Author Topic: OK, so I tried out the new E-40 album...  (Read 580 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: OK, so I tried out the new E-40 album...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 09:58:55 AM »
yall fuckin stupid. everyone says its wack because its "crunk" - thats whats selling right now! i dont even like e-40 or most of these bay area cats but ima buy this album later today.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 10:28:46 AM »
mine should be coming in the post soon, no idea what to expect from reading all this.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 10:29:19 AM »
it was ok i was expecting more. 40 comes tight as shit but overall there wasn't alot of standout tracks and the hooks were kinda boring.  And i like alot of the hyphy music, the federation album from a few years ago shits on this.  to bad there wasn't more rick rock and bosko production it probably would of turned out better
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 11:27:54 AM »
I like the first half of the album more than the last half.

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »

i listened to this album again this morning. is it for the hard of hearing? at least half the songs repeat things over and over and over again... tiring..

just another way its similar to the south. repedative ass songs

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »
Crunk my ass! were way more lyrical than them south niggas. The bay is where all the game comes from. Pac taught niggas how to ride and 40's always taught niggas how ta  grind
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 04:05:07 PM »
Im listening to the remix of The first single...with KANYE WEST!!

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 04:39:31 PM »
Damn u got positive and negative feedback on this mutha. What'z the Studio Tone/Bosko trackz like?
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

A

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 10:23:39 PM »
people forget that E-40 is trying to bring the bay back, so he's trying to make his music appeal to the whole country so he uses lil Jon beats but still keeps it bay on the music with the slang and culture. But the whole Bay sounds different to crunk. But of course some of E -40's shit is gonna sound like its from the south when its producred by the king of crunk Lil Jon but the Rick rock beats still sound bay. Just like Games album sounds east coast when most of his album is produced by Just blaze and the east coast producers that were on it but it still sounds west with the dre beats.So whats the problem????? the underground bay sounds 100% bay like Jacka and Yukmouth,etc.. Just like the west underground like Crooked I and the rest sounds 100% L.A. music.
so stop hating artist is just trying to blow up and put they area on then they do what they want (and if u stuck in the 80's then listen to the chronic 100 more times).

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2006, 11:43:53 PM »
when it comes to rapping skills only, The Game >>> The entire Bay Area.   Bay has no rappers who could spit.

I ain't exactly feeling it, tho I'm not really hating on it, either.  Just strikes me as being a little outta character for Cali in general.

thats cause Bay Area music of today isn't westcoast but more dirty south.

lol@ The Game....wow....