Author Topic: Dmx - We in Here  (Read 766 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dmx - We in Here
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 02:19:53 PM »
I'm a huge fan of X, but this song has failed to grasp me... Hope he puts out some better material. This sounds generic. But hey, it ain't easy to always come up with something new...

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »
X is always a fresh breath, especially when i hear shit like this. I'm so sick of all that club shit, so a video and song like this is real tight to me even though it's nothing new concept wise from what he usually drops, but i'm a fan so i don't hate it at all,

chill
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Eihtball

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 02:53:01 PM »
Yea ,, We'll see when the new album comes out ,, I hope it goes #1 again , and then we'll talk later ., ., And he hasn't fallen off in my opinion ., I still like his style ., U just dont feel him no more , but he aint lost it :) ., If X truelly wants it ., He can rhyme every rhyme like slippin' ., And others ., ;)

Maybe he hasn't fallen off, but he simply fails to be interesting anymore.  He's failed to update himself and continue to sound relevent.  There's only so many ways you can use barking and shouting to make your shit interesting.

X is always a fresh breath, especially when i hear shit like this. I'm so sick of all that club shit, so a video and song like this is real tight to me even though it's nothing new concept wise from what he usually drops, but i'm a fan so i don't hate it at all,

That seems to be everyone's rationale for listening to X...that he was anti-commercial.  Doesn't change the fact that like every other crossover rapper out there, he still relied upon gimmicks (barking and shouting, like I said above) and catchy production to appeal to the mainstream, above all else.  And like 50, he was one of the best chorus-writers in hip-hop at the time, which definitely helped out quite a bit.

He did have a really sick mic presence, I'll give you that, and it made "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot" and also "Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood" really good listens.  But he didn't do enough with it.  After his first two albums, I started realizing how repetitive and uninteresting he really was below the surface.  Which is the kinda the same way I've felt about cats like RBX.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:57:34 PM by RBXtra (Rough Is The Texture) »

Wordfish!

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 11:18:13 PM »
Yea right on that ., But there are more good albums of X in my opinion , cuz I liked the Great Depresion 2 .,
In that shit he was just writin what he been 2 and all that , and of what i've heard ., The year of the dogg is gonne be like his shit in 98' and all that shit ., So I'm definitly waitin for it :) I hope this gonne be the year of the dogg !