Author Topic: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SHOULD BE BUYING E-40'S ALBUM THIS WEEK!!!!!  (Read 1632 times)

WestCoasta

Re: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SHOULD BE BUYING E-40'S ALBUM THIS WEEK!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2006, 03:12:03 PM »
the bay started this movement all on our own and it involves OUR culture...

^ that's where you're going back on what you said man

you just said it's "Purely West Coast" movement and then u say that?

if all this is supposed to be about the West shining and whatnot, then why do you keep getting into arguments about Cali shit like South vs. North and getting all personal and saying this and that is "ours" and that shit all over this board... you keep contradicting yourself

what I'm getting from this is, if you're gonna call it a West Coast movement, then this movement is dividing the "West". You got people who don't like it, tell how they feel, and then I've seen people immediately jump at them. Instead of pointing out where they are wrong in their opinion, they come to solutions like comparing rappers and styles and which side is better, the whole California war type words.

so it seems like ever since Addicted to Beef said that he thought this shit was wack in a thread a while ago (even though he was harsh and obviously offended those from the Bay) that seemed to spark the whole talk about what this album really was in terms of who came up with this sound and what it sounds like and who reps it, etc.... leading to of course having the classic "West Coast" sound brought into it and the back and forth words

so basically what I'm saying is, this West Coast Connection board has become nothing but these E-40 threads trying to prove the next man's opinion wrong. The talk of this sound blowing up and people from the Bay saying it could be the next G-Funk impact, it's almost like those individuals for some reason want this movement to blow up so they can throw it in the face of the "OLD" West Coast.... now I'm not talking about people as a whole here, just those who act this way..

and you know I'm right too cuz there has been lots of talk about these subjects in these threads lately

I have only heard a few tracks from the album, so obviously I'm not entitled to my opinion of it, I'm not hating on this shit whatsoever, I have nothing but support for it, I like E-40 he's one of my favorites, and I hope if for no one else the Bay gets lots of shine from this, I just had to tell how I see this shit on this board from my point of view just sitting back and observing....

and also know that you can't cram this shit down anyones throat... if they're gonna like it they're gonna like it, regardless... I don't think they're gonna like it just cuz Bigg Rod told em to go cop it

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2006, 03:37:40 PM »
the bay started this movement all on our own and it involves OUR culture...

^ that's where you're going back on what you said man

you just said it's "Purely West Coast" movement and then u say that?

if all this is supposed to be about the West shining and whatnot, then why do you keep getting into arguments about Cali shit like South vs. North and getting all personal and saying this and that is "ours" and that shit all over this board... you keep contradicting yourself

what I'm getting from this is, if you're gonna call it a West Coast movement, then this movement is dividing the "West". You got people who don't like it, tell how they feel, and then I've seen people immediately jump at them. Instead of pointing out where they are wrong in their opinion, they come to solutions like comparing rappers and styles and which side is better, the whole California war type words.

so it seems like ever since Addicted to Beef said that he thought this shit was wack in a thread a while ago (even though he was harsh and obviously offended those from the Bay) that seemed to spark the whole talk about what this album really was in terms of who came up with this sound and what it sounds like and who reps it, etc.... leading to of course having the classic "West Coast" sound brought into it and the back and forth words.

It's like this.... Without getting too much into it.... Let's say the West Coast = The Crips for example, Crips fight each other all the time, but once they get locked up, enemy or not, they will stick together.... Well that's how it kind of is with the North v.s South thing, If you really in the streets, you'd know there's tension, it was proved BIG TIME at the All-Star game last year. But when we're in a national view, we all stick together no matter what. I didn't make this happen, that's just HOW IT IS! And what happens between Cali folks stays on the field between the soldiers, it has nothing to do with outsiders. It's like if a few of your family members have tension between each other, they will battle it out and stay ignoring each other, but what happens at family re-unions and other functions? They keep it cool, they stick together. I'm trying to figure out a way to make you feel exactly what I'm talking about, but truth of the matter is when it was the G-Funk era, the bay wasn't really included but we still repped big for y'all because it's all West Coast. The G-Funk movement was an LA thing, y'all had ure own culture that went with it, PURELY WEST COAST! They Hyphy movement is a Bay thing, we have our own culture that goes with it, once again, PURELY WEST COAST! IT'S ALL WEST COAST! RIGHT?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

WestCoasta

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »
^^ well I just hope that it IS like that, that's all....

there's no reason why there should be any tension music-wise

most of the insulting is from people who've never even travelled to these places they talk about

we all gotta support it, but regardless, people are gonna get it if they wanna or not