Author Topic: Biggie's "Ready to Die" Album banned from Shelves...  (Read 954 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Biggie's "Ready to Die" Album banned from Shelves...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »
Its sampled in the song "Ready To Die".  And I'm pretty sure it's legit.  It was pretty common back in the day to sample a song and never credit it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »
this shit is WACK by the way..... i cant believe it... its like going back and saying something like "Thriller" cant be sold.... just classic

Well if Rod Temperton came out and said Quincy or Sony never opaid for the rights to the song Thriller and Temperton owned it then the album could be pulled off the shelves. (Of course Rod Temperton did sign over the rights if he ever had them to begin with and there is no problem but I'm just saying in theory).

soopa-man

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 08:29:41 PM »
i actually still got the my OG copy of the album and the Remastered copy..so im but i went to buy Tales From The Crypt DVD at Tower Records and shyt i seen two copies of "Ready To Die" in the aisle and was like fuck it, this shit might happen where there isnt any for awhile imma cop it and keep the receipt and remember the day i got dooped into buying another album i already had

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 09:53:04 PM »
Off topic a lil but why did Suge give Biggie permission 2 use a Dr Dre sample on "Thinngs done changed"?.....Was there no beef when Ready 2 die dropped or sumthin??

The Maestro

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 10:59:01 PM »
It's a conspiracy by all the wack rappers so that they can get their shit sold.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 06:53:09 AM »
Off topic a lil but why did Suge give Biggie permission 2 use a Dr Dre sample on "Thinngs done changed"?.....Was there no beef when Ready 2 die dropped or sumthin??

If you check the tank you section at the back of Read To Die you'll see a nice big thank you to Tupac Shakur. New York New York hadn't dropped yet, I don't think. I'm pretty sure the beef hadn't started yet, if memory serves me right.

herpes

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 10:31:19 AM »

If you check the tank you section at the back of Read To Die you'll see a nice big thank you to Tupac Shakur. New York New York hadn't dropped yet, I don't think. I'm pretty sure the beef hadn't started yet, if memory serves me right.
Pac wasnt even on death row yet, hell pac had not even of been shot yet.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 09:45:33 PM »

Pac wasnt even on death row yet, hell pac had not even of been shot yet.

Yeah, Ready to Die was released a couple months before Pac got shot.

BadAzz4001

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 10:12:44 PM »
FUckers should have said somthin when the album dropped, not like fuckin 11 yrs later an shit

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 01:08:48 AM »

Aight thanks. When did Ready 2 die drop?.....94 or sumthin?...

The Maestro

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 01:17:15 AM »
  It was pretty common back in the day to sample a song and never credit it.
and still is, maybe a lil bit less  8)