Author Topic: So was Daz writing for Ja Rule  (Read 804 times)

KURUPTION-81

So was Daz writing for Ja Rule
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:58:25 AM »
"MURDA FOR LIFE
PEFORMED BY JA RULE
Written By Delmar Arnaud Produced By Dat Ni**a Daz Suge Knight Publishing/WB Music Corp/Antraphill Music/Sharon Hill Music/Suge Publishing/WB Music Corp"

This is from the 2 gangsta 4 radio booklet, personally i dont think he was as Ja Rule is not the only artist on the track, blakchild and vita r on there also. For some reason none of them r credited , anyone know why ???

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mygla

Re: So was Daz writing for Ja Rule
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »
that was a remake of Dogg Pound 4 Life if i remember it correctly... dunno how much they jacked, that's probably the reason tho...

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 09:47:36 AM »
^ correct.. they jacked the beat..

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 11:18:19 AM »
IF ANY ONE REMEMBERS THAT ABOUT THE TIME SNOOP AND THEM WHERE DISS EACH OTHER. CALLIN' OUT NAMES. WELL, JA JACKED THEY BEAT LISTEN TO THE FIRST PART. CADDY SAY SOMETHING LIKE WE JACKED UR SHIT. DAZ PRODUCED THE BEAT SO, THATS WHY ITS CREDITED THAT WAY. FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 07:18:55 PM »
yeah and im sure Suge came up with the idea of giving Murder Inc a Daz
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

eNgIeS

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 10:16:34 PM »
they not only jacked the beat some of rap & the flow of the song was the same

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 10:42:38 AM »
daz wasnt writing for ja rule ever, daz produced the beat originally for dpg, and ja just rapped over the instrumental.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 12:13:49 PM »
It says written by D. Arnaud because Daz is the producer of the beat that was sampled; therefore he gets writing credits. Doesn't mean he wrote any actual lyrics for Ja Rule.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 10:19:18 PM »
On the same album why was there a LOX song??....And are they talkin bout ne1 in perticular??.....Seems kind of strange that former Bad Boy rappers would b on a deathrow compilation.

The Maestro

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:40:52 AM »
On the same album why was there a LOX song??....And are they talkin bout ne1 in perticular??.....Seems kind of strange that former Bad Boy rappers would b on a deathrow compilation.
ruff ryders and murder inc had business with deathrow. if u can sell a throwaway song for like 30 g example, then u gonna do it aint ya?  8)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 10:26:11 AM »
It says written by D. Arnaud because Daz is the producer of the beat that was sampled; therefore he gets writing credits. Doesn't mean he wrote any actual lyrics for Ja Rule.

that is true but it says written by D.Arnaud and performed by Ja Rule, surely if Ja wrote some of it he should be credited as a writer otherwise he wont get his publishing ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 01:58:25 PM »

that is true but it says written by D.Arnaud and performed by Ja Rule, surely if Ja wrote some of it he should be credited as a writer otherwise he wont get his publishing ?
irv probably sold the song to suge.

The Watcher

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 04:47:13 PM »
The LOX & Suge have always been cool, they were gonna sign to Death Row before signin to Bad Boy
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 12:25:14 AM »
The LOX & Suge have always been cool, they were gonna sign to Death Row before signin to Bad Boy

Thanks. I wish they did.....Come 2 think of it on a jada album theres a line that sez

"You faggot ni99as heard Suge Knight, double R the oly niggaz he respectin, yall shook right?"......

The Maestro

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »

Thanks. I wish they did.....Come 2 think of it on a jada album theres a line that sez

"You faggot ni99as heard Suge Knight, double R the oly niggaz he respectin, yall shook right?"......
i think that was drag-on. off its time i see you.