Author Topic: the one problem i have with this board and islam.  (Read 1625 times)

coola

the one problem i have with this board and islam.
« on: March 26, 2006, 03:57:38 AM »
why is it the muslims on this board feel the need to push their religion onto others ?

coola

Re: the one problem i have with this board and islam.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 04:03:21 AM »
i'm not promoting any religion, i dont have faith in religion, but i'm sick of people on this board praising islam like its the best thing since cooked food... the only reason i'm bringing this shit up is to keep a balance happening, because this board is flooded with islamic bullshit, i am happy to mingle with people from any background, but not when they are hammering bullshit into everyones heads.

all i'm saying is you dont see any born again christians promoting their shit, or buddhists trying to get everyone to convert... so why do muslims feel the need ?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 06:08:13 AM »
Need for attention. Most of them are fine though, like Jamal and Tech don't preach. In fact there's only one or two that do.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 06:26:16 AM »
MAN ISLAM IS GREAT YOU ALL NEED TO CONVERT AND SHIT
United Arab States

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:12:42 AM »
why is it the muslims on this board feel the need to push their religion onto others ?

man no one cares about ur problems......
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 10:58:51 AM »
Need for attention. Most of them are fine though, like Jamal and Tech don't preach. In fact there's only one or two that do.

lol i dont preach either  ;D

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 11:00:22 AM »

He was asking a question.  You cared enough to take the time to read it and post a reply.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 11:40:44 AM »
i'm not promoting any religion, i dont have faith in religion, but i'm sick of people on this board praising islam like its the best thing since cooked food... the only reason i'm bringing this shit up is to keep a balance happening, because this board is flooded with islamic bullshit, i am happy to mingle with people from any background, but not when they are hammering bullshit into everyones heads.

all i'm saying is you dont see any born again christians promoting their shit, or buddhists trying to get everyone to convert... so why do muslims feel the need ?

i agree with you in the sense that there is a redundancy in topics, and a board like this needs a diversity in topics.

if you look at the progression of the discussion, the imbalance started with discussions of the u.s. occupation of iraq, hamas winning the palesinian elections and that conflict with israel, the danish cartoons...etc.  each of those discussions have been characterized by assaults on islam; then defense..etc.

the conversation now is just a progression from that.  the unfortunate aspect to this is that it isn't even a legitimate theological debate.  i think it would be more interesting if people debated the theology & philosophy behind their beliefs, but instead it's degenerated into attacks on islam and also christianity.

i dont have faith in religion, but i'm sick of people on this board praising islam like its the best thing since cooked food...

cooked food often destroys the nutrients (especially microwaved) so i think you could argue that islam is better. 

also, that statement that you made just begs the question "why don't you believe in religion?";  which could very easily turn into a session of proselytizing.  so in the same breath as expressing frustration for proselytizing, you indirectly opened the door for even more...

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »

i dont have faith in religion, but i'm sick of people on this board praising islam like its the best thing since cooked food...

cooked food often destroys the nutrients (especially microwaved) so i think you could argue that islam is better. 

also, that statement that you made just begs the question "why don't you believe in religion?";  which could very easily turn into a session of proselytizing.  so in the same breath as expressing frustration for proselytizing, you indirectly opened the door for even more...

Now that's some hardcore smartass talk. Props.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 02:16:48 PM »

speak when spoken to

He was asking a question.  You cared enough to take the time to read it and post a reply.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »
I agree with Cap'

the worst thing to do is to tell someone what to do and put shit in their faces

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »

its obvious u dont know anything about buddhists so u shouldnt compare them to christians and muslims. buddhists dont go trying to convert others. and to dissapoint u, in boston i have people my age coming up to me starting a conversation and inviting me to their church all the time. this happend is southafrica as well. muslims and christians seem to want to convert eachother.
i agree with u on the islam preaching though. its fucking annoying, especially when ure anti religion/anti god like me. but everyone has the right to post their thoughts.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 09:53:28 PM »

If you look, most threads in which Islam is discussed are actually started by people who aren't Muslims (including this one), and many times it is started by people who are actually against Muslims (including this one).

Allah says in the Qu'ran verse 2:256 that there is "No compulsion in religion".  As Muslims, we it is wrong for us to "force" our religion on anyone.  However, it is okay for us to proclaim and call others towards the religion.  The Qu'ran says something to this effect in 2:159:160 that Allah condemns those who conceal the truth after it has been revealed to them, but that for those who proclaim Islam, Allah is the Redeemer and he is Most-Merciful.

Myself, I'm only expressing my thoughts and my way of life at this forum just like anyone else.  The difference is that I'm a Muslim, so Islam influences the way I express myself.  As should anything that someone believes strongly in.  Let's be honest with ourselves, if you really believed in a higher power, wouldn't it make sense that that higher power would take priority over all other things, and be the center of your life? 

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 10:26:43 PM »
i agree with infinite..most threads that have to do with islam is created by people who aren't muslim and many times it IS started by people who are actually against islam. so it's basically you ridin our dicks.  :P

there have been limited amount of topics in which muslims actually create a thread that has to do with islam. infinite bein the only one on the most recent page in the train of thought and that was only 1 thread.

chief u create most of the topics that hafta do with islam so you basically have a problem with yourself. :loco:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 10:32:35 PM by h cottie »

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 10:31:06 PM »
and to further re-iterate infinite's statement. it is wrong for muslims to force islam upon others. the only muslim on this board that creates islamic threads/topics is infinite, and he is only talkin to the other muslims on the board (which is not wrong)...

it is your choice if you want to read it or not. nobody's forcing you to press that mouse button.

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8