Author Topic: What book changed your life?  (Read 659 times)

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
What book changed your life?
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:18:22 AM »
What book made you think otherwise than you always did? What are really interesting books to read?

Imma start off with Machiavelli - The Prince.. Really interesting about power and everything.

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: What book changed your life?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:03:31 AM »
i'm only halfway thru the book but the autobiography of Malcolm X is a very powerful book. and i hear it only gets better  :)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:25:38 AM »
Think Big by Preston Manning.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:44:40 PM »
can't say any book has changed me (that i know of anyway). i wanna read machiavelli though, i heard it was mad interesting in a thought-provoking and psychological way.

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 12:06:44 AM »
can't say any book has changed me (that i know of anyway). i wanna read machiavelli though, i heard it was mad interesting in a thought-provoking and psychological way.

Very true..

Think Big by Preston Manning.
Imma read that one..

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:05:53 AM »
First and foremost the Noble Qu'ran.

But before I was a Muslim.  When I had no knowledge and no giudance.  There were 3 books I read when I was 18 that helped turn my life around and lead me to Islam.

Jordan Maxwell-  Matrix of Power-  Allah knows best if what he says is true, but regardless, some of the information in their can not be denied.  Like what he says about Hollywood being a means of controlling the masses.  They make a movie about somebody undergoing great hardships and then overcoming all obstacles and finding love, fame and fortune on the other side.  So vicariously that is used to pacify us, and we never end up living our own lives.

Celestine Prophecies-  By James Redfield-  Book talks about energy and interpersonal ethic.  It breaks down life also from a historical perspective, and shows how man is caught up in the bondage of control drama's, in which we fight to steal energy from others.  He explains how we can break this cycle.

Nathan McCall-  Makes Me Wanna Holler-  A coming of age story.  This is the biography of a man who turned his life around while in prison.  One of the factors that turned his life around was Islam.  He describes in detail the transformation.  He later became a writer/editor for the Washington Post.

After becoming a Muslim

Autobiography of Malcolm X-  smartest man in modern history.

Revolution By The Book-  Jamil Al Amin-  Black Panther revolutionary H. Rap Browne, went to prison in the 70's and converted to Islam.  Now he views Islam as the only viable system for struggle.

Natural Psychology of Human Transformation-  by Naim Akbar-  Taught me about man's higher purpose.  And how to mature past the baby stages of food, clothing, and shelter.

Soul On Ice-  Eldridge Cleaver-  taught me a great deal about world polotics, the 60's, and race relations.  Also improved my vocabulary immensely.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 07:10:33 AM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

coola

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:24:41 AM »
hustler... i have never been the same since.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 12:07:32 PM »

by walter tevis?

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 12:10:48 PM »
no book has ever changed my life and I don't think one ever would.
NO MORE WAR

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »
no book has ever changed my life and I don't think one ever would.

give the malcolm x book a try, i guarantee you won't be the same as you were before.
malcolm was a GANGSTA b4 he got locked up, like straight up harlem to the fullest.
you learn a lot about racial tension back in the 30's & 40's and all the crazy shit that went on you would never think of.

coola

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 05:20:14 PM »

by walter tevis?

larry flint.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »
Get Rich or Die Trying... i start gangbangin after reading that shit yo!

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 06:30:25 PM »

herpes

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 07:03:05 PM »
Sex after 40

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 07:06:43 PM »
holy bible