Author Topic: Question for the Moslems  (Read 1069 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Question for the Moslems
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 09:00:16 PM »

What would be the point of that then ? God won't care if you do good stuff, lead a good life, please others, but if you dont directly associate with him then you're screwed? Seems very dumb

The point is that Muslims believe strongly in sincerity of intention.  Sincerity of intention is crucial in combating pride, selfishness, arrogance, vanity, and showboating.  Our religion should not be for show, or to be seen of men, but rather our religion should be an effort towards seeking the pleasure of the Most High.  The best way for Muslims to get all their good deeds accepted is to do them for the sake of Allah only. 

For example, many people do good deeds and spend so that others will think more highly of them, or because they are expecting something in return.  But Allah instructs Muslims in the Qu'ran that it is better to give charity in secret, then it is to give in the open.  A person giving in secret is expecting his reward from Allah and nobody else, what is truly important is to be pious in the eyes of Allah. 

One more example is fasting.  Fasting teaches Muslims Allah-consciousness.  Because when a Muslim fasts, technically they could sneak some food or water while nobody is watching; but a Muslim learns that even when nobody is around Allah is watching.  So they endure great physical and mental struggle for the pleasure of Allah only.  There was this young highschool kid who is Catholic but he still comes to the mosque anyway (we still don't know exactly why).  Anyway, he said for a school project he was going to fast the month of Ramaddan.  He only made it a week.   I told him that the reason why this happened is because he was doing it for a school project.  I told him that next year he should do it for the sake of God only and that he would have greater success.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 09:06:20 PM by Islamic Khalifah Sultan Abdul Hameed- 1908- »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »

What would be the point of that then ? God won't care if you do good stuff, lead a good life, please others, but if you dont directly associate with him then you're screwed? Seems very dumb

The point is that Muslims believe strongly in sincerity of intention.  Sincerity of intention is crucial in combating pride, selfishness, arrogance, vanity, and showboating.  Our religion should not be for show, or to be seen of men, but rather our religion should be an effort towards seeking the pleasure of the Most High.  The best way for Muslims to get all their good deeds accepted is to do them for the sake of Allah only. 

For example, many people do good deeds and spend so that others will think more highly of them, or because they are expecting something in return.  But Allah instructs Muslims in the Qu'ran that it is better to give charity in secret, then it is to give in the open.  A person giving in secret is expecting his reward from Allah and nobody else, what is truly important is to be pious in the eyes of Allah. 

One more example is fasting.  Fasting teaches Muslims Allah-consciousness.  Because when a Muslim fasts, technically they could sneak some food or water while nobody is watching; but a Muslim learns that even when nobody is around Allah is watching.  So they endure great physical and mental struggle for the pleasure of Allah only.  There was this young highschool kid who is Catholic but he still comes to the mosque anyway (we still don't know exactly why).  Anyway, he said for a school project he was going to fast the month of Ramaddan.  He only made it a week.   I told him that the reason why this happened is because he was doing it for a school project.  I told him that next year he should do it for the sake of God only and that he would have greater success.
But the bible has those two exact concepts also, fasting and giving in secret, whats the distinction between the two? Why is it bad to be christian or w/e and not muslim

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 11:22:23 PM »

But the bible has those two exact concepts also, fasting and giving in secret, whats the distinction between the two? Why is it bad to be christian or w/e and not muslim

It's not bad, I didn't say it was.  The point is sincerity, and to prove ones sincerity they should not do an act for show or for selfish reasons.  A Christian will be compensated for that which they do in a sincere effort to please God.  God (Allah) says in the Qu'ran in verses 2:62 and 5:69 something to the effect of...

Surely those who believe,
those who are Jewish,
the Christians,
the converts;
anyone who
1) Believes in God, and
2) Believes in the hereafter, and
3) leads a righteous life,
will recieve their recompense from their Lord;
they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:24:21 PM by Islamic Khalifah Sultan Abdul Hameed- 1908- »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 11:39:23 PM »
because the kid only did it for school, and not for god, and only last a week doesnt mean he is selfish, it means

he hasnt been fasting since birth and his body couldnt tolerate abuse of the body like you have obviously gotten used to

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 12:59:52 AM »
because the kid only did it for school, and not for god, and only last a week doesnt mean he is selfish, it means

he hasnt been fasting since birth and his body couldnt tolerate abuse of the body like you have obviously gotten used to

no, I grew up the same way he did.  He's an 18 year old kid.  I was 18 when I converted to Islam.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 03:13:21 PM »

no, I grew up the same way he did.  He's an 18 year old kid.  I was 18 when I converted to Islam.

LOL, ok then, maybe he walked past KFC and gave in

but still its abuse of the body whichever way u look at it