Author Topic: what the fuck is the point of a mormon ?  (Read 812 times)

Trauma-san

Re: what the fuck is the point of a mormon ?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 09:51:40 AM »
christian dont believe in noah, it's a just a beautiful legend like their are so many others in the old testament. The truth is in the new testament. Maybe it's true that a man found a book, but jesus himself was drinkin wine ( he changed water in wine remember). So why
mormons refuse alcohol? And the bible dont promulgate polygamy. But i dont care about them, i'm not very religious, just like to argue about this shit. And yo, they can baptise me whenever they want, but i dont want to reach that third level shit, i'd rather spend my time in heaven with biggie and 2pac than ghandi and mother theresa

Oh, and about 'the truth is in the new testament'.  In the new testament, Jesus bled from every pore in the garden of Gessamine... in the new testament, when Christ died, the skies went black for three days and there was a huge earthquake.  In the new testament, Jesus fed an entire multitude of people with a small basket of food.  He brought a girl, and a man, back to life.  So there's tons of miracles and craziness that Christians believe but yet don't believe this.  You're also incorrect about the old testament, evangelical Christians (baptists, etc.) believe the old testament is the literal word of what happened. 

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 11:09:59 AM »
christian dont believe in noah, it's a just a beautiful legend like their are so many others in the old testament. The truth is in the new testament. Maybe it's true that a man found a book, but jesus himself was drinkin wine ( he changed water in wine remember). So why
mormons refuse alcohol? And the bible dont promulgate polygamy. But i dont care about them, i'm not very religious, just like to argue about this shit. And yo, they can baptise me whenever they want, but i dont want to reach that third level shit, i'd rather spend my time in heaven with biggie and 2pac than ghandi and mother theresa

Oh, and about 'the truth is in the new testament'.  In the new testament, Jesus bled from every pore in the garden of Gessamine... in the new testament, when Christ died, the skies went black for three days and there was a huge earthquake.  In the new testament, Jesus fed an entire multitude of people with a small basket of food.  He brought a girl, and a man, back to life.  So there's tons of miracles and craziness that Christians believe but yet don't believe this.  You're also incorrect about the old testament, evangelical Christians (baptists, etc.) believe the old testament is the literal word of what happened. 

yeah but he's the son of god, and all his miracles make sense and teach the way of life

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 11:12:11 AM »
i dont believe in the old testament because we got no proof of anything. it's the same book as the thora. And in the old testament, god is cruel, he is puting job in deep shit just for fun. I think god is love and only love.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 12:11:39 PM »
i dont believe in the old testament because we got no proof of anything. it's the same book as the thora. And in the old testament, god is cruel, he is puting job in deep shit just for fun. I think god is love and only love.

i also used to have a problem with the story of job.

these were my problems:
a) you are worried about job, what about his wife and kids?  they died.  and while job is extremely holy and close with god, are all his kids like that as well?
b) at the end job gets a new wife and family; but what about the psychological scars?  all is not well if your first family died horrifically.
c) god is personified.  watching, being questioned and doubted by satan...etc.

these are my solutions:
a) if the human body is temporary but the soul is eternal, then does it really matter what suffering the body/person goes through.  the pain, the death...those things don't matter.  especially if there is a greater reward in the end, but even without the reward.  there is a saying that it is impossible to hurt another, it's only possible to hurt oneself.  the notion being that the physical body is not the self, thus others cannot be harmed; but the aggression is sin, bad karma...etc. 

b & c) the story is allegory and thus not perfect; but it doesn't need to be perfect.  it's a poorly crafted story, but not meant to be taken literally.  and not representative of something that god did, but of something someone thought god would do.

i do think there is an important message about suffering and death; that they are not things to fear..etc.  very easy to say, much harder to accept.  but without question elements of that story are flawed.  but we seem to disagree about the flawed elements.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:14:01 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam