Author Topic: R.I.P Kurt Cobain  (Read 738 times)

WeSTSidE_Don

R.I.P Kurt Cobain
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:02:58 PM »
12 years ago today Kurt Cobain died one of the greatest musicians of his time...REST IN PEACE

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: R.I.P Kurt Cobain
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 05:56:58 PM »
ehh r.i.p i guess

he killed himself tho, thats cowardly

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 06:20:17 PM »
Too bad. What a wasted talent.

RIP
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
ehh r.i.p i guess

I'm not implying it's true but there have been a lot of questions regarding whether it was really a suicide. Somethiing about the amount of heroin in his body was too much to be able to pick up a shot gun and shoot it. It made it on a couple of TV shows like Hard Copy way back in the day but most have been quiet about since. I don't know personally and I don't really care one way or another, I'm just putting it out there.

As for his talent, he was definately a great composer and poet. I think he gets way overexaggerated by some of his hard core fans, and I think some of those hard core fans have it to positions in the media world where they can push his greatness more than it should be pushed. For example when talking about the early 90s alt Rock boom people rarely ever mention the other bands that were in the same league as Nirvana and also had a great deal to do with alternative music being popular. R.E.M., Pearl Jam, the Chili Peppers, the Smasing Pumkins, etc. Nirvana may have been the only one of the big bands to be so heavily punked influenced but most of the scene of the time was not so much punk rock. The point is that there were a lot of huge bands in the early 90s and only one keeps getting shoved down our throats by MTV and music mags. (But then again the same can be said for Elvis and all the other Rock and Rollers of the 50s that made it big. I guess the media just decides to pick one guy and give him all the credit). (Of course alt Rock/Grunge did not have the historical impact of Rockabilly or 50s Rock in general nor will it ever, but that's neither here nor there).

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 08:08:44 PM »
ehh r.i.p i guess

I'm not implying it's true but there have been a lot of questions regarding whether it was really a suicide. Somethiing about the amount of heroin in his body was too much to be able to pick up a shot gun and shoot it. It made it on a couple of TV shows like Hard Copy way back in the day but most have been quiet about since. I don't know personally and I don't really care one way or another, I'm just putting it out there.

As for his talent, he was definately a great composer and poet. I think he gets way overexaggerated by some of his hard core fans, and I think some of those hard core fans have it to positions in the media world where they can push his greatness more than it should be pushed. For example when talking about the early 90s alt Rock boom people rarely ever mention the other bands that were in the same league as Nirvana and also had a great deal to do with alternative music being popular. R.E.M., Pearl Jam, the Chili Peppers, the Smasing Pumkins, etc. Nirvana may have been the only one of the big bands to be so heavily punked influenced but most of the scene of the time was not so much punk rock. The point is that there were a lot of huge bands in the early 90s and only one keeps getting shoved down our throats by MTV and music mags. (But then again the same can be said for Elvis and all the other Rock and Rollers of the 50s that made it big. I guess the media just decides to pick one guy and give him all the credit). (Of course alt Rock/Grunge did not have the historical impact of Rockabilly or 50s Rock in general nor will it ever, but that's neither here nor there).

yea i saw a tv show that showed how it might not have been suicide,anyways RIP

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 06:55:21 AM »
Kurt is to 90s rock what 50 is to Rap

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 07:18:29 AM »

pretty much

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 07:38:56 AM »

I think a better comparison would be something like Nirvana was to 90s Rock what Dre and Snoop were to Gangsta Rap. What has 50 done to elevate Rap to any level higher than it already was? Yes he's popular and has spawned a few popular acts with his popularity, but Dre, Snoop, Pac, Biggie (and Puff), DMX, Eminem etc had already taken rap to the mainstream. No one had taken the hard alternative rck sound to the mainstream before Kurt, like Kurt did.

Diabolical

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 08:02:39 AM »
I meant that Kurts music was shite.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »
I meant that Kurts music was shite.

Oh. It wasn't all it's cracked up to be but it's not 50 Cent. Maybe Eminem, good music but overpraised.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 10:52:11 AM »
Rip to a legend

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 11:23:13 AM »
Kurt Cobaine is a prime example of another artist that is completely over exaggerated because he died. He wasn't that good....so what if he did a lot to bring grunge to the mainstream...that lasted...what? 5 years? 8 years? who gives a crap. The sad shit about it is how everyone is still on his dick. Maybe i get the worst of it living here in seattle...But its fuckin terrible...our rock station 107.7 does a show called Nightly Nirvana where they play a bunch of nirvana songs in a row....and if thats not enough they play atleast 2 nirvana songs every hour....i mean damn...nirvana only had a few good songs...most of it sucked balls...but yet he's "a legend"

who gives a fuck

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 12:12:34 PM »
nirvana is dope, real dope, 1 of my fav bands of the 90s. sucks he died...

Diabolical

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »
Kurt Cobaine is a prime example of another artist that is completely over exaggerated because he died. He wasn't that good....so what if he did a lot to bring grunge to the mainstream...that lasted...what? 5 years? 8 years? who gives a crap. The sad shit about it is how everyone is still on his dick. Maybe i get the worst of it living here in seattle...But its fuckin terrible...our rock station 107.7 does a show called Nightly Nirvana where they play a bunch of nirvana songs in a row....and if thats not enough they play atleast 2 nirvana songs every hour....i mean damn...nirvana only had a few good songs...most of it sucked balls...but yet he's "a legend"

who gives a fuck

Hear hear.

Knoshen

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • bitches=WE$T COA$T- J Bananas-El trauma =Bitch
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 01:19:57 PM »
if he killed himself then FUCK HIM, selfish prick he has a daughter that is growing up with that