Author Topic: Afgan May Get Death Sentance for Converting To Christianity  (Read 1057 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Afgan May Get Death Sentance for Converting To Christianity
« on: March 20, 2006, 07:49:28 AM »
Afghan on trial for Christianity
An Afghan man is being tried in a court in the capital, Kabul, for converting from Islam to Christianity.
Abdul Rahman is charged with rejecting Islam and could face the death sentence under Sharia law unless he recants.

He converted 16 years ago as an aid worker helping refugees in Pakistan. His estranged family denounced him in a custody dispute over his two children.

It is thought to be Afghanistan's first such trial, reflecting tensions between conservative clerics and reformists.

Conservatives still dominate the Afghan judiciary four years after the Taleban were overthrown.

The BBC's Mike Donkin in Kabul says reformists, like the government under President Hamid Karzai, want a more liberal, secular legal system but under the present constitution it is hard for them to intervene.

'Tolerance'

Afghanistan's post-Taleban constitution is based on Sharia law, and prosecutors in the case says this means Abdul Rahman, whose trial began last Thursday, should be put to death.

We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him
Trial judge Ansarullah Mawlazezadah 

When he was arrested last month he was found to be carrying a bible and charged with rejecting Islam which is punishable by death in Afghanistan.

Trial judge Ansarullah Mawlazezadah told the BBC that Mr Rahman, 41, would be asked to reconsider his conversion, which he made while working for a Christian aid group in Pakistan.

"We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance. We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him," the judge told the BBC on Monday.

But if he refused to reconvert, then his mental state would be considered first before he was dealt with under Sharia law, the judge added.

He said he expected the case to take about two months to be heard.

Precedent

The Afghan Human Rights Commission has called for a better balance in the judiciary, with fewer judges advocating Sharia law and more judges with a wider legal background.

Several journalists have been prosecuted under blasphemy laws in post-Taleban Afghanistan.

The editor of a women's rights magazine was convicted of insulting Islam and sentenced to death last year - but was later released after an apology and heavy international pressure.

Mr Karzai's office says the president will not intervene in the case.

Observers say executing a converted Christian would be a significant precedent as a conservative interpretation of Sharia law in Afghanistan.

But it would also outrage Western nations which put Mr Karzai in power and are pouring billions of dollars into supporting the country.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/south_asia/4823874.stm

Published: 2006/03/20 13:15:27 GMT

funny i remember bush's last press conference with the afgan president and one of the topics they were talking about were freedom to chose your religion

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Afgan May Get Death Sentance for Converting To Christianity
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:51:18 AM »
Wow that's insane.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:56:05 AM »

But it would also outrage Western nations which put Mr Karzai in power and are pouring billions of dollars into supporting the country.

prediction: it won't go down... money >> politics >> religion.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 11:09:23 AM »
lol @ the judge's quote
"We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance. We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him," the judge told the BBC on Monday

i think it'll go down since karzai hasnt done shit about it thus far. and an additional lol goes out to the bush administration for lookin like idiots.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:40 AM »
"We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance

what kind of tolerance is this, the guy is about to get killed for changing religion

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
^^I know. It's some crazy shit.
Afghanistan's post-Taleban constitution is based on Sharia law, and prosecutors in the case says this means Abdul Rahman, whose trial began last Thursday, should be put to death.

When he was arrested last month he was found to be carrying a bible and charged with rejecting Islam which is punishable by death in Afghanistan.
"We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 04:28:12 PM »
Plain and simple, they are barbaric.

They have to make rules preventing people from converting to other religions because they know Christianity is superior.

coola

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 05:08:55 PM »
LMAO... so tolerant the only way to live is through oppression and rejection of values... what cunts.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »
Plain and simple, they are barbaric.

They have to make rules preventing people from converting to other religions because they know Christianity is superior.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:15:49 PM »
i think what some of you guys might've missed was the part of the conservative judges that are still in charge.
The BBC's Mike Donkin in Kabul says reformists, like the government under President Hamid Karzai, want a more liberal, secular legal system but under the present constitution it is hard for them to intervene.
so just imagine the KKK was in the supreme court and started hanging blacks. it's not like a public hanging or anything. i'm sure the afghan public gives 2 shits about some guy converting to christianity. we got mohammed ali & malcolm X. who the fuck do you have? Son of Sam & Gary Busey  :P

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 06:19:45 PM »
i think what some of you guys might've missed was the part of the conservative judges that are still in charge.
so just imagine the KKK was in the supreme court and started hanging blacks. it's not like a public hanging or anything. i'm sure the afghan public gives 2 shits about some guy converting to christianity. we got mohammed ali & malcolm X. who the fuck do you have? Son of Sam & Gary Busey  :P
LOL at you comparing Malcom X to Son of Sam. That's just stupid. Your bascilly taking the best of the best and placing them with the worst of the worst. That ain't really fair, in fact it's a little stupid.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »
Christianity is superior.

Yeah... and the color blue is superior to the color red...

you really don't know how stupid you sound, do you? Then again, being extremely dumb is the trademark of a Polack.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »
so just imagine the KKK was in the supreme court and started hanging blacks. it's not like a public hanging or anything. i'm sure the afghan public gives 2 shits about some guy converting to christianity. we got mohammed ali & malcolm X. who the fuck do you have? Son of Sam & Gary Busey :P
LOL at you comparing Malcom X to Son of Sam. That's just stupid. Your bascilly taking the best of the best and placing them with the worst of the worst. That ain't really fair, in fact it's a little stupid.

i was jus jokin ted, cwalker comes in here with his bullshit racism so i throw one back at him.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 06:34:15 PM by h cottie »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 06:38:13 PM »
so just imagine the KKK was in the supreme court and started hanging blacks. it's not like a public hanging or anything. i'm sure the afghan public gives 2 shits about some guy converting to christianity. we got mohammed ali & malcolm X. who the fuck do you have? Son of Sam & Gary Busey :P
i was jus jokin ted, cwalker comes in here with his bullshit racism so i throw one back at him.
O, I see.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 07:05:50 PM »
O, I see.

lol i just read ur signature at the bottom of ur sig. u get a prop.