Author Topic: Mobb Deep ft. 50 Cent - Pearly Gates  (Read 1010 times)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mobb Deep ft. 50 Cent - Pearly Gates
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 05:06:45 AM »
hate to say, but this shit sucks.. I'm starting to doubt "Blood money" gonna be anything near a good album.
here's the track:
http://rapidshare.de/files/15838521/10_Pearly_Gates_ft_50_Cent_1.MP3.html
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 05:10:08 AM by vetklep2000 »

Efrain

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 12:26:42 PM »
:'(  Maaaaan what the fuck. This is the song that's "gonna have the hood goin crazy"?? yeah right. You would think mobb deep just might be able to get the 1st verse on tracks off their own album but of course 50 all over this crap. This really sucks and I don’t mind 50 at all. But anything more that a single collab track is just him being a egomaniac and the mobb selling out. Like really 50 you know us so well. What the fans need to is more 50 cent. When we buy other rappers records what we really want is to hear you all over their records. fuckin ridiculous, so here we go from the tracks we know of this is the how this album looks

Pearly gates - ft. 50 Cent
The Infamous - ft. 50 Cent
Creep - ft. 50 Cent
Night Rider - ft. Tony Yayo
Give it to Me - ft. Young Buck
You cant get with this - ft. Lloyd Banks

That’s SIX fucking songs with guint all over them. Its sad I love mobb deep but this album is DOA.

herpes

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »
You guys mean to tell me that this song has got you hype for Blood Money?  I mean, can they make a song / video and not have 50 in it?  Their single is decent, but they couldn't go without puttin 50 in the video.  And this song personifies what I figured was gonna be the essence of this album - 50 putting out some harder edged stuff to try to regain some credibility, Mobb exploiting 50's fanbase to try and go platinum.  It ain't about dope music, it's about first week sales.  Fuck this and all the other so called music that goes this route.

And I don't hate G-Unit, I hate wack music.  It just so happens that almost everything that comes out of G-Unit is bullshit these days. 
So according to you, no matter what 50 does he is fucked.  If he tries to make harder edeged stuff hes trying to save face.  If he continues to make poppy stuff he's a sell out destroying hip hop.  second beef i got is, you say its only about 1st week sales.  Its a business first and foremost deal with it.  What mobb deep are supposed to say fuck making money, i rather keep it real.  Fuck outta here.  Your the definition of a hater.  I aint a 50 fan but your opinion holds no weight on the discussion b/c your hate is so thick.  For christ sakes your getting pissed that 50 was in the video.  Big deal its his record lable, g-unit is a crew but you complain about it. Why not complain about Nas always having his crew in his videos back in the day.  Or dipset doing the same.

herpes

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »
i miss hiphop
how isnt this hiphop

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2006, 02:01:20 PM »
I completley agree with Teflon Tom. 50 Cent cant do anything good according to the dubcc.Poor 50.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 02:15:06 PM »
So according to you, no matter what 50 does he is fucked. If he tries to make harder edeged stuff hes trying to save face. If he continues to make poppy stuff he's a sell out destroying hip hop.

Exactly.  But he did that to himself.  He went TOO FAR with this pop bullshit.  And now he's scrambling trying to regain some credibility.  Its exactly what happened to Ja.  And how hot is Ja's career right about now?  If you don't see the parallel between the two, then you're blind.

second beef i got is, you say its only about 1st week sales. Its a business first and foremost deal with it. What mobb deep are supposed to say fuck making money, i rather keep it real. Fuck outta here.

OK.  So your logic concludes that EVERYBODY should be putting out albums with 50, cuz he's been pushin the most units in the past 4 years.  Gotta get that money by any means necessary.  Fuck integrity and artistic nature.  What will you say if this formula backfires and not only does Mobb not go platinum plus, but alienates their loyal fanbase?  Is it still a great business move? FUCK OUTTA HERE. And if you don't know, Mobb has gone Gold numerous times, and has gone platinum as well.

Your the definition of a hater. I aint a 50 fan but your opinion holds no weight on the discussion b/c your hate is so thick. For christ sakes your getting pissed that 50 was in the video. Big deal its his record lable, g-unit is a crew but you complain about it. Why not complain about Nas always having his crew in his videos back in the day. Or dipset doing the same.

You're calling me a hater based on what, the fact that I say G-Unit has been putting out mostly bullshit lately?  Since your such a lobbyist for the business side, check the soundscan.  Their sales are dropping, albums are being pushed back, some acts will never release an album.  The public is realizing that G-Unit is wack bullshit as well.  I guess we're all haters though right?  And if I'm a hater, why do I own GRODT?  Why did I say that Outta Control remix was dope?  Why do I give Buck props, and actually anticipate hearing his newest shit?  Don't speak on shit you don't know dog.

Eihtball

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 03:33:05 PM »
Exactly.  But he did that to himself.  He went TOO FAR with this pop bullshit.  And now he's scrambling trying to regain some credibility.  Its exactly what happened to Ja.  And how hot is Ja's career right about now?  If you don't see the parallel between the two, then you're blind.

50's problem is not that he went pop...he was pop from the very beginning.  For fuck's sake, he was dueting with Destiny's Child on his first single from "Power of the Dollar".  50's problem (and also Ja's) is oversaturation...he doesn't know how to lay low for a year or two in order to let the public start craving more of his product.  All of the most successful rappers in the game (Snoop, Ludacris, Jay-Z, etc.) have had long, stable careers because they know how to time their releases and their appearances just right, and they manage to find a good balance between pop and street.  50 certainly has a good balance between pop and street, but he just needs learn to stop putting out so much product so soon, and he would be a lot more tolerable.  Ja Rule released a new album in which the lead single was always him dueting with J. Lo, R. Kelly, Ashanti, etc. EVERY YEAR - and it was the same damn shit over and over...that's what killed him.

OK.  So your logic concludes that EVERYBODY should be putting out albums with 50, cuz he's been pushin the most units in the past 4 years.  Gotta get that money by any means necessary.  Fuck integrity and artistic nature.  What will you say if this formula backfires and not only does Mobb not go platinum plus, but alienates their loyal fanbase?  Is it still a great business move? FUCK OUTTA HERE. And if you don't know, Mobb has gone Gold numerous times, and has gone platinum as well.

I hate to say it, but YEAH, you do wanna get that money by any means necesary.  It's easy to talk about artistic integrity when you're in the underground and you play to your own little niche amongst the hardcore fans, but it's a lot harder to think that way when you've already done Gold and Platinum sales and you're used to NOT being broke and living in poverty.  And unfortunately, whether we wanna accept it or not, times have changed since the days when Mobb Deep could put out a song like "Shook Ones, Part II" or "Quiet Storm" and have a big hit.  The East Coast right now is all about 50's over-the-top thug posturing and Kanye's revival of the sped-up soul sample...you wanna eat, THAT is the kinda shit you put out.

All I expect from Mobb Deep is that whatever they do, they do it WELL.  If they wanna hang with 50 and have groupies crawling all over them in his videos, that's their choice.  If they were to decide they wanted to rap about Allah and the Supreme Mathematics (I always wondered why they never did this more, given their Five-Percenter backgrounds) alongside Killah Priest and Brand Nubian, that's also their choice.  And if they decide to say fuck 50 and start hanging with Game, Nas, and D-Block and make diss records shouting "G-Unot!", I'd also be fine with that.  But whatever they do, I just want to hear good music - and good music isn't dependent upon how "pop" something is.  I wasn't happy at first when Snoop signed with No Limit, but I eventually stopped caring because the music spoke for itself - Snoop released some of his best albums since "Doggystyle" on that label ("Da Game Is To Be Sold Not Told" notwithstanding, of course).

As far as whether or not being on G-Unit is a good thing for them, I dunno, we'll have to see.  But consider this: It was as big a commercial risk for 50 to sign Mobb Deep as it was an artistic risk for Mobb Deep to sign with 50.  I mean, think about it - Game leaves, and 50 loses the most profitable rapper on his label besides himself.  He could have signed a fresh up-and-coming rapper or group that's getting major rotation on MTV and BET; instead, he signs a pair of washed-up veterans who are still respected in the underground but haven't had a hit single in over five years.  And now that 50 has signed them, he's been giving them more priority than any other act on his label - they came after Spider Loc and Olivia, plus he's also got M.O.P., Mase, and Lil Scrappy down with him, yet he puts out their album first.  Furthermore, he even puts them on his album's four big single (the "Outta Control" remix) to make sure they get plenty of exposure, and in the process gives them one of their biggest hits ever.  Don't you think that's a very good indication that 50 obviously has a lot of respect for Mobb Deep and vice-versa?  He's always said they were one of his favorite groups when he was coming up, and that it's like a dream to work with them - and so far, he seems to be dead serious about that.

So really, if there's anyone here who's considering artistic integrity right now, it's 50 himself - it was a risk for him to sign Mobb Deep, and yet he's determined to see them have success, even if they're not particularly destined for that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 03:42:29 PM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »
that one song with nate dog iz dope az fuck.

herpes

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 04:21:48 PM »

50's problem is not that he went pop...he was pop from the very beginning.  For fuck's sake, he was dueting with Destiny's Child on his first single from "Power of the Dollar".  50's problem (and also Ja's) is oversaturation...he doesn't know how to lay low for a year or two in order to let the public start craving more of his product.  All of the most successful rappers in the game (Snoop, Ludacris, Jay-Z, etc.) have had long, stable careers because they know how to time their releases and their appearances just right, and they manage to find a good balance between pop and street.  50 certainly has a good balance between pop and street, but he just needs learn to stop putting out so much product so soon, and he would be a lot more tolerable.  Ja Rule released a new album in which the lead single was always him dueting with J. Lo, R. Kelly, Ashanti, etc. EVERY YEAR - and it was the same damn shit over and over...that's what killed him.

I hate to say it, but YEAH, you do wanna get that money by any means necesary.  It's easy to talk about artistic integrity when you're in the underground and you play to your own little niche amongst the hardcore fans, but it's a lot harder to think that way when you've already done Gold and Platinum sales and you're used to NOT being broke and living in poverty.  And unfortunately, whether we wanna accept it or not, times have changed since the days when Mobb Deep could put out a song like "Shook Ones, Part II" or "Quiet Storm" and have a big hit.  The East Coast right now is all about 50's over-the-top thug posturing and Kanye's revival of the sped-up soul sample...you wanna eat, THAT is the kinda shit you put out.

All I expect from Mobb Deep is that whatever they do, they do it WELL.  If they wanna hang with 50 and have groupies crawling all over them in his videos, that's their choice.  If they were to decide they wanted to rap about Allah and the Supreme Mathematics (I always wondered why they never did this more, given their Five-Percenter backgrounds) alongside Killah Priest and Brand Nubian, that's also their choice.  And if they decide to say fuck 50 and start hanging with Game, Nas, and D-Block and make diss records shouting "G-Unot!", I'd also be fine with that.  But whatever they do, I just want to hear good music - and good music isn't dependent upon how "pop" something is.  I wasn't happy at first when Snoop signed with No Limit, but I eventually stopped caring because the music spoke for itself - Snoop released some of his best albums since "Doggystyle" on that label ("Da Game Is To Be Sold Not Told" notwithstanding, of course).

As far as whether or not being on G-Unit is a good thing for them, I dunno, we'll have to see.  But consider this: It was as big a commercial risk for 50 to sign Mobb Deep as it was an artistic risk for Mobb Deep to sign with 50.  I mean, think about it - Game leaves, and 50 loses the most profitable rapper on his label besides himself.  He could have signed a fresh up-and-coming rapper or group that's getting major rotation on MTV and BET; instead, he signs a pair of washed-up veterans who are still respected in the underground but haven't had a hit single in over five years.  And now that 50 has signed them, he's been giving them more priority than any other act on his label - they came after Spider Loc and Olivia, plus he's also got M.O.P., Mase, and Lil Scrappy down with him, yet he puts out their album first.  Furthermore, he even puts them on his album's four big single (the "Outta Control" remix) to make sure they get plenty of exposure, and in the process gives them one of their biggest hits ever.  Don't you think that's a very good indication that 50 obviously has a lot of respect for Mobb Deep and vice-versa?  He's always said they were one of his favorite groups when he was coming up, and that it's like a dream to work with them - and so far, he seems to be dead serious about that.

So really, if there's anyone here who's considering artistic integrity right now, it's 50 himself - it was a risk for him to sign Mobb Deep, and yet he's determined to see them have success, even if they're not particularly destined for that.
say word, they have been in the game for 12 years isnt it time they deserve to get paid.  They have dropped classic after classic in the 90's yet fans want more.  For the most part the stuff they have dropped on g-unit has been decent.  Sure there are g-unit reference but for the most part the music would of sounded the same regardless.  it sounds like stuff off of Amerikaz Nightmare.  The biggest problem with Mobb Deep is the fact pee fell off, but 50 had nothing to do with that.  If anything since he signed to g-unit atleast he doesnt sound like hes on his death bed when he rhymes.  And Jrome, Mobb Deep has never going platinum.  There best selling record was murda muzik and i think that was in the 800,000-900,000 album range.  I think Amerikaz Nightmare has just cracked gold but im not even sure about that one.  So they were losing exposure.  As much a joke Pee is and how bad they fallen off they deserve to get shine.

Eihtball

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »
And Jrome, Mobb Deep has never going platinum.  There best selling record was murda muzik and i think that was in the 800,000-900,000 album range.  I think Amerikaz Nightmare has just cracked gold but im not even sure about that one.  So they were losing exposure. 

"Murda Muzik" was certified Platinum...check the RIAA site.  I dunno how much it sold (you can actually get certified Platinum for selling 900,000 copies), but the certification is there to prove it.  And "Amerikaz Nightmare" didn't go Gold.  But yeah, it's true their popularity declined.

herpes

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 04:36:02 PM »
And Jrome, Mobb Deep has never going platinum.  There best selling record was murda muzik and i think that was in the 800,000-900,000 album range.  I think Amerikaz Nightmare has just cracked gold but im not even sure about that one.  So they were losing exposure. 

"Murda Muzik" was certified Platinum...check the RIAA site.  I dunno how much it sold (you can actually get certified Platinum for selling 900,000 copies), but the certification is there to prove it.  And "Amerikaz Nightmare" didn't go Gold.  But yeah, it's true their popularity declined.
Yea b/c you can get it certified if you ship over a million not actually sell a million.

Eihtball

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 04:41:18 PM »
Yea b/c you can get it certified if you ship over a million not actually sell a million.

Exactly...that's how Paul Wall got certified Platinum for selling less than 700,000 copies of "The People's Champ".  Doesn't surprise me, either...every store I've been to has a zillion copies of the album that haven't been purchased yet.

Mr. Humonculous

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 05:57:31 AM »
i like it good song

Jome

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2006, 08:13:32 AM »
Didn't like Pearly Gates, and not too excited about the first single.  :-\

Poppin Bottles, L'ecole du crime, The Infamous, Gangbang Music, How you survive, <<-- All dope, wish they could get some more shit like this for the album, but the 2 first tracks doesn't look promising.
At least that "Horror flick" track is dope, that's supposed to be on the album.

Eihtball

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2006, 04:38:14 PM »
Gangbang Music

That song actually grew on me...Yayo actually did a nice hook for that joint.

"You A Shooter" is also pretty good, more cause of the beat than the lyrics, tho.