Author Topic: Will Hard Rock and Heavy Metal ever make a comeback. Billboard sees metal rise.  (Read 1963 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I don't want to make this a is hair metal really metal debate. I like hair metal. I just know people that think it's a joke, and the tone of the thread seemed to be geared towards Pantera hard rock, rather than Cinderella hard rock.

GnR were nominated because they were an '87 album and the first Grammy was in '89 for the '88 year I think. Either way GnR weren't eligible. Before Appetitite I don't think there was a hard rock album that sold millions upon millions all at once. Zep and AC/DC took years to sell. Appetite was 5x in it's first year of release. The only other album I can think of is 1984, but I never thought of that album as that hard.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • don status, bitch
van halen I sold a lot also

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
van halen I sold a lot also

10 Million I believe.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris