Author Topic: Seal Hunt in Canada  (Read 274 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Seal Hunt in Canada
« on: March 26, 2006, 02:33:08 PM »
i dunno if a lot ppl have heard/read about this.

basically it's again time for the seal hunt in Canada close by the Atlantic Ocean.

there are protestors saying the seal hunt is animal cruelty and they called for a ban to it; i think they also said to boycott Canadian fish products.

the hunters though said it is important because it brings in their income; it is also a cultural practice for Inuits and Aboriginals.

here is an article that goes a lot more into detail:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060326/ap_on_re_ca/canada_seal_hunt;_ylt=AjxCAo8BTsBcHsj4nPilPb.s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MzV0MTdmBHNlYwM3NTM-

so, what do you guys think? should be allowed or should it be banned?

personally i have mixed emotions; i dont like the idea of killing a seal.
but then on the other hand, people kill cows, chickens and other animals as well either to hunt or for food or other things.
plus it is how fishermen make an income for their families.

so yeah, that's my opinion. what you guys thinks?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Seal Hunt in Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 02:38:20 PM »
I don't care as long as the seal is being used.  Like you said.. people kill cows, chickens, and other animals and I'm cool with that as long as they're being used for food/clothes.  Mindlessly killing animals for sport is another story though.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 02:41:34 PM »
I don't care as long as the seal is being used. Like you said.. people kill cows, chickens, and other animals and I'm cool with that as long as they're being used for food/clothes. Mindlessly killing animals for sport is another story though.

agreed and as long as the seal isnt endangered of becoming extinct. i think right now there is an adequate seal population to allow for this event but not long ago overhunting brought down the popultaion to an alarming number. as long as they dont hunt and maintain control of how much hunting goes on im aight wit it.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 04:10:40 PM »
If they don't kill the seals there will be a huge overpopulation, then they will eat more fish. It's a bad cycle that could follow. As well, it is part of the culture of N&L and PEI, as well as a huge part of their income.

There's a LOT of misinformation out there propagated by celebrities. For example, it is often shown that their is clubbing of white coat seal pups; completely false. They've been using those videos since 1978. The killing of white seal pups was outlawed decades ago, and nowadays over 90% of the seals are killed by bullet.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 06:04:32 PM »
there is 7 million seal in the northern atlantic. it's too much, they are all decimating all the cod.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 06:08:25 PM »
If they don't kill the seals there will be a huge overpopulation, then they will eat more fish. It's a bad cycle that could follow. As well, it is part of the culture of N&L and PEI, as well as a huge part of their income.

There's a LOT of misinformation out there propagated by celebrities. For example, it is often shown that their is clubbing of white coat seal pups; completely false. They've been using those videos since 1978. The killing of white seal pups was outlawed decades ago, and nowadays over 90% of the seals are killed by bullet.

white seals is a baby seal in fact. I like how someone said that These celebrities come here with their private jet and their millions and tell people that live with 30 000$ a year how to live

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 07:01:40 PM »

white seals is a baby seal in fact. I like how someone said that These celebrities come here with their private jet and their millions and tell people that live with 30 000$ a year how to live

Yeah I totally agree with it. Some people were saying "Well the government can just compensate them." Fuck that, compensate them with your millions.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 05:40:32 PM »
another thing about these celebrities is that they say the seal hunt is creul but in so many other parts of the world, other animals are brutally murdered

like somebody else made a forum on dubcc i think in the g-spot, in china they kill street cats and eat then; and they way they go about it is pretty cruel

ive even seen on the news how some countries dont even keep their chicken properly; they're shoving them into cages and shit

so i dont get why these celebs haven't said anything bout these things

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!