Author Topic: What are your personal opinions on Al Capone & Pablo Escobar?  (Read 356 times)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
IMO these dudes are legends, i'm not saying the way they lived was right but i just find them & their lives so interesting.  2 of America's Most Wanted
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Trauma-san

Re: What are your personal opinions on Al Capone & Pablo Escobar?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 10:21:21 PM »
I don't know much about them, but I believe there is something to be learned in everything, nothing is without merit... even a gangster you can learn something from, even if you just hold them up as an example of what NOT to be.  There's nothing wrong with being interested in something dark or even negative as long as you don't let it consume you. 

ABN

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 08:58:15 AM »
i view Pablo Escobar as someone who damn near a destroyed and entire generation of people in the pooret areas around the world. show me where his grave is and i´ll take a shit on it. don´t really know anything about Al Capone and how big his organization really was.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
they both achieved legendary staus

escobar: Who else can say they were allowed to build their own private "prison" which the authorities were not allowed within 20 miles of! no wonder he just carried on what he was doing!

Capone: he was like the mayor of chicago, but i would say a man like jo bonanno achieved legendary status more, he was very much old school, conservative, low profile, etc. and he was the boss of one of the new york 5 families for like 40 years until he got forced out by the new school guys who were into drugs etc. if the mafia had followed the example of bonanno they would still enjoy the prominence they had 60 years ago. but they had leaders like gotti who wanted to be another capone always in the public eye and that just increases the determination for the governement to come get you because its like rubbing salt in their eyes

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:19:07 PM »
I don't know much about them, but I believe there is something to be learned in everything, nothing is without merit... even a gangster you can learn something from, even if you just hold them up as an example of what NOT to be.  There's nothing wrong with being interested in something dark or even negative as long as you don't let it consume you. 

real shit.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 09:55:44 PM »
I agree with Trauma. But I don't think all these dumbasses need to be praising them cause they were gangsters or w/e, they did bad shit, and glorifying that is like if someone raped your family member and you praised them

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »
We talked about Escobar for a coupe of hours in school, apparently he did alot for colombia, building schools and hospitals and shit. We have an older woman in our class n shes from colombia, she says that she thinks its wrong to deal with drugs etc. but she said alot of colombians saw him as a hero n he did alot of good things for his country.

imo he was a great buisnessman, a fucking genius n had great amount of balls.

ABN

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 07:55:16 AM »
We talked about Escobar for a coupe of hours in school, apparently he did alot for colombia, building schools and hospitals and shit. We have an older woman in our class n shes from colombia, she says that she thinks its wrong to deal with drugs etc. but she said alot of colombians saw him as a hero n he did alot of good things for his country.

compare the good things to the bad things he did then he won´t look like a good man at all. Escobar is indirectly responsible for killing probably millions of people all over the world so he can suck his father´s dick in hell.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 01:30:13 PM »
around 20 000 have od'd on coke in the u.s between 1979 - 1997, and they were the biggest consumers of colombian coke.
In sweden it's 5 people every year that od's on coke. Its not millions of people, n they all had a choice.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 07:04:04 PM »

I saw a lil movie about pablo escobar. In 1981 he was one of the richest person in the world. His personnal fortune was evaluated around 8 billions. He killed 5 persons who were running for president in the 1980s. He killed over 40 000 people during is life. Poor people were really loving him because he was giving them money and building schools and shit like that. But on the other hand he killed a lot of these people. He was an extremely cruel man. He was hangin his ennmies by the feet and he burned them. He was also a terrorist. He destroyed a lot of building in his country. When he died in 1993 the capital, bogota was in ruins because of him.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 07:06:51 PM by Bad Boy Killer »

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 07:09:02 PM »

i saw a lil movie about pablo escobar. In 1981 he was one of the richer person in the world. He killed 5 persons who were running for president. he killed over 100 000 during is life. Poor people were really loving him because he was giving them money and building schools and shit like that. But on the other hand he killed a lot of these people. He is was really a cruel man. He was hangin his ennmies by the feet and burned them. He was also a terrorist. He destroyed a lot of building in his country. When he died in 1993 the capital, bogota was in ruins because of him.

but even til this day, years later after his death Bogota nd Columbia are still in ruins because of rival drug cartels. 
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?