Author Topic: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SHOULD BE BUYING E-40'S ALBUM THIS WEEK!!!!!  (Read 1605 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SHOULD BE BUYING E-40'S ALBUM THIS WEEK!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »
This Persian ain't no southern Cali Persian, I'll break ure jaw for fun you fuckin internet character. Who you suppose to be faggot? The only beef you addicted to is a ding dong you sissy. You dunno nothin bout no West Coast Stan.

Sold Out in Dallas.... nice.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2006, 12:40:24 PM »

aint nobody gonna buy this shit just cuz some persian big nose mutahfucka like u says to u dumb fag.

don't be getting ethnic in here and start talkin about persians. half my patnas are persian and afghan and they some of the craziest niggas i know. fuckin racist bastard i hope u get rapped by an aids infested monkey
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2006, 12:41:16 PM »
Here is a comment on the 1st day sales and how they are shaping up for E-40 from hitsdailydouble.com. This site is pretty on point with sales numbers:

Warner Bros. rapper E-40, who presently appears to be the highest-charting debut on next week’s album chart, will probably wind up shy of 100k. That will still probably put it in the Top 5 considering that this is shaping up to be a truly dismal week.

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »
Zilla does have some good points. The west does need a album to do big numbers to get more exposure. I think the bay is so diverse that ANY artist that blows up out of the bay helps everyone. Hyphy is like any other craze that is going on, it has its 15 min then it dies off. The music is what pushes the bay at the end of the day and them cats are HUSTLAS. indie or major. the bay will be just fine.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2006, 02:17:05 PM »
who gives a fuck if its similar to crunk music....as long as the west blows up....to me i think its better then crunk music....especially with all the bay slang involved in the hyphy music makes it feel westcoast.....if u dont feel it...then shut your retarded as up and move on fuckface....listen to some other shit...stay stuck in the 90s and quit complaining cause running your mouth aint gonna change no ones mind...especially the bay.....it just makes u a faggot crying for help...i support the whole westcoast...even them portland niggas and i dont give a shit if the music changes...its all west coast....and fuck this bay vs LA shit...its all one coast.....we should all support each other....stay connected

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2006, 03:15:53 PM »
im going to support E-40 n fuck what people say.These same MF said that Warren G album was garbage but i liked it.I will let yall know my opinon after i listen to it.1

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2006, 03:48:46 PM »
You know what I don't get ? When Game dropped, he blew up, When Snoop drops, he always sells, when Dre dropped, hegot the whole industry on hold, when Xzibit was with Dre, he sold big time but there was always some people saying that didnt sound West Coast enough and everything...

Couple of years later, E-40 is about to drop an album... with Lil Jon, I didnt hear it so I can't speak on it, all I know is that he's still repping the West on it but what's so different about what E is doing and what all the others did? If you say it doesnt matter that it's a new style of rap, you should say the same about Nate DOgg, Xzibit, Dr Dre, SNoop and ...Game. How many times did Game threw up the West? Snoop is still repping 213, Dre made the whole industry use his sound...

I have no problem supporting E-40 but I think it sounds weird that it's not acceptable for the others to have a 2006 sound but ok for him to try and sell the most albums he can.

I wish him the best but I had to say my opinion about this thread

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 04:47:01 PM »
Zilla does have some good points. The west does need a album to do big numbers to get more exposure. I think the bay is so diverse that ANY artist that blows up out of the bay helps everyone. Hyphy is like any other craze that is going on, it has its 15 min then it dies off. The music is what pushes the bay at the end of the day and them cats are HUSTLAS. indie or major. the bay will be just fine.

Jakubs

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2006, 04:47:33 PM »
I don't think anyone needs to worry about him not selling over 100k the first week. I was just in my Best Buy today and they said they only had 12 copies left to start the day and those were sold out by the time I got there this afternoon. Luckily the cashier had one stashed and hooked me up.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2006, 04:57:35 PM »
Here's my thoughts:

E-40 is a living legend no doubt.  To see him put in work as long as he has, and get some national recognition is great.  My Hyphy knowledge is very miniscule compared to lots of cats, but thanks to R-Tistic's Yaddadamix, I've had the chance to hear a wide array of songs.  I think "Tell Me When To Go" was one of the most surprising songs i've heard in a while.  40 spit real nice.  Granted, i was smoked out when i heard it, but hearin dude sayin "Dumb" in the hook really tripped me out.  And no doubt Hyphy is like a second cousin of Crunk (face it, lil Jon has had a major hand in national exposure of both), but it does have some unique elements that typical crunk doesn't have.

I also think that its great that somebody from the west that isn't affiliated with Dre / Snoop has potential to blow up.  I think the West as a whole has needed that more than anthing - artists themselves realizing they can blow up without Dre / Snoop.

Having said all of that, I probably won't be buying the album.  I think Hyphy (like Crunk) is better taken in small doses.  After I hear a few Hyphy songs in a row, I need a break.  I don't think I have the patience / tolerance to sit through an entire album.  Sadly, I don't see Hyphy being much more than a fad.  And don't take that as a diss, i just call it how i see it.  

kingwell

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2006, 05:08:19 PM »
Some of the posts on this thread on quite enjoyable to read...  I think if you liked the album, you should buy it.  (I try before I buy).   Don't buy it just because it is something getting pushed from the west.  I will not be buying the album, I didn't enjoy it that much.  If an artist blows up, (be it from sales, or whatver) it should be truthfully, meaning the album was THAT good..

I did however love Just Fuckin', and maybe 3 other cuts.  But it's gotta be more than half of an album that I like, AT LEAST, before I will shell out money for it.. 

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »
E-40 can sell 2 million its first week and it will do absolutly nothing for the Westcoast because Crunk music is not a representaion of california.

I don't know about absolutley nothing. It would have an impact in the sense that more people would hear the album and decide to look more in to future west coast releases to see what we have to offer. I agree with you about the representation.....it certainly won't have the same effect as if hyphy aka crunk was a strictly cali based sound.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

deeeeznutz

• 'G'
  • WORLDWIDE WESTSIDE
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »
Well here's my OPINION. e-40's cd is off the chain. These songs remind me of "to tha beat", "uzis, choppers, gats", "dirty deeds" and many other songs he did. I think they r the shit. I'll admit, ballatician sucked, breakin news is ok, but this puts him back on my list. Also, HALF of the lil jon beats on here dont sound like lil jon beats. They sound like hyphy beats. Oh yeah and tone capone is on here. so is bosko. droop-e. and lets not forget rick rock. not west coast?...i don't think so. Pure west coast. Not g-funk...HYPHY!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2006, 11:38:04 PM »
Well here's my OPINION. e-40's cd is off the chain. These songs remind me of "to tha beat", "uzis, choppers, gats", "dirty deeds" and many other songs he did. I think they r the shit. I'll admit, ballatician sucked, breakin news is ok, but this puts him back on my list. Also, HALF of the lil jon beats on here dont sound like lil jon beats. They sound like hyphy beats. Oh yeah and tone capone is on here. so is bosko. droop-e. and lets not forget rick rock. not west coast?...i don't think so. Pure west coast. Not g-funk...HYPHY!

Thank you. It seems like all the people knockin it just aint payin attention. They just automatically dont want to like it cause they dont like Lil Jon.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2006, 12:01:26 AM »
Yea....I had NO IDEA Lil Jon did two of those beats...even though white girl is just Fly girl with more bass. Muscle cars sounds exactly like some Droop-E though