Author Topic: Slavery  (Read 646 times)

coola

Slavery
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:00:38 PM »
man slavery back in the days would have been fucked up !

and imagine that, imagine if in this day in age, you invite some friends over, and youre like "oh dont mind him he's just our slave" WTF ? crazy shit...

and if a slave had children, the child would also become the property of the master... that would be fucked up being born into slavery.. man we were some savages back in the days..

Trauma-san

Re: Slavery
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty crazy.  I think we often underestimate, though, the power of the culture we live in.  It seems crazy to us because of our culture, but back then, that was how things were done.  We do things now, that in the future will seem crazy.

One thing I always notice is how we treat fags.  It is basically a.o.k. to ridicule homosexuals... in the future, that will be looked at as unbelievably unfair. 

Also women still aren't considered equals.  In some aspects things will always be different, because men and women are different by birth... but there are a lot of things like how for instance we haven't had a female president, etc.  that in the future we'll all be looked at as neanderthals. 

So when you look back, yeah, slavery looks insane, but to them it probably was just part of life and nobody realized how ludicrious it was. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 10:03:35 PM »
^^That's some real shit that your saying Trauma. It just seems rediclous because of how we live. Back then a lot of the shit we see has terrible wasn't even thought about back then. However, doing something like beating a slave to death can't just be wavied of becuase of the environment you live in. At what point do your own thoughts, morals, and free will have to come to play? This is a question I've been trting to figure out for a while.

coola

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 10:13:45 PM »
^ i think we as a society are on the right path now... but there are still alot of loose ends, and alot of bullshit going on... but all in all, i believe were on a good path..

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 10:20:16 PM »
Yup, I agree.  People bitch about the world, I think we're better than we were and each mornings better than the last.  Easy for me to say living in the greatest country in the world, but things are generally trending towards great.

I think you can even see it in the past 15 years.  Remember the early 90's and how everybody thought race wars were going to break out over Rodney King and O.J. and shit? I can't even really imagine that now, it seems like blacks and whites are getting along better than ever.  If you think about it, the civil rights movement was in the 60's, 25 years later was rodney king, and it's already been 15 years since that.  That is progress, right there in OUR LIVES towards peace and a good future.  We're living history. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:21:12 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty crazy.  I think we often underestimate, though, the power of the culture we live in.  It seems crazy to us because of our culture, but back then, that was how things were done.  We do things now, that in the future will seem crazy.

One thing I always notice is how we treat fags.  It is basically a.o.k. to ridicule homosexuals... in the future, that will be looked at as unbelievably unfair. 

Also women still aren't considered equals.  In some aspects things will always be different, because men and women are different by birth... but there are a lot of things like how for instance we haven't had a female president, etc.  that in the future we'll all be looked at as neanderthals. 

So when you look back, yeah, slavery looks insane, but to them it probably was just part of life and nobody realized how ludicrious it was. 

Don't you see the parallels between what your saying and the prevailing prejudices against Muslims?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:32:52 AM »

Don't you see the parallels between what your saying and the prevailing prejudices against Muslims?

blame the US government for that

i watched morgan spurlocks 30 days last night, some christian guy went to spend 30 days as a muslim, living in a muslim household and learning about their ways

and inbetween it had morgan spurlock doing word association game with people using the word "Muslim", most of the responses were "Terrorist" and "Scary", and thats just because of the things the public were told by the US government after 9/11

and he asked some guy the question, this guy turns around and goes "you're asking me if i racial profile? well i do, i racial profile"

coola

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 04:20:52 AM »

that parallel is easy to make... doesnt necessarily mean it's related... we're talking about slavery here... all in all muslims dont have it so bad, the only way that they will have a good opinion, is when the minorities within islam stop fucking it up, and the majority stop supporting that minority.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 04:02:15 PM »

Muslims are the most prejudiced and intolerant group of people in the world.

Eihtball

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »

Yeah, you should talk.  Hypocrite.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »

I seriously feel sorry for you man. You are either trying to piss people off and don't mean what you say, but you have no life spending all this time posting all this total bullshit. Or you actually view the world like that... I seriously hope you change, being honest. I would be suprised if you had any friends besides your parents, I mean no one is attracted to your kind of personality. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 05:45:59 PM »

I seriously feel sorry for you man. You are either trying to piss people off and don't mean what you say, but you have no life spending all this time posting all this total bullshit. Or you actually view the world like that... I seriously hope you change, being honest. I would be suprised if you had any friends besides your parents, I mean no one is attracted to your kind of personality. What the fuck is wrong with you?

What the hell is your problem? Someone mentioned discrimination against Muslims, and I merely mentioned the discrimnation Muslims commit towards others. Why is one OK and the other not?

Seriously man, you are a brainwashed idiot.

Eihtball

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »
What the hell is your problem? Someone mentioned discrimination against Muslims, and I merely mentioned the discrimnation Muslims commit towards others. Why is one OK and the other not?

Seriously man, you are a brainwashed idiot.

Our problem is that you're a hypocrite.  If Muslims are so bigoted (and I'll be the first to admit they can be; I have firsthand experience), why are you descending to their level, calling them "savages" and "animals"?  And why is it that you display an obsessiveness with this particular topic?  Do you really think anyone's NOT going to be "brainwashed" into believing you're a closet bigot?

Learn already if you haven't...you are universally hated on this forum, and you deserve to be banned.  And contrary to what I said before, yes, I am intolerant of your views, and I don't give a fuck.  Oh, yeah, and you also deserve to live a miserable, lonely existence (wait a minute...you already do).

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 06:08:29 PM »

Our problem is that you're a hypocrite.  If Muslims are so bigoted (and I'll be the first to admit they can be; I have firsthand experience), why are you descending to their level, calling them "savages" and "animals"?  And why is it that you display an obsessiveness with this particular topic?  Do you really think anyone's NOT going to be "brainwashed" into believing you're a closet bigot?

Learn already if you haven't...you are universally hated on this forum, and you deserve to be banned.  And contrary to what I said before, yes, I am intolerant of your views, and I don't give a fuck.  Oh, yeah, and you also deserve to live a miserable, lonely existence (wait a minute...you already do).

You want to ban me because I made a post saying that Muslims discriminate?

Eihtball

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »
You want to ban me because I made a post saying that Muslims discriminate?

No, because you are a bigot, and the tone of your posts (not to mention your aforementioned OBSESSION with Muslim discrimination) makes that pretty clear.  Stop playing innocent; you know exactly what I'm talking about, and so does everyone else.  And while I'm not a moderator, most forums generally do not tolerate bigotry.  If you want to talk about why Muslims are such savages, then go to Stormfront.org.  You'll fit in better, and at least nobody will be able to mock you for being a right-winger who hates multi-culturalism yet listens to rap music.