Author Topic: where do y'all put biggy among the greatest?  (Read 4506 times)

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: where do y'all put biggy among the greatest?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2006, 09:30:55 PM »
lyrically biggy is better 2 me
for real?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

rik

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2006, 10:23:25 PM »
than Pac?

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2006, 10:34:42 PM »
1.Jay-Z
2.Biggie
3.Tupac

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2006, 11:06:47 PM »
^^ not even man, it's one thing to say who u prefer, it's another to go against fact especially when ur being bias and u know it  (not u personally)

that's like me sayin Daz is a better rapper than 2Pac, I listen to Daz stuff more than 2Pac and I have more of a feeling for the majority of his stuff, but I do like 2Pac a lot... it's just fact that Daz isn't a better rapper than 2Pac if u compared track records, ya know?

and, you'd rather have a wall-eyed jabba the hut spittin lyrics with a cheeseburger in his mouth than a Westsider Rider?

well if u compare them like dat, biggie was the best rapper, he was pushing ill punchlines and multi syllables one after one with one of the greatest flow ever, he was able to switch his flow on demand. Listen to life after death, he switch his flow like 10 times on this cd. His metaphore were amongst the best, and they were sometimes funny as fuck. but i do prefer 2pac, 2pac is my number one, but for other reason than lyricism. And don't forget his storytelling, plus i think he was the best in term of versatility, he did great club songs, street anthem and straight gangsta shit. There is not a style that biggie didn't mastered.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 11:10:32 PM by Bad Boy Killer »

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2006, 11:17:01 PM »
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 12:19:41 AM »
good but overrated.

i would say overrated when comparing him to pac or saying that he's the best ever. his voice and flow is so smooth and he was a great stroy teller but i think he went to early and that limited his longevity in the game and that hurts his stake as the greatest ever. a top 10 IMO.
Completly agree. I'm going with 2Pac because the dud can do just about anything. Like Bad Boy Killer said he was so versatile and always had some real shit to say.

1.Jay-Z
2.Biggie
3.Tupac
What are you smoking?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2006, 02:40:30 AM »
good but overrated.

i would say overrated when comparing him to pac or saying that he's the best ever. his voice and flow is so smooth and he was a great stroy teller but i think he went to early and that limited his longevity in the game and that hurts his stake as the greatest ever. a top 10 IMO.
Completly agree. I'm going with 2Pac because the dud can do just about anything. Like Bad Boy Killer said he was so versatile and always had some real shit to say.

He was talking about Biggie

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2006, 02:46:24 AM »
for real?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why is that so hard to believe? Its not like he said Daz is better than Pac.

Jeez, I know this is a westcoast forum and all, but at least try to be more objective.

mauzip

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2006, 03:21:49 AM »
I prefer 2Pac as a rapper, but I can see why someone would pick Biggie over Pac. As an artist, a as public figure as a whole though, it's not contest. Pac takes that eeeeeeeasily.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2006, 06:01:18 AM »
I just love listening to his songs to laugh...it's really hard to keep a straight face listening to him.

"I'm interrupted by the doorbell...3:52 who the hell.......................is this" --Somebody's gotta die

"If I got to chose a coast I got to chose the east/I live out there so don't............go there" --Going back to Cali

I've gotta make a Biggie mix someday and put his funniest lines together someday.  But it's just so hard to listen to his music without laughing.

???

You have an odd sense of humor.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »
I just love listening to his songs to laugh...it's really hard to keep a straight face listening to him.

"I'm interrupted by the doorbell...3:52 who the hell.......................is this" --Somebody's gotta die

"If I got to chose a coast I got to chose the east/I live out there so don't............go there" --Going back to Cali

I've gotta make a Biggie mix someday and put his funniest lines together someday.  But it's just so hard to listen to his music without laughing.

???

You have an odd sense of humor.

^^what he said...whats funny to me is you picked 2 random lines, ok maybe not technically very impressive, but use that alone as an example of why you find Biggie laughable... ::) please elaborate...

with the body of work Biggie created in the short space of time he was around, he's gotta be up there in the top 10 or maybe even top 5 for me...as far as the whole who's better, Big or Pac, imo Biggie was far better technically, as far as his flows, metaphors, storytelling ability...but what Pac lacked in those aspects, he more than made up for with his charisma and personality, which came through so strongly in his music...im a big fan of both artists, so thats what i think... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Matty

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2006, 07:57:37 AM »
see some nice breast in the west. i don't see whats not dope about biggies lyrics and delivery, if its funny its funny cause its dope.

Fressh_Deini

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • G-Funk
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2006, 08:41:19 AM »
He had the potential to be among the greatest.
But he has only 2 albums which is not enough material to put him high on your list.
Even if you believe those 2 albums are classics I think you can't say he is the G.O.A.T.
So he is not high on my list. Maybe Top 25, but not Top 10.

rik

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2006, 10:16:29 AM »
He had the potential to be among the greatest.
But he has only 2 albums which is not enough material to put him high on your list.
Even if you believe those 2 albums are classics I think you can't say he is the G.O.A.T.
So he is not high on my list. Maybe Top 25, but not Top 10.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2006, 12:38:33 PM »
1.Jay-Z
2.Biggie
3.Tupac
What are you smoking?

This is basically it...Tupac had the best lyrics but his flow is average, Biggie has the best flow but his lyrics weren't always top notch, Jay-Z has pretty much the total package, he has a sick flow and can rhyme with the best of them, but it's just my opinion, no need to hate