Author Topic: Mobb Deep ft. 50 Cent - Pearly Gates  (Read 1008 times)

jeromechickenbone

Mobb Deep ft. 50 Cent - Pearly Gates
« on: March 18, 2006, 05:18:09 PM »
I won't say where i heard it, but i just peeped it.  Of course 50 is on the hook, and he also has the lead verse.  Not a bad beat, but somewhat busy sounding, like lots of shit going on at once - maybe too much.  But it has a soulful feel to it.  I don't like the hook, cuz 50 has that whiny twang that he used on Window Shopper.  He's trying to be catchy, but it comes off corny to me.  Hav comes off good, Pee is decent - pretty much what you'd expect from him.

Overall, decent track, but I could def do without 50.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mobb Deep ft. 50 Cent - Pearly Gates
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »
i thought it was bad personally, deleted it half way through hav's verse

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 05:30:32 PM »
i thought it was bad personally, deleted it half way through hav's verse

I def feel you.  It's almost like they want to have it both ways - use 50 to get the teeny boppers & Jome, yet try to save their manhood and make harder edged stuff. 

See, we've actually been spoiled.  "Have a Party" was such a terrible song, that any song Mobb & G-Unit drops after that, I'll be like "hey, at least its not as bad as Have a Party.  So to me, this isn't as bad as what the COULD drop with G-Unit.  I listened to the song 3 times - Not cuz I like it, but cuz i was breaking it down in my first post.

Having said that, I WON'T be purchasing Blood Money.

Eihtball

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »
See, we've actually been spoiled.  "Have a Party" was such a terrible song, that any song Mobb & G-Unit drops after that, I'll be like "hey, at least its not as bad as Have a Party.  So to me, this isn't as bad as what the COULD drop with G-Unit.  I listened to the song 3 times - Not cuz I like it, but cuz i was breaking it down in my first post.

I liked "Have A Party"...not as much as "Outta Control", but it was still pretty hot.  Of course, it woulda been hot with almost ANY rapper on that beat.

This song...hmmm, I dunno what to think.  I wasn't expecting anything catchy, but what's surprising is how incredibly bare this beat is.  And I don't mean "raw" like RZA or the Mobb's "Infamous" days, I mean bare as in it doesn't really bring out anything in the rappers on it.  On the other hand, Hav and P do sound a bit revitalized, 50 is decent (except for the hook - I agree that sucks) - but this isn't even what I'd call "soulful".  It just doesn't engage in any sorta way.

I really hope Mobb Deep has better shit to offer on "Blood Money".

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 05:41:02 PM »
Have a party was one of my fav tracks last year. BUT this song is sooo bad. Its aweful in every way. 50's hook is the worst hes ever done, the versuses are bad, and the worst thing is the beat. This is the worst song I've ever heard, and I'm a g-unit fan.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »
wtf are you guys talking about, this actually a really good track.  But your hate for g-unit is so deep that you gotta act like everything they drop is ass.  Fuck outta here.  Some dumb fuck i deleted it half way through hav's verse.  Havoc spit fire on the track, fuck outta here.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 06:25:33 PM »
wtf are you guys talking about, this actually a really good track.  But your hate for g-unit is so deep that you gotta act like everything they drop is ass.  Fuck outta here.  Some dumb fuck i deleted it half way through hav's verse.  Havoc spit fire on the track, fuck outta here.

exactly. you haters make me laugh.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 07:10:22 PM »
this actually a really good track.

Are you sure we listened to the same track? The production is soooo terrible and so is 50's hook.

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 07:18:50 PM »
i hate have a party. it sounds the same as the other guint songs
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 07:22:53 PM »
cept for Nate and a fredwreck beat :P

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 08:20:47 PM »
You guys mean to tell me that this song has got you hype for Blood Money?  I mean, can they make a song / video and not have 50 in it?  Their single is decent, but they couldn't go without puttin 50 in the video.  And this song personifies what I figured was gonna be the essence of this album - 50 putting out some harder edged stuff to try to regain some credibility, Mobb exploiting 50's fanbase to try and go platinum.  It ain't about dope music, it's about first week sales.  Fuck this and all the other so called music that goes this route.

And I don't hate G-Unit, I hate wack music.  It just so happens that almost everything that comes out of G-Unit is bullshit these days. 

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 08:25:17 PM »
the song aint that bad..but they need more

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 02:27:37 AM »
I like the song.The beat is nice, Havoc spits a dope verse, nice 50 verse and hook. But like everbody said they hyped the shit out of this track.Its not that good.

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 02:31:25 AM »
So far, this album is gonna be a 3/3.5 album, not that bad , not that good. This track is ok, nothing special whereas 50 and Mobb Deep hyped it so much in previous articles....

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 02:41:26 AM »
i miss hiphop