Author Topic: Jury Duty  (Read 187 times)

youngmessnucca

Jury Duty
« on: March 17, 2006, 01:30:25 PM »
Anyone ever had to do this? does it pay?

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
Re: Jury Duty
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:35:10 PM »
i had jury duty last week, but i postponed it till september 12th, but i have to go to that one for sure i think.

im reading the brocheure right now and it says something like if the case is more than 3 days, then i think its 50 dollars a day, but up to 3 days your employer has to pay you for missing work, and they cant fire you or do anything if you miss, or else they will get in big shit

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 01:39:15 PM »
i had jury duty last week, but i postponed it till september 12th, but i have to go to that one for sure i think.

im reading the brocheure right now and it says something like if the case is more than 3 days, then i think its 50 dollars a day, but up to 3 days your employer has to pay you for missing work, and they cant fire you or do anything if you miss, or else they will get in big shit
The government forces you to jury duty then makes your employer pay you. Ain't that a bitch.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »
and if youre unemployed? ;D

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 01:40:59 PM »
You can get out of it if you're a business owner, or if your company depends on you to be there everyday to survive.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 01:45:18 PM »
"Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races." -Homer Simpson

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »
I got a jury summon in October 2005. Threw the paper away. No problems. If they wanna start somethin'....I didn't get it  ;D
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

youngmessnucca

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »
I'm not trying to get out of it. I'm have no job, broke as fuck and I wanna know if there is money involved

gss

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 07:20:31 PM »
"Getting out of jury duty is easy. The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races." -Homer Simpson
;D

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
I'm not trying to get out of it. I'm have no job, broke as fuck and I wanna know if there is money involved
in los angeles county you dont get paid for the first day... you get paid i believe its something to the extent of like 15 bucks a day and they cover milage 1 way i believe.... but there is money involved if you get put on a trial which you would usually know after the first day...

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 06:00:15 PM »
forunately if you are on court probation u are excluded. they said crime doesnt pay  ::)