Author Topic: what the fuck is the point of a mormon ?  (Read 811 times)

coola

what the fuck is the point of a mormon ?
« on: March 30, 2006, 01:53:43 AM »
i always just thought of them as amish... never actually knew what they do, or who they are ? i've seen orgasmo, thats as far as my understanding goes... i call a dude at work a mormon all the time, and i dont even know what it is..

mauzip

Re: what the fuck is the point of a mormon ?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 02:00:37 AM »
i always just thought of them as amish... never actually knew what they do, or who they are ? i've seen orgasmo, thats as far as my understanding goes... i call a dude at work a mormon all the time, and i dont even know what it is..

The Mormon religion is like a part of the Christian religion, sort of like the Protestants. The 'chosen' leaders are 12 men with with suits on.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 02:39:10 AM »
ask trauma

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

regimemob510

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:48:27 AM »
TO FUCK HELLA WOMEN (WORMEN)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 05:02:16 AM »
They believe that a man named Joseph Smith in America talked with God and Jesus, and wrote a new book of the Bible.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

coola

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 05:20:27 AM »
^ really ?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 05:21:19 AM »

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

coola

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 05:34:15 AM »
what does their new bible teach ?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 08:08:23 AM »
what does their new bible teach ?

I'm not too familiar with it but it says that the first man and woman were in America, and that Jesus visited the US. I'm not an expert though.

Paris

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 09:14:36 AM »
I'm gonna stoop down to the level of the retarded Polacks (Chief, RealGayPolack) on this one...

More than 40% of child sex abusers have family ties with their victims By Elizabeth Neff and Stephen Hunt
The Salt Lake Tribune   http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jun/06132004/utah/175002.asp   

(Only 3% of the sexual crimes ever make it to court, mostly incest 43% of the time, 34% of the prison population are sexual perpetrators, the problem in Utah is extensive and epidemic.)

Where do Utah's child molesters lurk?
    They can be found in homes up and down streets across the state. They are fathers, brothers, uncles and grandfathers.
    While "stranger danger" cases make headlines, children are most often sexually abused by those they know and trust.
    To the trauma of being molested, add betrayal by a loved one and the deep cultural and religious taboos surrounding incestuous sex, leading many families to try to cover up the abuse or handle it on their own.
    Prosecutors, judges and defense attorneys say sex crimes involving family members are among the most difficult for the justice system.
    A Salt Lake Tribune analysis of figures provided by the Department of Children and Family Services for the past five years shows perpetrators were classified as blood relatives, adoptive parents or stepparents 43 percent of the time. In an equal number of cases, the perpetrator, though unrelated, was known to the victim.
    In contrast, police reports indicate strangers were perpetrators only 6.5 percent of the time, according to a Tribune analysis of state Bureau of Criminal Identification records from 2002.
    If the crime is reported to police -- and many abuses are not -- the child's revelations may send the breadwinner to jail and an already fractured family can face economic instability.
    "What's nasty about family sex abuse cases is the whole family is the victim," said Paul Parker, leader of the Salt Lake District Attorney's Office special victims unit.
    Once the case lands in court, a victim's allegiance and resolve are put to the ultimate test.
    Last September, a 13-year-old girl whose father had repeatedly fondled her was the one pleading his case. She told a 3rd District Court judge at his sentencing, "I just want to say that I love Jim very much, and I don't want him to go to prison."
    Her mother called the defendant "a good man" and "a very, very important part of our family."
    The judge -- noting the defendant was a repeat offender who had molested three other daughters two decades earlier -- sent him to prison for a term of three years to life.
    A different judge at the 2002 sentencing of another father, ordered probation, treatment and a year in jail, even though he confessed performing sex acts on his daughter 265 times -- from the time she was 8 years old until she was 16.
    Based on a psychological report that the man was amenable to treatment, the judge suspended potential five years to life prison terms.
    The daughter, then 17, had written the judge characterizing her father as "a good guy with a very bad habit. I feel like this is an addiction or a mental illness that he was unable to control, but with the help from a lot of therapy he would be able to control it."
   Tough to prosecute: More child sex-abuse cases end up being dismissed or end in plea bargains than other crimes, prosecutors say.
    Committed in secret, there may be little evidence to corroborate a victim's story, said Assistant Salt Lake District Attorney Michael Postma.
    Also, the very process intended to stop the abuse and punish the perpetrator can overwhelm young victims.
    Child victims face an onslaught of strange and frightening experiences, from police interviews to medical examinations to confronting their abuser in court.
    Their homes, meanwhile, may become pressure cookers of misplaced blame.
    "Things are in turmoil. Things fall apart," Postma said.
    Court orders almost always forbid contact with the victim, which forces the accused out of the home.
    Paying double rent stresses an already anxious household. Brothers, sisters -- even mothers -- may take sides and point fingers. Guilt-ridden and confused, the child's resolve may falter.
    "Worst-case scenario," Postma said, "the victim recants or starts giving inconsistent statements."
    As for the small number of cases that go to trial -- 3 percent last year -- prosecutors say the challenge becomes getting the child to communicate meaningfully to a jury.
    "You have a young witness talking about adult behavior in a completely artificial environment," Postma said.
     Helping children through the process: Child sex-abuse prosecutors say they could not function without in-house counselors, who establish trust with child victims, go to court with them and sometimes sit with them on the witness stand.
    Said JoAnn Zaharias, program director for the DA's counseling unit: "We try to be nonjudgmental; we validate their feelings."
    Meanwhile, those who interview victims of child sex crimes are using new techniques, resulting in stronger cases for prosecutors.
    First, the child is put at ease by asking them to describe something they are excited about, like a birthday, said Children's Justice Center program manager Susanne Mitchell. "You have to get them to trust you and to talk about something that they want to forget."
    Interviewers stick to open-ended questions -- anatomical dolls are no longer used -- and the child is allowed to ask questions and take breaks.
    "I think it has kind of resolved that myth that children are not reliable witnesses; they are," she said, adding: "We had to guide investigators in how to have a child tell their story, without messing it up."
     Plea deals: Viewed with disdain by some for putting offenders back on the streets faster, plea deals spare child victims the trauma of a trial, ensure a conviction and force defendants to make admissions and obtain treatment.
    A Tribune review found that last year, 78 percent of adult defendants charged in Utah with child sex crimes pleaded guilty in exchange for charge reductions, dismissal of some charges or sentencing recommendations.
    Going to trial allows some children an opportunity to regain the control taken from them by a perpetrator, Zaharias said.
    But hearing a defendant enter guilty pleas can also be empowering. "That plea lets [victims] know they were right and that what was happening was wrong," Postma said.
    Defense attorney G. Fred Metos said many resolutions are driven by defendants who do not want to put their children "through the wringer" of a trial.
    Metos added that child sex cases can be difficult to defend because children are such sympathetic figures in the eyes of jurors.
    "If the claim is that the child fabricated the story, you've got to be careful about accusing the child," he said. "Trying to rip them apart [during cross-examination] is sometimes counterproductive."
    Prosecutor Parker said he bargains for "as much consequences as possible." After that, it is up to a judge.
    Judges weigh many factors: Sentencing judges are required by law to consider a list of factors, among them the defendant's acceptance of responsibility, sexual evaluations, prior criminal record and the egregiousness of the crime.
    Before she was appointed to the bench in 1997, 3rd District Judge Ann Boyden prosecuted child sex crimes. Now she presides over several such cases each week.
    Her first concern in sentencing, she explains, is protecting other children from being abused. That may or may not mean prison time.
    "Some sort of plea answers a lot of things for the family and the perpetrators," she said. "As a judge, I encourage that to the extent it promotes the interest of justice."
    Nevertheless, 34 percent of Utah prison inmates now serving time for first-degree felonies are child sex abusers, according to figures released this month.
    Boyden said she relies heavily on evaluations of an abuser's potential for treatment and rehabilitation. She also listens to victims.
    "I do not ever ignore input from a family member, particularly a victim, because if nothing else, I need to reassure them that they are not the reason [the defendants] are going to prison," she said.
    Third District Judge Dennis Fuchs, who once dealt with convicted sex offenders as a member of the Board of Pardons, said being on the bench is the easier job.
    He said judges are limited by sentencing guidelines. "On the [parole] board you had to deal with how much punishment is appropriate and whether they are rehabilitated."
    Treatment, which usually begins with intensive group and individual therapy lasting 12 to 18 months, focuses on developing empathy for the victim and changing the thoughts and feelings behind a perpetrator's behavior.
    Kathy Ockey, director of a sex-offender halfway house, said it is impossible to "cure" a child sex offender. But those who complete treatment can learn self-control, much as alcoholics do.
    "All of us control our sexual urges every day, so we are not asking sex offenders to do anything different than anyone does every day," Ockey said.  Online resources  * The following Web sites offer more information on child sex abuse:
   * Darkness to Light -- http://www.darkness2light.org
   * Children's Justice Center -- http://www.cjcslc.org/index.html
   * Stop It Now! -- http://www.stopitnow.com   

Mother decries sex abuse by son By Elizabeth Neff
The Salt Lake Tribune     http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jun/06132004/utah/175004.asp

What parent would want to consider the possibility that one of her own children might be a child sexual abuser?
    Lillian Miller, 36, of South Weber, certainly didn't.
    But she knows from two perspectives the heartbreak of child sexual abuse within a family: her teenage son sexually abused his sister and other relatives. Now Miller speaks out so other parents heed the warning signs she overlooked.
    Miller says her son, David, was abused as a child while in day care before he himself became an abuser. When he was 15, he was caught abusing a stepsister. Miller's response was one of denial and anger.
    "I thought it would never happen, there is no way," she said. "I am LDS. I grew up in a religious community and taught my kids right from wrong and thought I did everything I was supposed to do."
    Her son went into a residential treatment program, where his abuse of his younger biological sister and cousins eventually came to light.
    David, who recently turned 18 and is still in residential treatment, used Pokémon cards as a way to manipulate his victims. He said he chose family members because "they would always be available when I wanted to be sexual to them."
    He tried to conceal the abuse by acting like he was watching TV or playing a game, and says he told his victims to "act like nothing happened."
    "I portrayed myself to be this nice church boy that would never do anything like that," he said.
    Looking back, Miller says the signs were there: Her daughter had chronic urinary tract infections, would sometimes sleep with her clothes on, and grew moody and unconcerned with her appearance.
    She urges other parents to take precautions like not letting children play behind closed doors, being aware of their behavior and talking with them about abuse.
    The potential for a juvenile to be a child sex offender is growing. The Children's Justice Center says 46 percent of their cases involve juvenile offenders, and 40 percent of those now involve perpetrators age 10 and younger. And while the numbers of prosecutions of juveniles for sex crimes are going up, the center says, the age of child perpetrators is going down.
    Juvenile abusers within families pose a problem of where to place them during recovery, and if, when and how to integrate them back into families.
    Cliff Mattson runs the treatment center where David lives. The youngest offenders come there at age 12 and may be there beyond their 18th birthdays.
    The kids go to school on-site, beginning their day with a group therapy session, with more sessions during the week in the afternoons. They also are taught coping and anger management skills.
    David says the hardest part about treatment is facing the people he has hurt.
    "I feel that I can have close relationships with my family again, but it is also a matter [of] if my family wants to have a close relationship."
    He worries about what might happen when he is older.
    "It will always be a struggle throughout my life, but as long as I use all of the things I have learned in treatment, I will be able to do well," he says.
    Mattson, 37, began working with child sex offenders in 1993. He says most of the children he sees have been abused in one way or another. In many cases they have been introduced to sexual behaviors or materials that were not appropriate for their age, something that can throw their development off track, he said.
    "When I talk to groups, whether it be church or otherwise, there really is a lack of awareness of how much this is going on," he said. "This is more of an issue than people are aware of."
    Mattson encourages parents not to make sex an off-limits topic in their home.
    "One of the things that is very common when I talk to the kids about what the environment was at home around sexual issues, is that the climate was not conducive to being talked about, being asked about," he said. "You really have to work double time, overtime to create a climate in a home setting where those things can be talked about."
    Miller says she wishes she had been more open about speaking with her son when the incident with his stepsister occurred.
    "I reacted as a parent out of fear," she said. "That just shuts them down and they don't want to talk anymore."   

Victim blamed herself, not her By Elizabeth Neff    The Salt Lake Tribune      http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jun/06132004/utah/175003.asp

At 31, Barbara Feaster is one of many adult victims of child sexual abuse still trying to heal.
    Her father began molesting her when she was a small child, and the abuse continued into her teen years.
    Like many victims, Feaster initially blamed herself, convincing herself she had only been dreaming her father crept into her room to accost her.
    "It was really important for me to believe my dad loved me and that I was just a bad girl," she said. "If it was my fault, then I could do something to change it -- I could be a good girl and change and then my dad wouldn't have to hurt me anymore."
    Her mother looked the other way, and Feaster told no one.
    At the age of 14, she decided to steal a padlock to lock herself in her bedroom at night. That kept her safe until she was 16, when one night she forgot the lock and woke up to find herself being violated again.
    "I jumped up and went to the bathroom and once again tried to convince myself that it was a dream and berated myself for having such horrible sick dreams about my father," she said.
    Shortly after that incident, Feaster's father confessed the abuse to their family bishop, who ordered him to go to the police. He pleaded guilty, went to jail for 30 days and was placed on probation and the sex offender registry for 12 years.
    Although many would consider his sentence a mere slap on the wrist, Feaster has mixed feelings about it.
    "I definitely think that 30 days in jail is nothing compared to what he did because he molested me hundreds of times," Feaster said. "On the other side, there is this sense of loyalty and love you have for your parents. I know people who have recanted to save their parents from going to jail."
    When her father was released, Feaser's mother told her -- not her husband -- to leave the home. In a foster care program, Feaster got counseling for the first time, an apartment of her own and help transitioning into a normal life.
    Now Feaster has gathered a group of Utah women, uFOSTERsuccess, who have come forward to tell their stories in hopes of preventing child sexual abuse and promoting Utah's foster care system.
    Married with children of her own, Feaster says she speaks with her parents now. Her father has agreed not to be alone with children and answers any questions she has about what took place during her childhood.
    "I felt like I hated them for a long time and was really, really mad at them," she said. "Now it's different because they allow the relationship to be on my terms.
    " There is a natural longing for people to want to be connected to their parents, to want to love their parents and have a good relationship with their parents, and I want that like everybody else wants it."
    She tells her story in the hope that people will speak up about abuse to end its cycle. It also is part of her own healing process, which she says is ongoing.
    "It's not a cure type of recovery," she said. "There are issues that will continue to come up your whole life, but if you work through them on a day-to-day basis you can be high-functioning and resilient."

Church official arrested in Internet sex sting

BUTTE, Mont. (AP) — An official in the LDS
Church was arrested in an Internet sex sting after
allegedly arranging to meet a 14-year-old girl in
Idaho.
      Clayton R. Hildreth, stake president of the
Butte chapter of The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-day Saints, was taken into custody Wednesday at
a home in Boise.
      Hildreth, 51, of Dillon was charged in federal
court with one felony count of using the Internet to
knowingly attempt to entice a minor to engage in
sexual activity. He was released on $50,000 bond after
a hearing Friday.
      Over the past two months, police said, Hildreth
corresponded with Boise detectives posing as a
14-year-old girl in an online chat room and allegedly
sent explicit images of himself.
      "We are disturbed by the allegations that our
local church leader may have engaged in improper
conduct," church officials said in a statement from
Salt Lake City. "Individuals found to be so involved
are released from ecclesiastical responsibilities."

Please note that Presiding Bishop Glen L. Pace reported that satanic, sex abuse of over 60 victims all individually testified that their perpetrators were leaders in the LDS church, Bishops, Stake Presidents, Tabernacle Choir members, and even higher positions.

http://www.mormon.citymax.com/page/page/55282.htm

The book "Paper Dolls", describes personal testimony of two affluent Utah neighborhoods involved in satanic, sexual abuse.  One incident describes the adult daughter and son-in-law of an apostle as perpertrators in the abuse!  Just as the Catholic Church has been exposed allowing sexual abuse and other atrocites, to be covered-up for generations, the LDS Church is also finally being exposed.

The LDS church and the Catholic church are implicated on pages 118-119 by Senator Byrd in Cathy O'Brien's book, "The Trance Formation of America" as both being in support of the CIA MKUltra mind control which involves the sexual abuse of children. These church leaders have allowed leadership positions of authority to justify the raping of the people; sexually, financially, and emotionally.  (The secret temple blood oaths required of the LDS and the masons are satanic.)

Portland Archdiocese Filing Chapter 11

By AVIVA L. BRANDT, Associated Press Writer

PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Archdiocese said Tuesday that it will file for bankruptcy because it can't afford to pay the potential cost of sex abuse lawsuits, becoming the first Roman Catholic diocese in the nation to seek such court relief. The Chapter 11 bankruptcy action, planned for Tuesday afternoon, freezes the start of a priest abuse civil trial involving the late Rev. Maurice Grammond, who was accused of molesting more than 50 boys in the 1980s. Grammond died in 2002.                           

Plaintiffs in two lawsuits involving Grammond have sought a total of more than $160 million. The archdiocese and its insurers already have paid more than $53 million to settle more than 130 claims by people who say they were abused by priests.

Dozens of other claims are pending, and at Tuesday's news conference, church officials said they could not afford what the plaintiffs are asking.

"The pot of gold is pretty much empty right now," Archbishop John Vlazny said, who warned parishioners last year in a letter that the archdiocese might go bankrupt.

James Devereaux, one of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit that had been scheduled to go to trial Tuesday, vowed that in spite of the announcement, "We will continue our fight to finally get the archdiocese to accept the sin of its crimes."

David Slader, a plaintiffs' attorney, said the church was simply trying to avoid the details of the lawsuit coming out in court. "The bishop hasn't begun to touch his pot. He is lying," Slader told reporters.

No other U.S. diocese has ever declared bankruptcy, according to Fred J. Naffziger, a business law professor at Indiana University.

Tom Stilley, the attorney handling the archdiocese's bankruptcy filing, also said it was the first such case, but added other dioceses are considering the same step.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy frees an organization from the threat of creditors' lawsuits while it reorganizes. However, it could also open church records to public scrutiny, and could require church leaders to cede some control to the courts.

The Archdiocese of Boston, which was flooded with civil lawsuits after the clergy sex abuse crisis erupted there, considered bankruptcy, but opted to sell church real estate worth millions to settle the claims. The Diocese of Tucson, Ariz., last month said it was considering filing for bankruptcy to resolve pending lawsuits.

In the 1990s, the Archdiocese of Santa Fe, N.M., was brought to the brink of bankruptcy, and had to borrow from parish savings accounts to pay millions of dollars in abuse cases.

Nationwide, abuse cases are known to have cost the church more than $650 million since 1950.

Only a handful of priest abuse lawsuits have actually gone to trial in the United States; most settle beforehand in an effort to avoid a public airing of testimony.

In the case involving Grammond, Vlazny said, the diocese made "every effort to settle the cases fairly. I am committed to just compensation. These (plaintiffs') demands go beyond compensation. With 60 other claims pending, I cannot in justice and prudence pay the demands of these two plaintiffs."

In a deposition taken before his death, Grammond said, "I'd say these children abused me. They'd dive in my lap to get sexual excitement."

This is an example of the perpetrator's extreme justification, taking NO responsibility for their perverse acts.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 09:42:53 AM »
ask trauma

Trauma isn't a mormon anymore.  I know he became a Mormon a few years ago, but last time someone asked him a question he denied being a Mormon and said he had left the Church of Latter Day Saints.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »
so is he still affiliated with a particular church?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 12:06:16 PM »
so is he still affiliated with a particular church?

I don't know if he is a Christian anymore or if he even goes to Church.  All I know is that the last time someone asked about him being a Mormon, he denied it, and said that he had only been in it for a year or so, but that he recently left them all together.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 12:51:59 PM »
Theyre like islam for white people, an obscure group of kooky folks with odd beliefs and are often ridiculed by the mainstream because they are full of ish.

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 01:47:28 PM »
^ lmfao