... thats a slap in the face. California = Westcoast. everyone know so cal made the westcoast. Bay area refers to there own shit as the Bay, not westcoast so let them bitches do there own thing, just dont rep the west your fuckin wackness.

the bay is the west, wut the fuck is LA?

Suga Foot

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 03:46:28 PM »
nobody in the industry cares about this, why should you?

The south and the bay seem like they've always had a special relationship because both have a strong independant scene.  E-A-Ski did a lot of work with Suave House, around 96-97 a lot of Rap A Lot & Noo Trybe stuff had sort of a mobb style to it (to me at least).  40 & B-Legit did a lot of collabs in the south.  The two regions have always got along and collabed.

let them get their money.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 03:52:55 PM »
and that bitch ass line form 40s album "rep the bay we dont rep california" ... thats a slap in the face. California = Westcoast. everyone know so cal made the westcoast.

LA always referred itself as the West Coast, that was a HUGE slap in the face for us when the West was on top in the 90's. Now it's our time to bust back to what the LA never included us in. And don't mention 2pac either because he was one of us. It's to the point now where LA rappers want to be on BAY remixes. Don't deny it, you just envy the success. And it's only beginning....

Lil Jon was an A&R for Jermaine Dupri, that's true. But who started fuckin wit him on Wax first? In the studio? Too Short! His whole 808 style of beats came from being around Short, he even made references to it in an interview once.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

dubee

• 'G'
  • "it dont matta, as long as my pocket gets fatta"
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 03:54:21 PM »
most niggas from the bay are from the south anyways too but rep the bay hard.most of em still have family down there

SGV

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 04:18:07 PM »
Lil Jon? Cash Money? Ball & G? lol! I don't see or hear any real Bay influence in their music. As for Short putting Jon on, he may have been one of the first major artists he worked with, but he had been doing shit prior to that. Inoj was his artist.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 04:29:04 PM »
Bro, the 808 sound started in the bay in 1983. I never said nothing about Cash Money, I give them props for their own movement and success that came from it. But the fact that Lil Jon recognizes Short as an influence on him should tell you something, and to this day he still throws out free beats to him.

COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

SGV

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 04:41:18 PM »
Someone else said Cash Money. But I'm sure Too Short was an influence but people are trying to make it seem as if the Bay is the reason for the South and that can't be farther from the truth.

And just to play devils avocate, Short is originally from L.A. So I guess if you claim Pac, we should claim Short.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »
Bay Area had there own sound now they jacking that wack ass south shit just to get more popular

the result=end up sound like a cheap rip off the south..............which sucks to begin with
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »
How so? Short came to the bay in what? 12 years old? when he could finally come outta the house and get raised and find his character.... 2pac wanted LIVE & DIE in LA, but where did he come from and acknowledge as his true home? The bay, this is all documented.

But the bay is not THE reason for the South and vice versa, you can't compare regions like that, these cats are idiots saying bold statements like that. Lil Jon isn't a branch falling from the Too Short tree either, the whole point is the bay started this movement all on our own and it involves OUR culture.. I don't see no similarity to the South but the uptempo beats. The South is rural for the most part, it's a whole different environment.... our smallest communities are still Urban, the cultures are much different.

Bottomline, It's like comparing a black gangsta to a mexican cholo just because they wear the similar dickies n chucks. All muthafucaz see is the outside, they have no idea how these 2 come from VERY DIFFERENT cultures!

COMING IN 2008.