Author Topic: Interesting clips from old magazines...  (Read 150 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Interesting clips from old magazines...
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:09:35 AM »
i been getting a few old magazines lately and its interesting reading some of the shit!

Heres a few interesting things from 1993 Rolling Stone with Dre n Snoop on the cover:

about Dre:

"Last year part of his house burned down in a conflagration that injured two firefighters. Later he was arrested by mounted Police in a New rleans hotel lobby after a fracas that allegegly resulted in the battery of an Officer...... Then Dre was convicted (misdemeanor assault) of breaking the jaw of an aspiring record producer, shackeled with a tracking device and sentenced to house arrest"

does anyoe know anymore about that part? who was the producer?

"Daz and Snoop and Kurupt slouch over their legal pads, peeking over each others shoulders like three kids cheating on an exam. Daz gets to practice his new rap in a back corner away from the others; Kurupt wheels his chair over toward Snoop and says' "Ive got that shit, man. Ive got the crazy shit." Snoop listens to his friend rap for a bit, shrugs and goes back to his own rhyme. Kurupt is crushed."

lmao, that part always made me laugh.. kurupt was crushed.. lol

"Everybody who walks has something he or she can do in the studio," Dre says. "Every person walking has some kind of talent that they can get on tape. I can take anybody who reads this magazine and make a hit record on him. You don't have to rap. You can do anything. You can go intothe studio and talk. I can take a fuckin' 3-year-old and make a hit record on him. God Blessed me with this gift."

dam he was confident with his shit!

and from Blaze- Dec/Jan 2000 issue

"Cubes notable absence from the Chronicsequel isnt for a lack of trying. "He must not be feeling my shit." Dre laughs. "I asked him to get on my album, and heasked for five tracks to write over. He came by to get 'em and he never called back. I ain't heard shit, and that was over nine months ago! I even called him a few times, but he ain't never call me back. If he didn't like 'em or had a problem, he couldv'e just called and told me"

theres alot more little things i wanna type but i dont have time rite now.. add on to the list! or just comment about them!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 11:21:32 AM by LAZY »

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
Re: Interesting clips from old magazines...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »
and people wonder why kurupt isnt the same lyricly anymore.

kurupt was crushed

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 11:31:41 AM »
I've read the Rolling Stone article before. That piece about Cube was interesting.

Props homie.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 11:47:39 AM »
i been getting a few old magazines lately and its interesting reading some of the shit!

Heres a few interesting things from 1993 Rolling Stone with Dre n Snoop on the cover:

about Dre:

"Last year part of his house burned down in a conflagration that injured two firefighters. Later he was arrested by mounted Police in a New rleans hotel lobby after a fracas that allegegly resulted in the battery of an Officer...... Then Dre was convicted (misdemeanor assault) of breaking the jaw of an aspiring record producer, shackeled with a tracking device and sentenced to house arrest"

does anyoe know anymore about that part? who was the producer?

Damon Thomas, in Have Gun Will Travel it says Dre was with a woman, leaving her home, when she saw a guy she thought had slept with her 14 year old neice. Dre claims it was the woman that hit him (says here he suffered broken ribs and a shattered jaw).